PDA

View Full Version : Danica finishes 3rd at Nashville - her best yet

tsafficianado
07-18-2007, 07:36 AM
the race at nashville superspeedway was monsooned out saturday night and moved to sunday afternoon and Danica Patrick finished 3rd, her best IRL finish yet. Her naysayers are wrong, wrong, wrong, she can and will win in an IRL race and she certainly can and might win the Indy 500.
i know nascar must be begging her to jump, but i hope she wins at Indy before she cashes in big time.
now, if she could just whip dan wheldon's ass everything would be perfect.

SarahG
08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
the race at nashville superspeedway was monsooned out saturday night and moved to sunday afternoon and Danica Patrick finished 3rd, her best IRL finish yet. Her naysayers are wrong, wrong, wrong, she can and will win in an IRL race and she certainly can and might win the Indy 500.
i know nascar must be begging her to jump, but i hope she wins at Indy before she cashes in big time.
now, if she could just whip dan wheldon's ass everything would be perfect.

That assumes Nascar doesn't pull the plug on the IRL first.

Most people don't realize how many tracks that the IRL uses which are owned and operated by Nascar's conglomerate, there have been rumors that if the IRL 'gets too big' Nascar will simply stop letting them use the tracks.

We have already seen Nascar buy out and close tracks just to limit competition and I don't see these rumors as being baseless.

As if American open wheel racing didn't have enough problems...

StaggerLee
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
Good for her, and i think she has a good chance this weekend. If she were a guy (ironic, huh?), there wouldnt be near the hype or the expectations. I really hope she doesn't go Nascar, she can do fine right where she is.