PDA

View Full Version : same shyt, different location....

RubyTS
07-28-2007, 09:13 AM
O so bored!!! Im wondering if anyone knows of any cool spots to hit up while in Hartford, Connecticut or Providence, RI. Hartford is so super boring that i've been acting cooky to keep myself entertained but i really think im losing my mind here! Streets are deserted and all the hot spots seem super dull! There's some gr8 restaurants here, however i need to maintain my figure and its kinda hard t do while the hotel has no gym and there's absolutely nothing but bars and restaurants for blocks. I take my daily walks and jog around bushnell park but i always come back and stuff my face. There's no shopping to keep me preoccupied and what little there is, just sucks lol. Im hopingh Providence has more to offer. I've never been but i hear theres more to do. God i hope so. I have mentioned that i hate nyc but theres nothing better than shopping in the city!!! These travels have made me miss it so much.

BeardedOne
07-28-2007, 09:45 AM
If you have a car available there's some touristy sites just north of the city in Enfield, Hazardville, Somers (Random roadside excitement) and lots of stuff along the river valley there.

As for nightlife, I guess there's NYC. That's why they call 'em roadtrips. :shrug

ezed
07-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Providence has a lot to offer. For shopping there is Providence Place (Giant Mall in heart of city). And a short drive to Newport, RI which offers tons of shops and eating and nightlife. Food....everywhere, sample Federal Hill, you can walk there from Providence Place. There's tons of restaurants around Providence Place. Tons of Nightlife, search the web for Providence. PM me if you need more details.

ezed
07-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Write off Hartford, it sucks.

vanished
07-29-2007, 05:49 AM
O so bored!!! Im wondering if anyone knows of any cool spots to hit up while in Hartford, Connecticut or Providence, RI. Hartford is so super boring that i've been acting cooky to keep myself entertained but i really think im losing my mind here! Streets are deserted and all the hot spots seem super dull! There's some gr8 restaurants here, however i need to maintain my figure and its kinda hard t do while the hotel has no gym and there's absolutely nothing but bars and restaurants for blocks. I take my daily walks and jog around bushnell park but i always come back and stuff my face. There's no shopping to keep me preoccupied and what little there is, just sucks lol. Im hopingh Providence has more to offer. I've never been but i hear theres more to do. God i hope so. I have mentioned that i hate nyc but theres nothing better than shopping in the city!!! These travels have made me miss it so much.

Move to Vegas.

hwbs
07-29-2007, 09:26 AM
i live close to hartford and never go there...it used to be a good spot years ago but cooled off...