PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Beckham

AllanahStarrNYC
07-18-2007, 05:50 PM
So I was never really a fan...

but after watching her media appearances in the US and her 'Coming To America' special on YouTube I am soooooooooooooooo in love with her!

I think she is hysterical, and really funny, and pokes fun at herselff-plus I think she has great taste in clothes and has the most amazing hand bag and shoe collection.

Anyway, my two cents on Beckham mania.

Yeah Davis is way hot, but Victoria is my fave.

Rui
07-18-2007, 06:03 PM
They sure have greats sense of humour and can laugh at themselves, just watch the ali-g interview to them.

on the physical side, I think victoria should put some meat on those bones, the girl is too damn skinny

mbf
07-18-2007, 06:05 PM
shes just one of the most pretentious bitches ever.

so glad that its now a yanks problem ;)

beany06795
07-18-2007, 07:07 PM
It's David, not Davis. Both of them have milked as much money as possible from the bare minimum of talent, and now the games pretty much up over here, they are off to the USA. From what I know of the Americans I have met, they are not all as easily fooled as the public image suggests, and I do hope the whole circus is greeted with the total and utter indifference they deserve.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-18-2007, 08:03 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/RonpdewEjEI/AAAAAAAADPE/6g8JKPc3P_E/s1600/poshSplitwireMtx_468x649.jpg
http://bp3.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/Rn9a5dplpRI/AAAAAAAADDk/mObic7WZ6Cc/s400/poshBaseballR_468x945.jpg

no calves

implants or not I'll pass

and isn't cramming your foot into some pumps that don't fit a fashion sin?!?
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/RnJEz9plnzI/AAAAAAAAC30/MpVWMN-blT8/s1600/61903_Victoria_Beckham_Sunglasses_2_122_572lo.jpg

but bigups to Dave for always making himself look good in those paparazzi flicks

http://bp2.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/Rp2iTpsNAYI/AAAAAAAADl8/LLr8dGdvmnI/s1600/94834_1_122_256lo.jpg

AllanahStarrNYC
07-18-2007, 08:08 PM
It's David, not Davis. Both of them have milked as much money as possible from the bare minimum of talent, and now the games pretty much up over here, they are off to the USA. From what I know of the Americans I have met, they are not all as easily fooled as the public image suggests, and I do hope the whole circus is greeted with the total and utter indifference they deserve.

sweeat heart DONT BE STUPID

i am well aware its DAVID-

i've been aware of david beckham and vicoria for many years before most americans since i have been traveling to the UK for quite some time

it was a typo

RELAX

AllanahStarrNYC
07-18-2007, 08:09 PM

sweeat heart DONT BE STUPID

i am well aware its DAVID-

i've been aware of david beckham and vicoria for many years before most americans since i have been traveling to the UK for quite some time

it was a typo

RELAX

AllanahStarrNYC
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/RonpdewEjEI/AAAAAAAADPE/6g8JKPc3P_E/s1600/poshSplitwireMtx_468x649.jpg
http://bp3.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/Rn9a5dplpRI/AAAAAAAADDk/mObic7WZ6Cc/s400/poshBaseballR_468x945.jpg

no calves

and isn't cramming your foot into some pumps that don't fit a fashion sin?!?
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/RnJEz9plnzI/AAAAAAAAC30/MpVWMN-blT8/s1600/61903_Victoria_Beckham_Sunglasses_2_122_572lo.jpg

but bigups to Dave for always making himself look good in those paparazzi flicks

http://bp2.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/Rp2iTpsNAYI/AAAAAAAADl8/LLr8dGdvmnI/s1600/94834_1_122_256lo.jpg

Is the only reedming quality for measuring a woman is wether you want to fuck her or not?

I am not talking about the way she looks- I am saying that I like her sense of humor and that she makes me laugh and I find her very personable and funny. And I like her style. That's it. Not entering her in a beauty contest.

Plus I dont think she really cares- she landed David Beckham- a total 10.

NickTheQuick
07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
They sure have greats sense of humour and can laugh at themselves, just watch the ali-g interview to them.

on the physical side, I think victoria should put some meat on those bones, the girl is too damn skinny

I agree. And he can't be all that bad of a player to star at Man U, Real Madrid and to represent England for over a decade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P842Tmi6lrc

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-18-2007, 08:48 PM
how you got this from

no calves

is beyond me, I never mentioned anything about boning the broad I simply said I'd pass

The Piper
07-18-2007, 08:54 PM
shes just one of the most pretentious bitches ever.

so glad that its now a yanks problem ;)

Amen,to that.

Alison Faraday
07-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Her book is interesting I'll give her that. She certainly has some very outspoken views of fat people. And she's quite right too, although possibly bordering on the obsessive.

As a friend, someone I would respect? No way. She's incredibly shallow.

She's about on par with Paris Hilton.

Harrys Boy
07-18-2007, 08:59 PM
America is welcome to her.

Madison
07-19-2007, 02:32 AM
MAJOR!!!

SteamMillenia
07-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Typically LA glitter-fest. In a week or two, the happy couple will be lying face down in a pool of blood with 50 arrows in their backs. I'm reminded of an old Frank Zappa song...

"I hear the sound of marching feet,
Down Sunset Blvd. to Crescent Hgts,
And there at Pandora's Box,
We are confronted with,
A vast quantity of Plastic People."

juliana_dominguez
07-19-2007, 03:42 AM
i love her Major!

Tomfurbs
07-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Well, don't be fooled into thinking she makes fun of herself, she's just is not that bright. Nothing wrong with that at all, and I doubt whether she cares since she's very rich etc etc.

PatrickFromNYC
07-19-2007, 06:09 AM
I love her look.....Wish she would gain a lb or too but Victoria is a beauty

goldensamba
07-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Being an ex pro soccer player I can speak on David's playing ability or lack thereof. He is great at one thing. Crosses and free kicks. The guy has cost England quite a few big games and is nowhere near what the hype is. If he was as good as most Americans believe he would be playing at Real or Man U still. You can find a game on par with MLS in any Sunday pub league. Man U saw the handwriting on the wall years ago and got what they could for him.

As for Victoria. That is the most self absorbed piece of crap ever. Without David she would be shit just like the rest of the crap Spice Girls. The last thing we need here in the states is another along the lines of Paris, Nichole, Britney, and the rest of the self absorbed. These women only perpetuate the bad ideals and bad self image young girls in this country struggle with. I will gladly pay for her concord flight back to the UK.

whatsupwithat
07-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Being an ex pro soccer player I can speak on David's playing ability or lack thereof. He is great at one thing. Crosses and free kicks. The guy has cost England quite a few big games and is nowhere near what the hype is. If he was as good as most Americans believe he would be playing at Real or Man U still. You can find a game on par with MLS in any Sunday pub league. Man U saw the handwriting on the wall years ago and got what they could for him.

As for Victoria. That is the most self absorbed piece of crap ever. Without David she would be shit just like the rest of the crap Spice Girls. The last thing we need here in the states is another along the lines of Paris, Nichole, Britney, and the rest of the self absorbed. These women only perpetuate the bad ideals and bad self image young girls in this country struggle with. I will gladly pay for her concord flight back to the UK.

:claps

Solitary Brother
07-19-2007, 07:25 AM

but after watching her media appearances in the US and her 'Coming To America' special on YouTube I am soooooooooooooooo in love with her!

I think she is hysterical, and really funny, and pokes fun at herselff-plus I think she has great taste in clothes and has the most amazing hand bag and shoe collection.

I am surprised you arent a fan since she has great style.
She is skinny I know but she very stylish and carries herself VERY well.

mbf
07-19-2007, 08:43 AM

i am normally reluctant to quote all a person had to say but this time i have to say WORD! everything is true.

its pure speculation but i think if beckham hadnt met that bitch he would have been a much greater football (soccer for u yanks ;))player.

shes the yoko ono of soccer.
and he is the anna kurnikova of soccer. (looks over talent)

and regarding her "wits" and "charms": as long as u only see a person on celebrity-talkshows and interviews where pretty much every question and answer is prefabricated and stems from scriptwriters ......easy to appear nice there.

their move to the US was mostly motivated by the fact that in europe NO ONE cant stand em anymore.

DJ_Asia
07-19-2007, 08:57 AM

i am normally reluctant to quote all a person had to say but this time i have to say WORD! everything is true.

its pure speculation but i think if beckham hadnt met that bitch he would have been a much greater football (soccer for u yanks ;))player.

and regarding her "wits" and "charms": as long as u only see a person on celebrity-talkshows and interviews where pretty much every question and answer is prefabricated and stems from scriptwriters ......easy to appear nice there.

their move to the US was mostly motivated by the fact that in europe NO ONE cant stand em anymore.

Ditto what u said.Americans eat up anyone that has zero talent and is told by the media that they SHOULD be adored.

A website recently ran pics of the Beckhams and the Pitt/Jolies and my immediate thought was 3 very talented attractive people and 1 wannabe who lucked into a great situation....it was kinda like the old Sesame Street segment "Which one doesnt belong"

loki
07-19-2007, 09:04 AM

Ditto what u said.Americans eat up anyone that has zero talent and is told by the media that they SHOULD be adored.

A website recently ran pics of the Beckhams and the Pitt/Jolies and my immediate thought was 3 very talented attractive people and 1 wannabe who lucked into a great situation....it was kinda like the old Sesame Street segment "Which one doesnt belong"Sadly you are correct. As an american i think that not one bit of culture or enlightenment has come from my homeland since the 80's. Give or take a few.

TJT
07-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Talking fake boobs on birdlegs. No butt,no brains.

thompsonforsheriff
07-19-2007, 10:02 AM

A website recently ran pics of the Beckhams and the Pitt/Jolies and my immediate thought was 3 very talented attractive people and 1 wannabe who lucked into a great situation....it was kinda like the old Sesame Street segment "Which one doesnt belong"Sadly you are correct. As an american i think that not one bit of culture or enlightenment has come from my homeland since the 80's. Give or take a few.

Haha, so true. What was it happened to the US during the 80s that the culture just took a downward turn and seemed to stay there? I guess the tail end of the dionysian revolution that was the 60s gave way to bad music and cocaine.

AllanahStarrNYC
07-19-2007, 11:07 AM
It's so clear most of your are missing the point here.

There have been countless people throughout history who were famous and rich and had no talent at all- why it's so in our face now is because we have much more media outlets and instant information. Our culture has always been celbrity obsessed- it's how we get the information and how fast now that makes the difference.

NOT ONCE did I ever mention anything about her talent-or her attributes as a person.
One can be famous and or rich, without having talent or one of the other.
They are not mutually exclusive.

I think she is funny, glamorous, stylish, and MAJOR. She gets it.

You have to be into glamour and fabulosity to get these things.

If not- YOU DON"T GET IT. Plain and simple.

mbf
07-19-2007, 11:13 AM

in this case i am so glad i dont get it

ps: wait a few month....

AllanahStarrNYC
07-19-2007, 11:20 AM
wait a few months for what?

her style to change?

you obviously don't get it

her job is just to look glamorous, shop, and be david beckham's wife. and do the odd project
she does that well.

hondarobot
07-19-2007, 03:41 PM

There have been countless people throughout history who were famous and rich and had no talent at all- why it's so in our face now is because we have much more media outlets and instant information. Our culture has always been celbrity obsessed- it's how we get the information and how fast now that makes the difference.

NOT ONCE did I ever mention anything about her talent-or her attributes as a person.

A good example of this would be Charo. How could anyone not like Charo? I have no idea what she ever did beyond just being Charo, but ya gotta respect that.

I'm not even saying I find her particularly that attractive or anything, she was just entertainingly kooky. She does have pretty nice boobs, though.

thompsonforsheriff
07-19-2007, 04:51 PM

This is totally true. If you 'get it,' once the media glare is on you and you're in the public consciousness all you have to do is keep up the image and cater to the media, you essentially become you're own brand that you're selling. Like a real life soap opera. Then when something newsworthy/scandalous happens you sell the story rights to it. There are generally firms/people you can hire to keep stories about you in the papers/tabloids or out of the tabloids depending on how much you wanna pay. Anyone ever heard of Max Clifford? I know he probably has some kind of equivalent in the US. Generally I don't care for the whole lot of them; the people that are milking the media for the $$$, the people who don't have a life that actually spend their time watching these talentless hacks, and the industry that perpetuates itself via these kinds of people.

bassman2546
07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Can't stand her. Head too big for body. Fake tan. No talent. Least-talented of th Spice Girls and that's REALLY bad. Riding on her hubby's coattails, and he's another story.

SteamMillenia
07-19-2007, 04:57 PM

A good example of this would be Charo. How could anyone not like Charo? I have no idea what she ever did beyond just being Charo, but ya gotta respect that.

I'm not even saying I find her particularly that attractive or anything, she was just entertainingly kooky. She does have pretty nice boobs, though.

Obviously, you've never seen Charo play a guitar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnPr034luwg

TJT
07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Let's see. She's got a husband who plays a sport no one in the States gives a rats ass about. Stick a fork in him he's done.

She rides his coat-tails. Can you say the UK's biggest bomb in the States since the Bay City Rollers?

I hope they got the money up front.

goldensamba
07-19-2007, 05:22 PM

her style to change?

her job is just to look glamorous, shop, and be david beckham's wife. and do the odd project
she does that well.

Not arguing that particular point. But she is not attractive in any way, shape or form. And, as soon as she opens her mouth the rest of the sham falls to pieces. I think what everyone here is saying is: as cool as it is to be known for doing nothing but being arm candy, we don't appreciate that attribute the way you do. I personally think she is a leech.

hondarobot
07-19-2007, 07:23 PM

Obviously, you've never seen Charo play a guitar...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnPr034luwg

Well, now I have. But how does anyone know Sporty Spice can't play guitar as well? Maybe she's even a better guitarist then Charo, and she's just not telling anyone about it.

8)

Lord Goatse
07-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Lord Goatse finds the whole saga of the Beckham family moving to America absolutely hilarious.

Together through thick and Thin, i.e, David is thick and Victoria is thin.

David Beckham is proof that you do not need an IQ much above 80 to become a professional football* player. He was once a superb midfielder, and one of the best dead-ball specialists of all time, and still remains a true talent, until he opens his mouth and tried to string a sentence together.

Victoria Beckham is proof that you can be an anorexic twiglet with fake tits and a singing voice rather like a pig being castrated, and still find a niche on the celebrity circuit.

Lord Goatse raises a glass to them. They've both made such a little go a very long way.

*For our USA friends, 'football' is what the rest of the planet call 'soccer'.

AllanahStarrNYC
07-19-2007, 08:10 PM

her style to change?

she does that well.

Not arguing that particular point. But she is not attractive in any way, shape or form. And, as soon as she opens her mouth the rest of the sham falls to pieces. I think what everyone here is saying is: as cool as it is to be known for doing nothing but being arm candy, we don't appreciate that attribute the way you do. I personally think she is a leech.Ok

Ok I WOULD BEG TO DIFFER on this point- as all most guys do on here is post pictures of girls or talk about girls who they wish were THEIR arm candy. So I see the difference is that when the arm candy is not to most of you guys liking then it's a waste.

Again and again guys have made comments about her appearance.

Which goes back to my point that to most of you- the only quality you would consider a woman or victoria beckham is wether you want to fuck her or not and quite frankly that is quite sad.

The Beckhams are hated easily by so many because they are young, super ric,h and glamorous. It's the same reason why they are loved by so many as well.

I just find it really funny when people talk shit about people like them- because the bottom line is that wether they are talented, ugly, or what have you- most people who talk shit about them could only wish to have their money, success, and maybe even their life.

I give Kudos to Victoria- she always looks chic and done in public. There are very few celebrities who look put together day to day- even when they know they are being constantly photographed. You never see her wihtout make up and NEVER WITHOUT HEELS. If I were to have that fame I would always look put together in public. The only stars I can think of top of my head who that today are Victoria and Mariah Carrey.

Joan Crawford once said-'I never leave the house unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star' and all these celebrities should really make the same effort.

goldensamba
07-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok I WOULD BEG TO DIFFER on this point- as all most guys do on here is post pictures of girls or talk about girls who they wish were THEIR arm candy. So I see the difference is that when the arm candy is not to most of you guys liking then it's a waste.

Which goes back to my point that to most of you- the only quality you would consider a woman or victoria beckham is wether you want to fuck her or not and quite frankly that is quite sad.

The Beckhams are hated easily by so many because they are young, super ric,h and glamorous. It's the same reason why they are loved by so many as well.

I just find it really funny when people talk shit about people like them- because the bottom line is that wether they are talented, ugly, or what have you- most people who talk shit about them could only wish to have their money, success, and maybe even their life.

I give Kudos to Victoria- she always looks chic and done in public. There are very few celebrities who look put together day to day- even when they know they are being constantly photographed. You never see her wihtout make up and NEVER WITHOUT HEELS. If I were to have that fame I would always look put together in public. The only stars I can think of top of my head who that today are Victoria and Mariah Carrey.

Joan Crawford once said-'I never leave the house unless I look like Joan Crawford the movie star' and all these celebrities should really make the same effort.

You have never and will never see me posting pictures of any girls I want to sleep with nor did you hear me refer to her in whether I would sleep with her. Do not generalize me with others by saying things that are patently untrue. I am making judgement based on knowing football which most here do not and on the character of the people in question. I have met David before and as nice as he may be he is very dim.

Two further points....................

1. You doon't know enough about football to comment so you cannot say I am talking about them because they are glamorous...blah blah. His career has taken a serious dive since he has been with her and any world football fan knows this.

2. She can me made up and done up all she wants but it doesn't change the PERSON she is. A talentless slag riding his gravy train who cares nothing about anyone but herself and his millions.

TrueBeauty TS
07-19-2007, 08:46 PM
her job is just to look glamorous, shop, and be david beckham's wife. and do the odd project she does that well.

Sounds like a good gig. Count me in. LOL

I love her style.

TrueBeauty TS
07-19-2007, 08:53 PM
1. You doon't know enough about football to comment so you cannot say I am talking about them because they are glamorous...blah blah. His career has taken a serious dive since he has been with her and any world football fan knows this.

I don't know anything about him except he's hot looking and *seems* like a nice person, judging from the 3 minutes I've seen of him in interviews.

2. She can me made up and done up all she wants but it doesn't change the PERSON she is. A talentless slag riding his gravy train who cares nothing about anyone but herself and his millions.

I think she has some talent. And if she managed her money at all, I'm sure she was quite well off on her own after all the Spice Girls concerts, music (of which they all got writing credit), tours, movies and merchandising.

AllanahStarrNYC
07-19-2007, 09:20 PM
[quote=AllanahStarrNYC]

You have never and will never see me posting pictures of any girls I want to sleep with nor did you hear me refer to her in whether I would sleep with her. Do not generalize me with others by saying things that are patently untrue. I am making judgement based on knowing football which most here do not and on the character of the people in question. I have met David before and as nice as he may be he is very dim.

Two further points....................

2. She can me made up and done up all she wants but it doesn't change the PERSON she is. A talentless slag riding his gravy train who cares nothing about anyone but herself and his millions.[/quote

Darling that was a general statement and I spoke in the plural.
I don't know you to address anything to you except this discussion. Stop taking it personally.

I don't claim nor care to know anything about football or any sport.
It's not my interest.

Now is towards you AGAIN- your points of her being talentless and a slag and hireding his career are futile. Because I never once mentioned her credibility as an artists.

And if you are not sure- she comes from a wealthy family and she made plenty of money from the Spice Girls.

It's just ridiculous thar youare trying to argue the things that can'tbe argued about her- that she indeed a style icon and avey fashionable lady.

PERIOD.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-19-2007, 10:44 PM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/Rp80WpsNA0I/AAAAAAAADpc/coul5BdMht8/s400/beckhamGOFF1907_468x847.jpg

http://bp2.blogger.com/_2EVRSbS-DF8/Rp80QJsNAzI/AAAAAAAADpU/k03NC69lp9Q/s1600/beckhamRTN1907_468x692.jpg

It must be true what Victoria Beckham says about herself judging by her legs. She stated in an interview once that she looks terrbile undressed and now I can see why. I wonder what her tummy really looks like?

wow

goldensamba
07-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Allanah, I don't care about those things. I care much more about people and how they treat one another.

but....we can have a difference of opinion. I still love you just the same :)

AllanahStarrNYC
07-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Allanah, I don't care about those things. I care much more about people and how they treat one another.

but....we can have a difference of opinion. I still love you just the same :)

I care about those things as well as fashion-

My favorite past times

1.Shopping
2.Eating Out @ Restaurants
3.Sex
4.Shopping
5.Traveling

TrueBeauty TS
07-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Yeah, yeah.... sure. That's what all you guys say. That's why there are so many threads here that start with "Look at the GREAT PERSONALITY this girl has!!!!" lol :roll:

I know you are talking to Allanah, but since I basically get ignored, I'll just chime in anyway..... :wink:

goldensamba
07-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Yeah, yeah.... sure. That's what all you guys say. That's why there are so many threads here that start with "Look at the GREAT PERSONALITY this girl has!!!!" lol :roll:

I know you are talking to Allanah, but since I basically get ignored, I'll just chime in anyway..... :wink:

LOL. I value your opinion too! :D

Felicia Katt
07-20-2007, 02:14 AM
They say you can't be too rich or too thin, and while you may choose to debate that, she is enviably thin, obviously rich and has fabulous style and a fairy tale life, so for all those reasons, count me as one of her fans.

FK

goldensamba
07-20-2007, 03:40 AM
They say you can't be too rich or too thin, and while you may choose to debate that, she is enviably thin, obviously rich and has fabulous style and a fairy tale life, so for all those reasons, count me as one of her fans.

FK

I am definitely missing something here. She is not enviably thin, she is unhealthily thin. I think my problem with people being her "fans" is that she has no discernable talent to be a fan of and I don't find being a gravy train rider an enviable talent.

But that is just one man's opinion, not like what I say means much in the grand scheme of things.

goldensamba
07-20-2007, 03:47 AM
I care about those things as well as fashion-

My favorite past times

1.Shopping
2.Eating Out @ Restaurants
3.Sex
4.Shopping
5.Traveling

Favorite Past Times

1. Racing motorcycles
2. Playing Football (soccer)
3. Designing clothes.

Things I care about (and wish everyone would)

1. Starving Children
2. Soldiers Fighting for no good reason
3. Our Democracy going to shit
4. Genocide in Darfur, Sudan
5. Our infatuation with talentless useless people who contribute nothing to society (well I guess they do...they contribute to the erosion of women's self esteem and body image)

If people who had the kind of pull they have all cared about things other than themselves and what label they have on the world ould be much better off.

Coroner
07-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Things I care about (and wish everyone would)

1. Starving Children
2. Soldiers Fighting for no good reason
3. Our Democracy going to shit
4. Genocide in Darfur, Sudan
5. Our infatuation with talentless useless people who contribute nothing to society (well I guess they do...they contribute to the erosion of women's self esteem and body image)

If people who had the kind of pull they have all cared about things other than themselves and what label they have on the world ould be much better off.

Finally!

Zodiac_2K99
07-20-2007, 07:53 AM

Get the girl a sammich. Honestly, Miss Starr... I'm more interested in you.

AllanahStarrNYC
07-20-2007, 10:26 AM
[quote=AllanahStarrNYC]

So you obviously walk around naked? It's simply ridiculous to claim that you don't care about the way you look, or what you wear- since we all know how important appearance is and how you present yourself to the world.

# 5 is quite comical as I think if you were to argue that argument. You might as well have blamed every fashion magazines, men's magazines, Hollywood, and Barbie for ruining the self esteem of girls.
But that argument is as valid as claiming that music, films, etc, cause violence- or that Harry Potter books promote witch craft.

I am glad you care about really important causes- you took what I had described which were hobbies, and then added your social and political concerms to make me appear shallow- nice try. I am certainly very conceened about many serious issues in the world, but it's also ok to love yourself, and treat yourself, and indulge yourself.

In any case- this is the best quote ever from the Devil WearsPrada that can be applied to anyone who claims not to care about what they look like or wear, or find fashion frivolous...

'This... 'stuff'? Oh... ok. I see, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select out, oh I don't know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean. You're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves St Laurent, wasn't it, who showed cerulean military jackets? And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of 8 different designers. Then it filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic casual corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and so it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room. From a pile of stuff'

chanel_girly
07-20-2007, 10:53 AM
[quote=AllanahStarrNYC]

So you obviously walk around naked? It's simply ridiculous to claim that you don't care about the way you look, or what you wear- since we all know how important appearance is and how you present yourself to the world.

# 5 is quite comical as I think if you were to argue that argument. You might as well have blamed every fashion magazines, men's magazines, Hollywood, and Barbie for ruining the self esteem of girls.
But that argument is as valid as claiming that music, films, etc, cause violence- or that Harry Potter books promote witch craft.

I am glad you care about really important causes- you took what I had described which were hobbies, and then added your social and political concerms to make me appear shallow- nice try. I am certainly very conceened about many serious issues in the world, but it's also ok to love yourself, and treat yourself, and indulge yourself.

In any case- this is the best quote ever from the Devil WearsPrada that can be applied to anyone who claims not to care about what they look like or wear, or find fashion frivolous...

'This... 'stuff'? Oh... ok. I see, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select out, oh I don't know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean. You're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves St Laurent, wasn't it, who showed cerulean military jackets? And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of 8 different designers. Then it filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic casual corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and so it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room. From a pile of stuff'

LOVES IT!!!!!!!! riiiiiiiight on the dot! lol

& i live for Victoria!!!
This is how she goes sking....u cant get any more glamour than this bitch!
http://us2.pixagogo.com/S5Lkle!-c2qPC4MDB9GWYbIyvabUo!M10dxZdJdJt!J5wXzugz211UKFdG xjwHasMWzjvzhvIe801ubKdB7FrSeI3lyV37WNfrGo9I2u9Aw9 54Hi8OvaRv8Q__/victoria_beckham_ski_big.jpg

mbf
07-20-2007, 11:27 AM
hmmmm cant wait so see the great hollywood starving battle between Terrie Hatcher and victoria Beckham aneroxia style!

arnie666
07-20-2007, 11:32 AM
She is a skinny no mark Essex dog who had she not married him would be a caller in a seaside bingo hall or working the streets. His only saving grace is at least he can play a bit of footy.The Yanks can have them both or better still stuff them into a side wall of a house.

Is it just me or can I see a bit of crack whore in her. ??

Jericho
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Stick a cock on her and watch the opinions change.

AllanahStarrNYC
07-20-2007, 02:39 PM
[quote=AllanahStarrNYC]

her job is just to look glamorous, shop

In other words, her job is to be completely useless. :D

Well let me be completely useless then.Because if all I had to do was just be glamorous every day and shop- then yes, call me USELESS.

There is nothing wrong with being a socialite.

goldensamba
07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Allanah, I think we just have to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with friends not believing in the same things. that's what makes the world a better place. As long as people are free to believe and do what they like we are all free to comment, opine and add our own 2 cents.

I see nothing wrong with the glamour aspect, I just tend to think too many go about it the wrong way. Since I live in LA and was born and raised down here I see a lot of this bullshit. I think my biggest problem is that these so called glamour queens are generally some of the crappiest human being walking the planet who think you and I both are beneath them. For me it boils down the this: If you are not a nice person and look down on others adding a designer label to your wardrobe won't change the fact that one is a douchebag.

I'm gonna leave the young women/girls self esteem issue alone. We will never agree on that one for sure!

I think we should captain HA opposite side HA debate teams. LOL

tsfarrah
07-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I have to say that I also LUUVV Victoria Beckham

this is just my view before anyone corrects me lol

she has stayed completley grounded personality wise

but with the kind of money she has who wouldent spend their time shopping lol

I know alot of people say since the spice girls she hasent done much

but she dosent need too

wether shes talented or not

her publicity machine is great and the brand SHE has created for her and her husband is amazing!

at least shes down to earth,funny and takes the piss out of herself

she knows shes really lucky to have what she has

and dosent take herself seriously

I cant stand celebs who believe thier own hype

they are only performers after all ,there are brilliant performers who dont have the success as those at the top but they are just as talented

ok i'm done now lol

mwah xx

Tomfurbs
07-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, it seems Posh Spice gets the HA thumbs up, and good on her.

Can't help thinking that five minutes in her company would be akin (yes akin) to watching paint dry, but then that is just my own prejudice.

Kind of like having a conversation with a supermodel, or watching 'Memoirs of a Geisha'. You spend so long mesmerized by what you are looking at that it takes you quite some time before you realise that nothing much is going on. Give me Beth Ditto any day. Now that girl IS funny.

Tomfurbs
07-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Well man, a mixed bag that leans in her favour?

Tomfurbs
07-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Did you read my whole post? It's not like I came out on her side.

Tomfurbs
07-20-2007, 11:28 PM
OK M77, you win. Have a cigar.

Alison Faraday
07-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Mmmmm, who'd have thought that one little girl could cause so much controversy!!

Read her book. Then substansiate your claims in full. Would I like to be her? Damn right I would! Do I think she has style? Damn right I do! Do I like her? Why of course I do. I'm just deeply jealous.

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/0718149912.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V40881410_.jpg