PDA

View Full Version : Summer Movies

sucka4chix
07-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I really don't do movies that much, but this summer has been kinda different for me. I've seen more movies this month than I probably saw all last year, and I'm looking forward to others. Just wanted to give my opinions on some:

Fantastic Four was not fantastic. Rather boring. I don't get into it from a comic point of view, but just a movie goer angle. I love Jessica Alba but she is miscast, as is that guy playing Mr. Fantastic,(hey Jon Stewart's available). Jessica looked weird with the blonde hair and blue blue eyes. Nothing really happens in this movie and the build up to the non climactic climax was miserable---- no thumbs. In fact makes you wanna give it the finger.

Transformers was a really good summer movie. You probably need to be a man (or a T/S) to enjoy this flick, and it helps if you watched the transformers on tv ( the 1st one not that crap they tried to bring back). It was funny, surprisingly so. Has a hot chick in Megan Fox. Oh yeah and big robots smashing and blowing up shit. The plot was what it was supposed to be, after all it's a movie based on toys made by Hasbro, and you got to see the dudes you loved watching everyday years ago as real life screen stars--- cool if you're a dude over 25. My only problem with this movie---why does the black robot have to buy the farm, LOL! Damn it! Even as robots we can't escape this!!! Oh, and they totally missed on the opportunity to inject some good music, a la the 1st Blade movie, but that woulda just been frosting--- 2 thumbs up!!

For me, however, the best movie thus far has been one of the least and most poorly marketed.

Live free or Die hard was an awesome movie. Bruce Willis will have to take his place atop the action star list. Even at his age, with his head totally shaved he is the baddest man out there. John McMclane is one guy I'd want on my side if things go wrong. He had some good kills in this movie---some kinda near the top, but not over the top. Timothy Olyphant was excellent as the bad guy, delivering pseudo funny lines as a power hungry super hacker. His girl Mai, played by Maggie Q is one bad ass bitch that could have had her own movie as a super villain--- if she hadn't got an "suv stuck up her ass". Oh, and Justin Long does a god job as Mac, er I mean Matt, the super nerd who grows some balls by the end of the movie. This is definitely what the summer is made for and you gotta go check it out--- 2 whole hands way up in the air and waving like I just don't care

dderek123
07-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I really don't do movies that much, but this summer has been kinda different for me. I've seen more movies this month than I probably saw all last year, and I'm looking forward to others. Just wanted to give my opinions on some:

Fantastic Four was not fantastic. Rather boring. I don't get into it from a comic point of view, but just a movie goer angle. I love Jessica Alba but she is miscast, as is that guy playing Mr. Fantastic,(hey Jon Stewart's available). Jessica looked weird with the blonde hair and blue blue eyes. Nothing really happens in this movie and the build up to the non climactic climax was miserable---- no thumbs. In fact makes you wanna give it the finger.

Transformers was a really good summer movie. You probably need to be a man (or a T/S) to enjoy this flick, and it helps if you watched the transformers on tv ( the 1st one not that crap they tried to bring back). It was funny, surprisingly so. Has a hot chick in Megan Fox. Oh yeah and big robots smashing and blowing up shit. The plot was what it was supposed to be, after all it's a movie based on toys made by Hasbro, and you got to see the dudes you loved watching everyday years ago as real life screen stars--- cool if you're a dude over 25. My only problem with this movie---why does the black robot have to buy the farm, LOL! Damn it! Even as robots we can't escape this!!! Oh, and they totally missed on the opportunity to inject some good music, a la the 1st Blade movie, but that woulda just been frosting--- 2 thumbs up!!

For me, however, the best movie thus far has been one of the least and most poorly marketed.

Live free or Die hard was an awesome movie. Bruce Willis will have to take his place atop the action star list. Even at his age, with his head totally shaved he is the baddest man out there. John McMclane is one guy I'd want on my side if things go wrong. He had some good kills in this movie---some kinda near the top, but not over the top. Timothy Olyphant was excellent as the bad guy, delivering pseudo funny lines as a power hungry super hacker. His girl Mai, played by Maggie Q is one bad ass bitch that could have had her own movie as a super villain--- if she hadn't got an "suv stuck up her ass". Oh, and Justin Long does a god job as Mac, er I mean Matt, the super nerd who grows some balls by the end of the movie. This is definitely what the summer is made for and you gotta go check it out--- 2 whole hands way up in the air and waving like I just don't care

I know this isn't a summer movie but go see The Departed if you haven't already.

sucka4chix
07-12-2007, 07:52 PM
I know this isn't a summer movie but go see The Departed if you haven't already.

I saw The Departed. It was wild! It really was about the departed, LOL. Great ensemble cast headed by Jack who is really a CLASSIC actor.

Mugai_hentaisha
07-13-2007, 02:06 AM
Well we agree on transformers and live free or die hard

the final two I will see this summer is Harry potter order of the phoenix and the Simpsons

yeah I am sappy and like fantasy movies as well as action so shoot me...........................................if you can :lol:

sucka4chix
07-13-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm looking forward to the new BOURNE movie. That should be cool!