PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Vick,Dog Fighting and the NFL

DJ_Asia
07-19-2007, 10:42 AM
first im no fan of the NFL,at best it kills time between the end of the NBA season and spring training in MLB.To me football is way too specialized and is the only sport I know of that has seperate teams for offense and defense.

However I do understand the game,play fantasy gridiron(won 2 seasons in a row) and follow the players and their achievements on and off the field.One of my alltime favorite players was Michael Vick.His rare combination of Ferrari like speed and cannon arm made his an absolute marvel to watch.I mean dude is like Jordan.... just head and shoulders better than anyone else.

However,Vick was recently indicted for dog fighting and there is speculation that he may miss time this season due to an NFL santioned suspension.

GOOD!

The NFL has recently began to crack down on players that have no clue how lucky the are to make millions of $$$ for playing a game for what 4-5 months a year...gee thats a tough life.Names like Tank Johnson,Lawrence Phillips,Terrell Owens,Pacman, and countless others who beat their wives or drive under the influence or resist arrest all have taken their extraordinary talents for granted and made those that believed in them and held them in high regards look foolish.

Anyone that harms an animal to me is the lowest scum on earth.
Charges against Vick claim he was responsible for drowning,electrocuting and shooting dogs to death that did not live up to their fighting expertise,or were injured in fights.What kind of piece of shit kills an injured dog,let alone intentionally throw 2 of them together so they can rip each others throats out?
What possible motive could this idiot have for partaking and organizing this type of barbaric behaviour? Was the multi million dollar contract and the upteen endorsement deals not putting enough biscuits on the table?Or is it a case of a pathetic person who is so fucked up in the head and insecure that he recieves gratification from controlling innocent and helpless animals,who given the proper upbringing could have been loyal family pets.

Vick faces up to 6 years in prison,but knowing the American legal system I know he wont do much time at all,probably none

I applaud the NFL's recent efforts to clean up its pathetic image and I hope they permanently send Vick to an early retirement and his new career of cleaning up dog shit at the local animal shelter.

Micheal Vick...FUCK YOU!

TJT
07-19-2007, 05:23 PM
The irony is Mike is the "good" Vick brother. Young Marcus is the thug of family. Cut Marcus off at McDonalds and he'll bust a cap in your ass.

Unless you happen to be a 13 year old girl. Marcus invites them back to his place for weed and booze. He's the Middle School Mack.

AlySinclair
07-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you on one of those names, Dj. As much as it pains me to say, Terrell Owens - he is an a**hole - but he never has gotten in any police trouble, nor beat his wife, nor had any involvement in criminal activity.

He was here in Philly and I got to know his antics quite well. There are plenty of a**hole's in sports, and he is one for sure (like Michael Jack Schmidt, Scott Rolen, JD Drew, etc... but most know where the line is...and he does. (I stuck with Philly names for ease of comparison.)

On the other note, I second your F**K MICHALEL VICK comment, happily. ^^

jmt
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

blckhaze
07-19-2007, 06:07 PM
some of these athletes have too much money with too much time to do do shit with. A good percentage of the most porp athlete come from middle class to lower class families and this is the first time theyve seen so much money in their live so they go bonkers. Its a shame because it diminshes the accomplishment of the atheltes who choose to be charitable with some of there cash.

ARMANIXXX
09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Terrell Owens has done nothing wrong. T.O. has ALWAYS been a good player....great player in fact with strong HALL OF FAME arguments.

The only thing Terrell Owens did wrong was Drag Donovan McNabb in the middle of his contract dispute in his quest for more money.

But he recently admitted he was wrong in doing that and if he could, he would have treated that situation differently.

But make no mistake, he was RIGHT in asking and demanding more money.

DJ_Asia
09-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Terrell Owens has done nothing wrong. T.O. has ALWAYS been a good player....great player in fact with strong HALL OF FAME arguments.

The only thing Terrell Owens did wrong was Drag Donovan McNabb in the middle of his contract dispute in his quest for more money.

But he recently admitted he was wrong in doing that and if he could, he would have treated that situation differently.

But make no mistake, he was RIGHT in asking and demanding more money.

yeah T.O has never done anything wrong...except verbally abuse every QB he's ever played with,cause more locker room drama then Ryan Leaf could in 20 seasons,demand more $(oh thats right...they DID have a fuckin gun pointed at your head when you signed your name on your current deal)totally disregards the team for his own stat lines....oh and apparently tried to kill himself...but other than that...he's a class act.....

T.O. exemplifies everything that is wrong with pro sports today.

ARMANIXXX
09-29-2007, 06:15 AM
yeah T.O has never done anything wrong...except verbally abuse every QB he's ever played with,cause more locker room drama then Ryan Leaf could in 20 seasons,demand more $(oh thats right...they DID have a fuckin gun pointed at your head when you signed your name on your current deal)totally disregards the team for his own stat lines....oh and apparently tried to kill himself...but other than that...he's a class act.....

T.O. exemplifies everything that is wrong with pro sports today.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________--

Terrel Owens was a major catalyst on his teams playoff runs, both the 49'ers and the Eagles. That he wanted more money after doing well, I'm all for that. If he had done poorly his teams would ask him to take a pay cut, so whats the difference? Good for T.O.....get all the loot you can for as long as you can......kudos.

Second, T.O. also said he had an allergic reaction to his medication and I have no reason to NOT believe him......neither do you or anyone else.....I met him a few times when he lived out here in the Bay Area and I can tell you he doesn't even smoke weed, so that he has a low tolerance for meds. isn't implausible in the least. Please, Let's not forget, T.O. has 25 million reasons to be alive ;)

Finally, Terrell Owens is doing great with the cowboys, has done so since he got there. You want to know which Cowboy was the jerk last year causing the most unnecessary dissent? PARCELS ......Bill Parcels was the one who was acting like an ass....like a man who's gotten too old and too crabby for today's NFL. A coach isn't supposed to allienate his players, I don't care if his boss made him take T.O. on, he's the damn coach and he's supposed to be above his own petty feelings, and considering his NFL experience and his leadership responsibilities, Parcel's baby'ishness was unforgivable....completely unforgivable.

Terrell Owens is one of the GREATEST receivers of all time and the Cowboys are lucky to have him, and I am not even a Cowboy's fan, but You'd be lucky to have him on your team too though.