PDA

View Full Version : natural observations

dreamer
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
phew ---I am drunk again ---I did two funnels today ( I haven't done a beer funnel in like ten years!! -----WHAT DO THE FIRST 3 LETTERS IN FUNNEL SPELL?)

anyway --I witnessed something in broad daylight today --that I guess I feel worth sharing ---and something I prolly will never forget (maybe it's no big deal --but I thought/think it's really amazing/cool --////

my work buddy and I went to a lake in beautiful south/mid western CT ---New Fairfield ---drinking beer --christening his new FUNnel ---and being a goof ball --I said "look at that DUCK!! --it's the Lochness MONSTER --it's NELLIE!!!" ----

I swear to god ---we were both watching this bird -------and it dove under water............TWO minutes went by ---and the bird finally surfaced!!! ----TWO FUCKING MINUTES!!!!! ---and wow ---I swear ---the bird was up for air for like THREE seconds ---and it dove again ---THIS time ---the sucker was under for like THREE minutes ----!!!!! ----I dunno ----

I thought/think it was VERY crazy ----fucking awesome ----

heheh --thanks for reading ---

Tanuki
07-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Its probably a cormorant..

dreamer
07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
this bird held it's breath for like EVER!! ---I couldn't believe it!!! ---I was ready to jump in ---make sure it was okay down there ---Jesus!!!

LG
07-17-2007, 09:10 PM
hey dreamer!---I think---maybe--just maybe---i don't know---this is just a thought---just a thought but---maybe---you had, like---way--way---WAY---too much to drink?---///

like I said---just a thought---

tsntx
07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
doesnt say how long they can go under but going 20+feet deep im sure they appear to be under water... and you were wasted.

The legs of diving ducks are far back on their bodies for better diving, but they look unbalanced on land. They walk straight up, moving their short legs carefully so they don't fall. Divers include canvasbacks, redheads, scaup and ruddy ducks.

Divers often go 20 feet underwater to find food. Extra large, webbed feet give them great diving power. Divers eat more animals, such as insects and snails. As divers go underwater for food, they squeeze the air out of their feathers and kick with both feet at the same time for a bigger push.

LG
07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
doesnt say how long they can go under but going 20+feet deep im sure they appear to be under water... and you were wasted.

The legs of diving ducks are far back on their bodies for better diving, but they look unbalanced on land. They walk straight up, moving their short legs carefully so they don't fall. Divers include canvasbacks, redheads, scaup and ruddy ducks.

Divers often go 20 feet underwater to find food. Extra large, webbed feet give them great diving power. Divers eat more animals, such as insects and snails. As divers go underwater for food, they squeeze the air out of their feathers and kick with both feet at the same time for a bigger push.

Wow, Jen...I'm very impressed. The only thing I know about ducks is how to cook them.

dreamer
07-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Jen --and evryone else ----when I got to this beach ---I was not drunk ---I WATCHED this shit ---it wasn't a duck ---it some other type of water fowl ---I swear ---I was gonna start throwing rocks in the area ----and where we were --there was noooo way this bird was delusioning us ---it was abnormal!!! ------cuz as soon as we sat down I cracked a beer --basic bullshit stared (conversation) --and I noticed an odd looking bird --to our left of view ---that's when I laughed and said "IT'S THE LOCHNESS MONSTER --NELLIE" ---and we watched this bird go under ---I dunno ---this is why I am sharing my observation ---it was NUTS!!! --I dunno --whatever ----I am drunk now yeah ---but I was not drunk before I had my first beer of today ---

dreamer
07-18-2007, 12:17 AM
if I wasn't drunk --I would not even bother -------picture the scene -----

you arrive at a beach ---you take seat at a picnic table ---you smell the air --you smile --you look around ---you crack your first cruiser ---and there's a bird swimming towards the left of your vision ---say 10 o'clock -----there is nothing in the water ---but water ----actually ---factually ---the air was still ---and the water was calm --perfect sheet --almost -- ---and this fucking bird goes down!!! ----I SAW this!!! ---

Tanuki
07-18-2007, 01:53 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cormorant

Oli
07-18-2007, 04:31 AM
http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~petelat1/cormrant.jpg

Double crested cormorant, works well in both fresh and salt water around Ct.