PDA

View Full Version : Entourage......................................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Shaking my head at them not casting a real transsexual for this episode tonight.

hondarobot
07-09-2007, 06:22 AM
The first two seasons were pretty cool, I haven't seen beyond that:

And in completely unrelated news:

OK, I'm not going to put any further effort into understanding the TS experience. I've survived all kinds of shit, I've actually died once, I've worked with TS girls for the last ten years. I've done enough. All this is known. No response is required. I've done enough.

Heh. Minor threadjack, carry on.

Oh, but, yah, it's a good show.

tsntx
07-09-2007, 08:09 AM
show sux from the first episode... how it became popular idk... in fact i dont think a lot of ppl like it but the producers are paying the right ppl to talk about it in us weekly and other crap news magazines / tv shows.... but this show sux!

odelay24
07-09-2007, 08:21 AM
show sux from the first episode... how it became popular idk... in fact i dont think a lot of ppl like it but the producers are paying the right ppl to talk about it in us weekly and other crap news magazines / tv shows.... but this show sux!

What don't you like about it?

I've always found it to be fairly funny. You could almost called it a guys version of Sex and the City.

tsntx
07-09-2007, 09:02 AM

I've always found it to be fairly funny. You could almost called it a guys version of Sex and the City.

i think thats what they were going for when making the show... theres too much to list about what i dont like... i guess the first thing that comes to mind is that its a bunch of has beens... i mean never were's.... actors playing ppl that are making it big in hollywood... can you name ANY movie that the lead douche made where he was the star and the movie did even decent at Box Office? nope... b/c there isnt one. so how can we beleive this guy to be a good up and coming star on the show when in reality he and everything he has been in has flopped? except the show... supposidly.

Mustard_Plug
07-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Well couldn't you say that about any actor with a show on HBO.

ILuvGurls
07-09-2007, 01:40 PM
HBO does that, takes little known actors and basically turns them into household names.

i mean sarah parker, james gandolfini weren't exactly well known.

but back on the sublect...have never really watched the show, must be something else on another channel???

hwbs
07-09-2007, 01:47 PM
its a pretty good show... i like dexter , weeds , and curb your enthusiasm way higher than those 21 minute episodes ,lol....

Mr_Choc69
07-11-2007, 04:15 AM
So what? They did not use a real TS - whats the big deal? Plenty of shows and movies have done the same thing (Nip Tuck, Transamerica etc etc). It really does not matter when getting the point across.

Rhine
07-11-2007, 04:17 AM
so you are all saying she wasn;t a tranny, I am so disappointed. I thought finally, a real tranny making it mainstream, or at least on HBO

Rod la Rod
07-11-2007, 04:28 AM
I think it does matter. There are plenty of talented actual TSs that could do well in the role.

It is only in the USA where they always have to cast either a GG or a dude in the role of a TS.

Even in "Soldiers Girl", they cast a male actor in the role of Calpernia Addams. She could have played the role herself.

Other countries, i.e. Mexico, Brazil- S. America, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Korea Etc. etc, etc . have actual TRANSSEXUALS who are accepted and successful as celebrities.

Felicia Katt
07-11-2007, 04:50 AM
here is a link to information about the actress

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1647994/bio

and her pic.

While I think it would have been great if they had used a TG actress, at least the actress is hot, does look the part, and they showed the one character being interested in her even after knowing her T.

FK

pscottyf
07-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Hey TSnTx,
yeah, what is HBO thinking using a full caste of actors without all of them having great previous acting roles before the Sopranos? I mean, were the regulars all marquee name? So are you telling me that the actors and actresses in Cheers had previous big name roles? and the cast of Seinfeld was full of big names other than Jerry? Yeah, like Michael Richards was a household name before he became Kramer. What does past acting history or experience have to do with present roles and performance? Oh please, the show is entertaining to some and maybe not all, what is so ummm...... "lame actors" about it other than you making it out like it is no good to you?

aprilian
07-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Shaking my head at them not casting a real transsexual for this episode tonight.

I think the reason they didn't use a TS actress is so that when they show a pixelated cock in the last scene it's a CG cock not a real one. I know HBO shows lots of boobs and cock in the "Late Night" shows but not much peener in the prime time ones.

odelay24
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM

i think thats what they were going for when making the show... theres too much to list about what i dont like... i guess the first thing that comes to mind is that its a bunch of has beens... i mean never were's.... actors playing ppl that are making it big in hollywood... can you name ANY movie that the lead douche made where he was the star and the movie did even decent at Box Office? nope... b/c there isnt one. so how can we beleive this guy to be a good up and coming star on the show when in reality he and everything he has been in has flopped? except the show... supposidly.

Tom Cruise was never a vampire in real life, but people seemed to like him in Interview with a Vampire.
I'm not sure how much experience John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson have as hitmen, either.
And, I know this might sound crazy, but Will Smith was pretty ok in Independence Day, even though we've never been invaded by aliens.
lol

He's an actor, that's just what they do.
However, there is a case of life imitating art in Entourage, with Kevin Dillon, that's about it though.

TrueBeauty TS
07-11-2007, 06:42 PM
I think it does matter. There are plenty of talented actual TSs that could do well in the role.

It is only in the USA where they always have to cast either a GG or a dude in the role of a TS.

Even in "Soldiers Girl", they cast a male actor in the role of Calpernia Addams. She could have played the role herself.

Other countries, i.e. Mexico, Brazil- S. America, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Korea Etc. etc, etc . have actual TRANSSEXUALS who are accepted and successful as celebrities.

I think there are a couple of different issues here:

First, there is a difference between trannys that are drama queens and trannys that do have real acting talent. Lots of people can be bad actors, but good actors are more difficult to come by. Especially a real TS actor. At least in the USA. As was said above, there are a few that have done some acting in other countries, like Bibi Anderson and Eva Robin's. They seem to have done some things although I have never seen their work to see how good they are.

Second, if a tranny looks and passes THAT WELL, then she probably doesn't want to be called out as a tranny on a national TV show. She's probably living stealth or kinda-stealth or just doesn't bring it up. Maybe she's trying to get work as a "normal" female actress. Being pigeoned holed as a tranny actress won't get you enough work to pay the bills.

tonkatoy
07-11-2007, 07:33 PM
what kinda disappointed me about HBO was their treatment of the subject of a ts girl. The mayor had no problem with her when he found out, but his involvement with her is being suggested as enough to bring him down politically. I guess that is the reality, but the expression on all the guys faces when they see her package, the look of disgust, plus the bouncer calling her he-she, its just another portrayal of a ts girl as a prop for a joke. HBO has really been a disappointment; Deadwood pretty much sucked, and John from Cincinnati is retarded. The people in their shows are so self centered and self absorbed that it is hard to feel any empathy for them or to care about them at all. I liked Sopranos ok, and I really enjoyed Band of Brothers, and there have been some other shows they did i liked as well.

TrueBeauty TS
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
what kinda disappointed me about HBO was their treatment of the subject of a ts girl. The mayor had no problem with her when he found out, but his involvement with her is being suggested as enough to bring him down politically. I guess that is the reality, but the expression on all the guys faces when they see her package, the look of disgust, plus the bouncer calling her he-she, its just another portrayal of a ts girl as a prop for a joke.

I don't get HBO so I didn't get to see the episode. If that's true, that is very disappointing. I HATE when they just use trannys as a joke. It's not even shocking anymore. Damn... even Ugly Betty has a better TS storyline and that show is a soap opera comedy. At least on Ugly Betty they are making the TS a real person (well... as real as a soap opera person can be, LOL) and at least she is a regular character.

If HBO had any balls, they'd make the TS character a regular and have the guys that were so "shocked" come around and see that she was a real person and not some freak show.

Tomfurbs
07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Stephanie Michelini, the girl in my avatar, was the star of Wild Side (2004), which is a quality french film which shows a real transwoman in a wholly human light, not taking any sides.

She's pre-op, and the equal of most serious GG actresses.

TrueBeauty TS
07-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Stephanie Michelini, the girl in my avatar, was the star of Wild Side (2004), which is a quality french film which shows a real transwoman in a wholly human light, not taking any sides.

She's pre-op, and the equal of most serious GG actresses.

Here is a better pic of her, IMO.

http://www.jometsonscott.co.uk/portraits/portraitsone09.htm

As far as I can tell, her acting career was a one shot thing. They don't list her as doing any other acting since 2005. Kinda like Jaye Davidson. Great for that one part, but not for anything else. (And don't even mention Stargate, LOL)

Tomfurbs
07-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Yeah that is a better pic, I still think she is a quality actress, they need to create more roles for transwomen IMO.

TrueBeauty TS
07-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Yeah that is a better pic, I still think she is a quality actress, they need to create more roles for transwomen IMO.

Oh, I'm not knocking her acting ability at all. I haven't seen the film. I'm just saying that I don't see her getting any more roles after that one.

I agree they need to have more Trans roles in films & tv.