PDA

View Full Version : Make Mine a Double! Lohan Busted for DUI -- AGAIN!

chefmike
07-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Make Mine a Double! Lohan Busted for DUI -- AGAIN!

Lindsay Lohan was arrested for drunk driving in Santa Monica early this morning -- her second bust in less than three months.

According to the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept., 21-year-old Lohan was nailed around 2:15 AM near Pico Boulevard and Main Street early Tuesday morning.

Just last week, Lohan was quietly booked by Beverly Hills PD for an alleged Memorial Day weekend DUI crash. She was due back in court on August 24 to face charges of driving with a blood alcohol level greater than .08 and misdemeanor hit and run.

Lindsay just turned 21 -- legal drinking age -- earlier this month. She's been voluntarily wearing a SCRAM alcohol monitoring bracelet for the past couple of weeks, even flaunting the device during a recent beach outing in Malibu.

story developing...

http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/24/lohan-busted-for-dui-again/

chefmike
07-24-2007, 07:00 PM
This chick is a party animal! I'm just waiting for the inevitable sex videos to emerge...

2754tim
07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
She's a sick kid,those 4 Seasons Rehabs r bullshit.I wish she went through
a few that I did.But remember,she is very sick.If she needs to be locked up to save her life,so be it.

Rod la Rod
07-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Bitch, HIRE A DRIVER!

Vicki Richter
07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Friends don't let friends drive drunk.

chefmike
07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Or vote republican...

hwbs
07-24-2007, 09:20 PM
or drink yellow tail :lol:

of course they(lapd) know if she is drinking...she has an ankle bracelet similar to house arrest..it measures your BAC through her sweat glands...wonder if it is GUCCI :twisted:

werwt22
07-25-2007, 01:32 AM
they also caught her with some cocaine.

vanished
07-25-2007, 03:35 AM

They certainly did. This ain't the '60's anymore - you tow the line or face Big Brother.

I know I'll get a ton of disagreements from some people who's opininon I respect but I say, vehemently, let her do all the snow she wants as long as she's not driving - she has to have the rock bottom - I don't think it's ths State's place to force us to give up drugs if we want to do them.

TJT
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Fight the Power,Lindsay. Fight the Power!

ds5929
07-25-2007, 06:46 PM

Fight the Power my ass. I could give a shit what she choses to poison her useless self with- until she gets behind the steering wheel. Then she has the chance to do ME real harm, and I want her skank ass under the jailhouse. Case in point, Morton Downey. When the "Power" finally tired of babying his spoiled ass and inflicted some real consequences on him, he woke up, is now healthy and clean, and has a thriving back-on-track career as the brilliant actor he actually is.
Li'l Lindsay is gonna find herself unemployable. Film studios buy insurance on their lead cast members, and with her track record, no insurer is gonna touch her with a ten foot policy. Especially given the time that has elapsed since her last really successful work, the producers are'nt exactly going to be lined up to offer her work. Assuming, of course, that she does'nt literally crash and burn (and likely take out some bystanders in the process)

vanished
07-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Case in point, Morton Downey. When the "Power" finally tired of babying his spoiled ass and inflicted some real consequences on him, he woke up, is now healthy and clean, and has a thriving back-on-track career as the brilliant actor he actually is.

She clearly cannot handle her high, like many other very bankable starlets can. She's a mess and it's likely to stay that way.

Can't remember the last good film Downey did. Pretty much all hype.

Now Cameron - there's an actress that's VERY bankable and I'm sure wonderful on Saturday evenings.

crayons
07-25-2007, 07:29 PM
you people underestimate just how much fun drinking and driving can be

chefmike
07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Case in point, Morton Downey.Morton Downey was a talk(and scream) show host. Robert Downey is the actor.

TJT
07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
The responses to my post are further evidence of the level of discrimination and hatred towards pretty rich white girls with drug problems on both a societal and institutional level in this country.

Stay strong Lindsey and don't put down the pipe. America needs you.

werwt22
07-25-2007, 09:59 PM

They certainly did. This ain't the '60's anymore - you tow the line or face Big Brother.

I know I'll get a ton of disagreements from some people who's opininon I respect but I say, vehemently, let her do all the snow she wants as long as she's not driving - she has to have the rock bottom - I don't think it's ths State's place to force us to give up drugs if we want to do them.

LOL I've seen coke make so many people go broke. So many people pay the bills and spend the rest of their check on coke and then gradually stop paying the bills. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's a good feeling, but I don't think it's worth the price you end up paying in the end. It makes you make so many irrational decisions. Not many people can handle it and maintain their cool, but you live your life how you live it I suppose...everyone I see that does it is on a downward slope and it doesn't look pretty.

TJT
07-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Lol. A buddy of mine always said cocaine was God's way of saying you had more money than you needed.

vanished
07-26-2007, 05:22 AM
Lol. A buddy of mine always said cocaine was God's way of saying you had more money than you needed.

That was also a Robin Williams line. There are also people out there that many people don't talk about that do it and are cool about it - a time or two now and then.

The fact is you need to make intelligent decisions and you have to be mature when you party. You never hear this because it's in vogue to condemn drinking and drugs - clearly Tipsy Lindsey is neither mature enough nor good enough at making the right decisions.

I don't remember Freud losing his house in Vienna.

chefmike
07-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Pleas on Larry King for Lohan, But What About Others?
Earl Ofari Hutchinson

Within hours after ill-fated model-actress Lindsay Lohan was busted on suspicion of drunk driving and drug possession in Santa Monica her teary eye father, and a parade of Hollywood celebrities, and some of Lohan's friends and associates, made sobbing, heart wrenching pleas on the Larry King show for public understanding of Lohan's ordeal. Lohan's attorney made his pitch for public understanding, calling addiction a terrible and vicious disease.

The kid glove protective attitude of many in the entertainment industry toward Lohan is hardly surprising. She has been released each time within hours on low bond, wears a SCRAM monitoring bracelet, and alcohol monitor on her ankle, gets tested regularly, and got top notch treatment at a posh Malibu, California rehab center. Her film, I Know Who Killed Me, which is scheduled for release almost certainly will pack audiences in, if for no other reason out of curiosity and her rogue name.

There's nothing wrong with Lohan's entertainment industry friends, and a star-struck public, pleading for empathy for her and urging the courts to spare her a jail sentence, and to give her the help that she obviously needs. But there are thousands of drug offenders that need the same compassion and help as Lohan. The big difference is that these drug abusers aren't high-profile, bankable screen commodities. They are mostly poor blacks and Latinos. The estimate is that nearly one-fourth of the more than one million blacks that pack America's prisons are there for non-violent, drug-related crimes. It costs billions to keep them there.

Putting them behind bars has had staggering consequences. It has torn apart families and communities. It has been the single biggest reason for the bloat in federal and state spending on prison construction, maintenance, and the escalation in the number of prosecutors needed to handle the flood of drug cases. Also, few poor, black and Latino drug offenders will be immediately released by police, as Lohan continues to be, and then be allowed to luxuriate in a posh drug treatment center.

The pampered treatment of celebrities such as Lohan carries another public pitfall. It could fuel a backlash to the mounting efforts by many drug reform advocates and public officials to push Congress to eliminate the gaping racially-warped disparity in the drug sentencing laws. These laws mandate minimum sentences for petty drug offenses for those tried in federal court. Far more black and Latino drug offenders, than whites, are tried there. Former President Clinton and Attorney General Janet Reno twice gave half-hearted approval to the U.S. Sentencing Commission's recommendation that the drug sentencing laws be softened. Twice Congress has refused to act.

Lohan's repeated busts could also cripple efforts by drug reform advocates to win wider public support for state-wide initiatives such as Proposition 36 passed overwhelmingly by California voters a few years ago. The law mandates treatment, not jail for non-violent, first time drug offenders. Since then, other states have either passed or proposed similar laws that proscribe drug rehab rather than tossing the key on drug offenders. It's part a cost cutting measure, and part recognition that jails have been a grossly ineffective way to fight illicit drug abuse.

Drug warriors loath these initiatives. They claim that treatment, rather than severe jail sentences, encourages drug abusers to laugh at the courts and the law and puts the public at greater peril.
The notion that celebrities such as Lohan thumb their noses at the law has also stoked public anger over the celebrity double standard. That was glaringly evident in the recent tragicomic drama involving Lohan's other bad girl celebrity counterpart, Paris Hilton. Hilton's early release by L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca brought the wrath of an angry public down on his head. The early release and her later puff ball treatment in jail was a blatant play of the celebrity double standard card. But it did at least momentarily open a small window of opportunity for prison reformers to use the Hilton case to demand the same medical treatment Hilton got for other female inmates.

That window slammed shut fast. L.A county officials haven't uttered a peep since the Hilton episode about spending more on treatment and rehab programs for drug abusers. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's department also has been mute on whether other inmates will get some facsimile of the medical treatment Hilton got.

A few years back a spokes person for the California Department of Corrections publicly declared that they would consider placing repeated celebrity drug abuser Robert Downey, Jr. in a residential treatment facility rather than the county jail. The spokesperson said without a hint that he recognized the celebrity double-standard, "We don't want to just lock them up." He meant the well-to-do and famous, such as Downey and now Lohan, not the thousands of poor and unknown. There are no such qualms about locking them up.

And we darn well know, there's won't be any teary-eyed pleas for understanding for them on the Larry King show.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson is an author and political analyst. His new book The Latino Challenge to Black America: Towards a Conversation between African-Americans and Hispanics (Middle Passage Press and Hispanic Economics New York) in English and Spanish will be out in October.

goldensamba
07-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Or vote republican...

And how exactly would that have helped?

This girl has had too many chances. She needs to go away for a while before she kills an innocent bystander on the road. I know if it was you or me we would not be out on the streets right now. I do not feel sorry for her. They don't help any of the average Joe's in the same situation so why should she be any different?

phxguy
07-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Or vote republican...

Good one, chefmike! :D

phxguy
07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
Pleas on Larry King for Lohan, But What About Others?
Earl Ofari Hutchinson

Within hours after ill-fated model-actress Lindsay Lohan was busted on suspicion of drunk driving and drug possession in Santa Monica her teary eye father, and a parade of Hollywood celebrities, and some of Lohan's friends and associates, made sobbing, heart wrenching pleas on the Larry King show for public understanding of Lohan's ordeal. Lohan's attorney made his pitch for public understanding, calling addiction a terrible and vicious disease.

And we darn well know, there's won't be any teary-eyed pleas for understanding for them on the Larry King show.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson is an author and political analyst. His new book The Latino Challenge to Black America: Towards a Conversation between African-Americans and Hispanics (Middle Passage Press and Hispanic Economics New York) in English and Spanish will be out in October.

Three years ago when the Democrats held their convention in Boston, I was doing some volunteer work at one of the high-end hotels where some of the congressmen were staying. I soon found out that Larry King was staying at that same hotel I was working at. At one point, Larry stepped out of the restaurant he was having his lunch at to use a pay-phone. As soon as he was finished, one of his fans went up to him to kiss his ass and tell him that he runs a great show.

Being that I was doing hospitality work at the hotel, I couldn't go up to him, I needed to do my job. However, deep in my mind, I just wanted to go up to him and tell him that people like him make me sick because he is always acting as some mouthpiece for celebrities who behave badly (like Lindsay Lohan's friends, family and associates) and always lobs softball questions at them (like Paris Hilton). I also wanted to tell him that everyday I wish the head honchos at CNN would order him to his office and tell him his show is no longer needed and that he needs to retire whether he wants to or not.

Larry King represents everything that is wrong with the MSM.

TJ347
07-27-2007, 03:52 AM
Get ready for all the press coverage and celebrities gushing about how "she was really a good person" when she ODs in a year or so... You know it's coming, don't you?

vanished
07-27-2007, 05:01 AM
Get ready for all the press coverage and celebrities gushing about how "she was really a good person" when she ODs in a year or so... You know it's coming, don't you?

You don't OD on coke, darling - unless she starts slamming.

TJT
07-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Phx,if you ever get the chance to meet him again ask him if he's still passing bum checks. Larry has quite a past.