PDA

View Full Version : u think arod's last contract was big...

hwbs
07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
scott boras was chatting with one of the guy's from WFAN...when asked if arod will get another quarter billion dollar contract ... he said nice try ....lets try half a billion next time around...i personally think hes full of shit..i think if he gets 500 million i will quit watching baseball .... :wink:

ezed
07-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Keep watching. He won't. 200 million with the Angels is my prediction. He wants out of NY. I hope to god Boston doesn't offer him shit. After signing him the Angels will also lose their chance for a pennant run, as all chemistry will die.

NYCe
07-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Yanks, A-Rod may begin negotiations
07/11/2007 9:25 PM ET
By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com

NEW YORK -- The first half of Alex Rodriguez's 2007 included a notable home run barrage and an All-Star selection. His second half may feature a contract extension.

Rodriguez's outstanding performance for the Yankees this year appears to have changed the organization's thinking when it comes to discussing contract issues in-season, according to reports on ESPN.com and SI.com.

In Spring Training, general manager Brian Cashman said that he did not anticipate discussing contracts in-season, a stance that now appears to be shifting. Cashman did not immediately respond to a telephone request for comment.

A major point of any possible negotiations would assuredly be handling the language in Rodriguez's current contract, which allows him to opt out after this season to become a free agent, forfeiting the final three years and approximately $81 million on a deal originally signed with the Texas Rangers.

Though Rodriguez is by far the Yankees' most notable potential departure, thanks to the opt-out clause, the Yankees also have All-Star catcher Jorge Posada, closer Mariano Rivera and manager Joe Torre among the personnel without contracts for the 2008 season.

The 31-year-old Rodriguez leads the big leagues with 30 home runs and 86 RBIs, and is batting .317 as his 42-43 Yankees prepare to return from the All-Star break on Thursday. When asked about his contract and the opt-out clause, Rodriguez has repeatedly said that he loves playing in New York and wants to stay.

Rodriguez, the American League's starting third baseman in Tuesday's Midsummer Classic, told reporters before the game that the time was not right to discuss his contract status, preferring to focus on the Yankees' efforts to regain ground in an attempt to secure a postseason berth.

Rodriguez went 1-for-3 with a stolen base in the AL's 5-4 victory at San Francisco's AT&T Park.