PDA

View Full Version : Pop up preveiws of posts are annoying

biguy4tvtscd
07-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Is there any way to turn this craptacular feature off?

I'm talking about the little preview window of the post when you mouse over a thread title.

It's fucking annoying as all hell.

Odelay
07-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Considering there has been 2 threads with near unanimous praise of this new feature, it would appear that you're in a very small minority, dude.

But hey, maybe the owners of this board will be so overcome by your criticism that they'll hire a programmer to make this feature customizable via member account settings.

If you're not a complete simpleton, you might try using FireFox as your browser, load the GreaseMonkey extension, and write a script to disable the feature for your distinct own browsing pleasure. But I'm getting the vibe that this would be way beyond you.

P.S. You could simply turn off Javascript in your browser settings and the popups will go away but I don't recommend this for you. Inevitably you'll be in some other forum somewhere else and need Javascript for something you like and make some remark that includes the word "craptacular" about a feature you need but isn't working for you.

dgtlmstry
07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
LMFAO!!

DAZ
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I Think it sucks too

laoda8
07-06-2007, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't mind it if they could allow us to change the f**ing theme color. This thing is burning my eyes.

But it's so worth it.

laoda8
07-06-2007, 10:25 PM
edit : mumble grumble.

austinjohn1
07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
i didnt like the feature at first, i was like wtf is this shit, but than i started to like it :) makes it so i dont have to read a post if the person is an idiot or something :), well i gues i still read it sorta, but the pop up thing prevents me from having to go into it to view it.
so A+ forum mods :)

d
07-07-2007, 12:36 AM
lol at lurkers coming out the woodwork to complain...you barely post yet want beef about this board...fuck outta here

TomSelis
07-07-2007, 01:46 AM
lol at lurkers coming out the woodwork to complain...you barely post yet want beef about this board...fuck outta here

Best post of this thread!!

hwbs
07-07-2007, 06:12 AM
:popcorn i second that notion.....

tsntx
07-07-2007, 06:47 AM
well as a whole its great... but for SOME threads ITS FUCKING HORRID .... for instance this thread was great bc it was small and didnt take up my whole screen... hara's golden flower movie one is HORRIBLE as its SO HUGE you cant even click the link to open the thread half the time... can we at least get a smaller window size set for ALL threads vs. each one coming up different sizes?

mbf
07-07-2007, 07:44 AM

agreed so much!!! its give and take FUCKERS! if ya dont like it, leave it

oh and to the asses complaining bout the colors, set ur friggin screen colors to monochrome.... :roll:

besides: hey u like trannies, so that warrants some sacrifice - for example that pink background color

CORVETTEDUDE
07-07-2007, 07:57 AM

agreed so much!!! its give and take FUCKERS! if ya dont like it, leave it

oh and to the asses complaining bout the colors, set ur friggin screen colors to monochrome.... :roll:

besides: hey u like trannies, so that warrants some sacrifice - for example that pink background color

mbf...Fuck off, asshole!!! I have twice the posts you do and I don't like the pop-ups. They are just as annoying as you are, dickhead. A couple hundred posts, and already, you're a fuckin' authority! Like you, everybody has an opinion...ASSHOLE!!! Now, BACK THE FUCK OFF!!!

NYCe
07-07-2007, 08:45 AM
The colors are part of a much bigger scheme, I can't even begin to explain it. However, the pop-ups are a beta test.

Second-phase test of a new computer system or program in a live operating environment. Beta testing helps to identify flaws in the system prior to a full-scale introduction. The first test, conducted by the system developer, outside the production environment, is called the alpha test; the second is called the beta test and requires participation by the user. If results are not good, a third test, the gamma test, is conducted

Comments such as "Pop up preveiws(sp) of posts are annoying" aren't of much help. Tsntx's post however is very helpful and will be taken into account.

NYCe

Balcanoid
07-07-2007, 10:10 AM
yes, you could use a smaller font for pop-up message over thread name....personally I find it very usefull...

tsntx
07-07-2007, 02:18 PM
The colors are part of a much bigger scheme, I can't even begin to explain it. However, the pop-ups are a beta test.

Second-phase test of a new computer system or program in a live operating environment. Beta testing helps to identify flaws in the system prior to a full-scale introduction. The first test, conducted by the system developer, outside the production environment, is called the alpha test; the second is called the beta test and requires participation by the user. If results are not good, a third test, the gamma test, is conducted

Comments such as "Pop up preveiws(sp) of posts are annoying" aren't of much help. Tsntx's post however is very helpful and will be taken into account.

NYCe

:peanutbutter :claps fucking sweet! i should totally get a gold star! lol haha but just one ;)

tsntx
07-07-2007, 02:20 PM
yes, you could use a smaller font for pop-up message over thread name....personally I find it very usefull...

as do i... it saves me the trouble of having to open pointless threads such as "fuck my ass fuckahs" and in others its made me interested to read more and see what others have said on the topic. its a great idea. just has a few, fixable kinks to work out and i think everyone will like it more. -j

LG
07-07-2007, 02:53 PM
well as a whole its great... but for SOME threads ITS FUCKING HORRID .... for instance this thread was great bc it was small and didnt take up my whole screen... hara's golden flower movie one is HORRIBLE as its SO HUGE you cant even click the link to open the thread half the time... can we at least get a smaller window size set for ALL threads vs. each one coming up different sizes?

Agreed. JWBL made one new thread and used huge bold lettering, and although I agreed with everything he said and the subject matter warranted the use of big bold lettering, the pop-up preview of his thread took up half my screen and annoyed the shit out of me. So it wasn't JWBL's fault but it did make me feel that in some cases the pop-ups don't seem like a clever idea.

it saves me the trouble of having to open pointless threads such as "fuck my ass fuckahs" and in others its made me interested to read more and see what others have said on the topic. its a great idea. just has a few, fixable kinks to work out and i think everyone will like it more. -j

But it is useful in most cases because, like you say, it means we can avoid wasting our time opening threads we're not interested in.

On a different note, love the new avatar, Jen. ;)

Balcanoid
07-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Agreed. JWBL made one new thread and used huge bold lettering, and although I agreed with everything he said and the subject matter warranted the use of big bold lettering...

It seems that JWBL guy is yelling all the time ...he likes caps and bold stuff! :D

On a different note, love the new avatar, Jen.

co-sign..she seems like a darlin` on it..who knows, maybe she really is.. :shrug

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Come on..It's just but one thread get over it! LOL If it was that Horrible you wouldnt or couldnt? post on it eh? ;)

Besides I like the feature to show both its text and picture/attachments content before I decide wether to click it or not (If you cant click it, then leave it). :P

Ofcourse, opinions are like assholes everybody's got one!

~Kisses.

HTG

biguy4tvtscd
07-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Considering there has been 2 threads with near unanimous praise of this new feature, it would appear that you're in a very small minority, dude.
Not the first time I'd be in the minority. Do you point that out because you think the minority should just shut the fuck up and go away?

But hey, maybe the owners of this board will be so overcome by your criticism that they'll hire a programmer to make this feature customizable via member account settings.
Or maybe it already is, and someone could point out where that setting is found. Then again, they could just put on their smarmy fuck-face (like you did) and act like everyone knows every single feature available.

If you're not a complete simpleton, you might try using FireFox as your browser, load the GreaseMonkey extension, and write a script to disable the feature for your distinct own browsing pleasure. But I'm getting the vibe that this would be way beyond you.
Not beyond me at all. Already use firefox. But write a script for one rinky dink forum? Yeah, ok.

P.S. You could simply turn off Javascript in your browser settings and the popups will go away but I don't recommend this for you. Inevitably you'll be in some other forum somewhere else and need Javascript for something you like and make some remark that includes the word "craptacular" about a feature you need but isn't working for you.
Hence why I asked if it was a server-side setting. I never said ALL javascript was craptacular, just that one particular feature.

Dude, you've been here for 4 years longer than I have (Join date of 2003 vs. 2007), and have approximately 4 times as many posts as I do (469 vs. 125). Yet you're calling me a lurker?

Check your mirror moron.

NYCe
Ah, finally someone willing to discuss the issue...

My apologies, it seemed pretty clear. I don't like the pop up feature at all. Whether it's a small 2 word post, or a 3 page long novella, I don't like it, Overall, I wish it could be turned on or off by the user (similar to the user deciding whether or not to display avatars, signatures, etc...)

The reason I don't like it, is that I feel it is unnecessary, and the pop up annoying. I have a fast connection, therefore I'll just click on a thread based on the the title. If I don't like it, I click the back button. I neither need, nor require a "preview window" to decide whether or not to click on a thread.

Were I on a dial-up connection, then possibly I could see the benefit. But on a broadband connection, it's just overkill. It's pop ups for pop ups sake, no benefit added (of course, that's my opinion)