PDA

View Full Version : What kind of car do you bring on the first date?

07-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Whatever car I want to bring. I don't let anyone influence my car buying and driving decisions except for the fine folks who work in the automakers marketing department.

Tomfurbs
07-16-2007, 03:29 AM
We take the bus.

hwbs
07-16-2007, 03:37 AM
PLAIN JANES :twisted: .....these are the type of silly hos i run into by where i live...they want to see your portfolio but aren't smart enough to read it , lol..I LUV ME SOME NYC WOMEN THOUGH !!!! they are a whole different story... :idea:

TJ347
07-16-2007, 05:55 AM
If you've got two or more cars, I'd say bring your worst one to the date. If she's put off by it, consider yourself lucky and move on. Unless you're the type that wants to finance somebody's lifestyle...

Quinn
07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
It's all about the Yugo.

-Quinn

Tomfurbs
07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Vauxhall Nova Hahahahahahaha

peggygee
07-16-2007, 08:04 AM
We take the bus.

Ooooh, you make me so moist. :wink:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/bus4x2.jpg

But seriously, it depends on where
we were going.

If we we going somplace where
parking was really difficult, I
wouldn't have any problem with
public transpo.

whatsupwithat
07-16-2007, 08:55 AM
PLAIN JANES :twisted: ...they want to see your portfolio but aren't smart enough to read it

So true.

mbf
07-16-2007, 09:23 AM
that will get u any chick :D

mbf
07-16-2007, 09:25 AM
for the rural folx

tonkatoy
07-16-2007, 04:36 PM
I took a girl out in a dump truck once. To clarify, she was rather petite, so the extra carrying capacity was not the consideration. Plus its a super nice dump truck.

dgtlmstry
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm a fan of the classics.

Get in biatch.....

youcancallmeclaire
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
I don't care what kind of car a guy drives, as long as it's clean. I'm talking Armorall on the dash and freshly waxed door sills. Meticulous.

Him being clean (and freshly waxed? haha) is important too.

07-16-2007, 09:01 PM
For those who didn't know, there is a video link in the original post.

Yeah I saw the video. A bunch of dumb broads who don't know if they're coming or going. What's that have to do with anything?

07-16-2007, 09:05 PM
What? You're sweating their answers? One thing about women. Just keep telling em how pretty they are and they'll get out and push the car in triple digit heat. :lol: ♦

BeardedOne
07-16-2007, 09:09 PM
The image below is a model similar to ones that I drove in the years betwixt 1977 and 1987. Oddly, I never had too much trouble going out on dates in them. :D

The one shown is a '67. Mine was a '65. I also had a similar one ('70) that had doubled as an ambulance and still had the gurney in the back. Also a '69 Landau and a hi-roof ambulance.

Damn, I miss those cars.

youcancallmeclaire
07-16-2007, 09:13 PM
The image below is a model similar to ones that I drove in the years betwixt 1977 and 1987. Oddly, I never had too much trouble going out on dates in them. :D

The one shown is a '67. Mine was a '65. I also had a similar one ('70) that had doubled as an ambulance and still had the gurney in the back. Also a '69 Landau and a hi-roof ambulance.

Damn, I miss those cars.

If you had a '69 coupe deville, I'd let you take me anywhere. :oops:

BeardedOne
07-16-2007, 09:17 PM
If you had a '69 coupe deville, I'd let you take me anywhere.

Awr, shux. :oops:

Sadly, I'm more the Fleetwood 75/Sayers & Scoville/Miller-Meteor kinda guy (But I agree that '69 was a great year for them all).

'Course at $3 a gallon and 9 MPG average, it's all moot anyway. :shrug

youcancallmeclaire
07-16-2007, 10:05 PM
If you had a '69 coupe deville, I'd let you take me anywhere.

Awr, shux. :oops:

Sadly, I'm more the Fleetwood 75/Sayers & Scoville/Miller-Meteor kinda guy (But I agree that '69 was a great year for them all).

'Course at $3 a gallon and 9 MPG average, it's all moot anyway. :shrug

I did an image search for the cars you mentioned and I found this:

http://www.andysautocenter.com/project_cars.php

Rust and primer... pretty!

It reminds me of Cuban cars.
I want to go there. I bet it would be a nice place to vacation if we weren't always threatening to kill eachother and whatnot.

Kabuki
07-16-2007, 10:18 PM
It's possible to fly to Cuba from Canada. I still think you need a passport to get into the country though :cry: Americans can't visit Cuba still. I heard Cuba is beautiful though, and they still have classic cars on the streets. I would love to roam through Cuba w/ my camera and sketchbook.

BeardedOne
07-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I did an image search for the cars you mentioned and I found this:

http://www.andysautocenter.com/project_cars.php

Rust and primer... pretty!

Ow! But thanx for the link. $6500 might be a bit high for the '58 limo, but I'll look into it. :)

That Andy has the nose of a Tucker Torpedo in his banner art sez that he has a true feel for the cars.

My limos (Two '66s, a '68, and a '77 were a bit more on the shiny side). :)

It's possible to fly to Cuba from Canada. I still think you need a passport to get into the country though Americans can't visit Cuba still.

Thay can, via Canadia or any other country that has positive or neutral relations with the island. A fellow where I work vacationed there about five years ago and sez it is a lovely, friendly country.

Perhaps just misunderstood. :shrug

whatsupwithat
07-16-2007, 11:52 PM

Damn, I miss those cars.

Harold?

/too obscure?
/my favorite film

Tomfurbs
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Is that Harold and Maude, whatsupwithat? great film, he drives a souped up hearse as I remember.

whatsupwithat
07-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Is that Harold and Maude, whatsupwithat? great film, he drives a souped up hearse as I remember.

That be it! Love that film. :)

BeardedOne
07-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Harold?

I was already on my third hearse before I saw Harold & Maude (Which had played daily at the Allston Cinema for more than two years).

The 1959 Cadillac Superior side-loader that he first drove has since been found and rescued. Sadly, the Jaguar (With Datsun station-wagon add-ons) suffered the fate that you see in the film. *Crunch!* :cry:

Apparently, to the masses, Harold & Maude is a required qualification before one owns (Or even sells - The late Gil Kaplan once told me that whenever the subject came up that he owned the local Miller dealership people would inevitably ask "Oh! So you were involved in the production of 'Harold & Maude'?") a hearse.

I always liked that Maude met Harold by picking him up in his own hearse after she'd just stolen it. :lol:

Tomfurbs
07-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah and she drives like a loon lol

Everlast
07-17-2007, 03:42 AM
I have a Corvette, and went to take a girl out, and it was raining so I took my old car, Cavalier, and she refused to go out when she found that I didn't drive the Corvette. We had something in common. We both liked the car more than each other.

Realgirls4me
07-17-2007, 04:10 AM
I'll never forget one New Year's Eve when I met some beautiful African-American woman on the dance floor at some big formal New Year's Eve event here, and (use your imagination here)... Anyway, after all the necking and dancing was over this woman, we walked across the street to a major hotel which had a party going on which she had been invited to after the New Year's Eve bash where I had met her. She introduced me to some recent law school graduate blonde friend she knew there and we started talking. The subject of what kind of car we each drove came up, and I told her I had just purchased a new entended cab Ranger. Fastforward to about an hour later and I overhear her tell another woman (most there were drinking quite a bit by then) that I drove a truck. That's all she said to her,"He drives a truck". Anyway, in that time, I had become seperated from the woman that brought me there and I had forgotten that I had placed my camera in her purse. My only connection to this woman with my camera was the blonde who was judging me to others by the type of vehicle I drove so I reluctantly stayed with her in hopes of reconnecting with the woman with my camera. Anyway, to make a long story short, as we were looking for the African-American woman who brought me there, she met another blonde in the elevator as we were going up another floor and promptly got into a cat fight over one looking weird at one another or some shit. She ended up with a big knot on her forehead the rest of the evening scolding me for not jumping in and stopping the fight ( I actually broke it up as it spilled into the hallway while other guys happily cheered them on), but yeilding no information on her friend who had my camera so she could keep me as company I now believe. Aaaah, another wild '80s New Year's Eve memory.

Moral of the story? Shallow, materialistic people eventually get their due in some form. In this case, it came quick. :)

Willie Escalade
07-18-2007, 04:31 AM
I'd roll any Cadillac: Hearse, ambulance, etc...but specifically a 1975 Coupe DeVille deElegance.

On the real, I'd just take my own car. It's fairly new, and it's clean. If the girl judges me on my ride, then we just may have a problem.

ottorocket
07-18-2007, 05:54 AM
When i owned my 348 Ferrari dates seemed to find me... Now that i sold it to buy another house and drive a german car, now mechanics just seem to find me.

justatransgirl
07-18-2007, 11:46 AM
I have a Corvette, and went to take a girl out, and it was raining so I took my old car, Cavalier, and she refused to go out when she found that I didn't drive the Corvette. We had something in common. We both liked the car more than each other.

The problem with Corvettes is that guys buy them because they think it will attract women. But most women are afraid of them. What they really attract is - guys who like Corvettes.

It's true. Have you ever been to a Corvette car show? Who's there? A bunch of married guys in their 40's. I rest my case.

Giggle,
TS Jamie

TJT
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I'd roll any Cadillac: Hearse, ambulance, etc...but specifically a 1975 Coupe DeVille deElegance.

On the real, I'd just take my own car. It's fairly new, and it's clean. If the girl judges me on my ride, then we just may have a problem.

A friend of mine had '57 Caddy hearse when we were in HS. Jet black with Krager mags all the way around. You could load 15 stoners in that thing. We used to roll to concerts in it. We'd open the doors and the smoke would pour out in big clouds.

I've always had trucks. It was too country for some girls but that filtered out the ones weren't worth fooling with,IMO.

hungBBCindc
09-06-2007, 11:53 AM
If you've got two or more cars, I'd say bring your worst one to the date. If she's put off by it, consider yourself lucky and move on. Unless you're the type that wants to finance somebody's lifestyle...

you have "two or more cars?" which is it, two or more? LOL

CORVETTEDUDE
09-10-2007, 03:08 AM
You bring the car you legally have the keys to...otherwise, your date could be cut short. A full tank of gas may be in order, as well! Never knoe where the date may go!!!