PDA

View Full Version : True or False?!? Iphone

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Apple Hard At Work Making iPhone Obsolete

CUPERTINO, CA—Only a month after the much-heralded announcement of the iPhone, Apple CEO Steve Jobs confirmed that his engineers were already working around-the-clock on the touchscreen smartphone's far-superior replacement. "We looked at [the iPhone's] innovative user interface, the paradigm-shifting voicemail, the best-in-class mobile browser, and we realized we could make all that seem ridiculously outdated by the time the product becomes available to customers in June," said Jobs, who described the project as "Apple reinventing the iPhone." "When the second-generation iPhone comes out this fall, we want iPhone users to feel not just jealous, but downright foolish for owning such laughably primitive technology." Jobs also hinted that the second iPhone device would not be compatible with existing Mac computers, third-party peripherals, or any future Apple products.

LG
07-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Apple Hard At Work Making iPhone Obsolete

CUPERTINO, CA—Only a month after the much-heralded announcement of the iPhone, Apple CEO Steve Jobs confirmed that his engineers were already working around-the-clock on the touchscreen smartphone's far-superior replacement. "We looked at [the iPhone's] innovative user interface, the paradigm-shifting voicemail, the best-in-class mobile browser, and we realized we could make all that seem ridiculously outdated by the time the product becomes available to customers in June," said Jobs, who described the project as "Apple reinventing the iPhone." "When the second-generation iPhone comes out this fall, we want iPhone users to feel not just jealous, but downright foolish for owning such laughably primitive technology." Jobs also hinted that the second iPhone device would not be compatible with existing Mac computers, third-party peripherals, or any future Apple products.

Haha!

Extremely false. This was on The Onion and was subsequently quoted elsewhere. I think it would be a pretty stupid thing for Apple to do. Although Apple do keep bringing out new products and making their old ones seem obsolete, the lack of backwards compatibility and compatibility with any other Apple product would be pretty dumb.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-28-2007, 02:54 PM
correct, but their is a hint of truth to some of it.............. which makes it even funnier, come January alot of iPhone users will be pissed with version 2

Kabuki
07-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Actually, you will be able to buy upgrades for your iphone. I have a friend who works for Apple, and we discussed such things last week. I finally got a chance to play with the phone. I'm impressed.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I took it to work today and people were amazed.
I took some photos and they turned out very well considering you cant adjust ANYTHING.
No zoom nothing.

When they upgrade that, let me know, and let Sol know 1st actually because he owns one. I'll buy one used after August or better yet I'll find a refurbished one to play with while I wait for my HTC Touch to arrive

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SMARTPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

odelay24
07-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah well its online, so you should be able to download firmware updates.

They'll eventually release larger capacity models though.

Solitary Brother
07-28-2007, 03:54 PM
The next iphone dubbed "iPHONE nano" is already done.
The were working on the next generation of phones months ago.
cheers.