PDA

View Full Version : Rollover preview problem

BigJoe
07-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Has anyone noticed an issue with the new rollover preview? On some postings I noticed that when the preview generates, it covers the space for the link to that thread making clicking the link nearly impossible. It seems to happen on the threads with very little or no text preceding a picture on the first post. Anyone else?

BigJoe
07-19-2007, 02:07 AM
e.g. the link to Brazilian-Transsexuals.com Updates...July 18, 2007 in the general discussion listings is the latest example.[/i]

BeardedOne
07-19-2007, 02:23 AM
e.g. the link to Brazilian-Transsexuals.com Updates...July 18, 2007 in the general discussion listings is the latest example.[/i]

Whoa! :shock:

Just went to that thread to see what you were talking about. Major window-width issue.

The rollover previews have taken some getting used to, but I think they're a good thing. It gives me that little "out" when a thread is less-than-useless and allows me to move on to the next without having to wait for the window to open/close/refresh.

This one, however, is a serious glitch. I seem to recall vizziting the thread earlier without problem, but now the preview takes up the entire lower half of the screen.

Mods? Technogeeks? Anybody? :?

BigJoe
07-19-2007, 02:42 AM
The rollover previews have taken some getting used to, but I think they're a good thing.

I agree, I like them and hope to keep them, I think they are a good addition.

This one, however, is a serious glitch. I seem to recall vizziting the thread earlier without problem, but now the preview takes up the entire lower half of the screen.

Yeah, it seems to occur if the first picture has been cached by a previous visit to that thread or even by letting the preview generate, rolling off the link and then returning to view the rollover again.

And it's only on threads that fit the criteria of my first post or threads that have text in an unusually large font size on the first post of that thread (I saw one like that the other day but I don't recall the exact thread).

Bigguy
07-19-2007, 04:02 AM
I see that in Firefox a large image will cover over the link. In Internet explorer the rollover preview will go under the link so you can click it, but if it is one of the last topics on the page most of the preview goes off the bottom of the screen.

BigJoe
07-19-2007, 05:46 AM
I see that in Firefox a large image will cover over the link. In Internet explorer the rollover preview will go under the link so you can click it, but if it is one of the last topics on the page most of the preview goes off the bottom of the screen.

I'm getting the same results as you Bigguy, I also noticed that the issue is only caused by pictures that are being hosted on another site and of sufficient size, in other words from links to pictures and not images hosted on the HA servers, I hope this helps...assuming this thread reaches the right eyes. 8)

BigJoe
07-19-2007, 05:52 AM
...or threads that have text in an unusually large font size on the first post of that thread (I saw one like that the other day but I don't recall the exact thread).

I found the large font text thread that is causing the problem too Hara's HA Chatroom....................................

NYCe
07-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Hmm, I noticed that too. I'll see what I can do about it.

tsntx
07-19-2007, 06:18 AM
thats what i was referring to when nyce asked how ppl liked the rollover preview

BigJoe
07-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Hmm, I noticed that too. I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanks.

BeardedOne
07-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks modtechnogeekguys. :)

And an aside to BG: Nice av of Danielle. :)

ILuvGurls
07-20-2007, 11:05 PM
add franks update for july 20 to the list