PDA

View Full Version : What I would look like if I were a girl/HA

Shadow Dragon
07-05-2007, 08:57 AM
I would seriously consider getting an operation if it werent for these 5 things

1) My body...

My voice is really deep. Even after months of practice, I cant get a feminin tone. Also, My hands are relatively large, I wear a size 12 shoe, and my shoulders are fairly broad. The only real thing I have going for me is my body has always been relatively slim.

2) The money

Very simple, moneys hard to come around for me.

3) I dont think I could stand up to my friends and family saying that I was going to have a gender change.

4) I want kids (adoption really isnt an option for me when it comes to having kids).

I heard that theres a form of operation to give a post-op a fully functional reproductive system, but I imagine that it would cost a pretty penny (which leads back to #2)

5) Im not into guys

Life sucks... :(

tsntx
07-05-2007, 09:32 AM

1) My body...

My voice is really deep. Even after months of practice, I cant get a feminin tone. Also, My hands are relatively large, I wear a size 12 shoe, and my shoulders are fairly broad. The only real thing I have going for me is my body has always been relatively slim.

2) The money

Very simple, moneys hard to come around for me.

3) I dont think I could stand up to my friends and family saying that I was going to have a gender change.

4) I want kids (adoption really isnt an option for me when it comes to having kids).

I heard that theres a form of operation to give a post-op a fully functional reproductive system, but I imagine that it would cost a pretty penny (which leads back to #2)

5) Im not into guys

Life sucks... :(

1. you just described 75% of the girls that do transition... if you think you shouldnt transition bc you dont look like the way some girls do in photographs online then youre not transitioning for the right reasons.

2. moneys hard for EVERYONE to come by ... if youre expecting $40k to just land in your lap its not going to happen... but if you really wanna transition then you need to find a way to earn and save and do lil by lil steps... rome wasnt built in a day and neither should you be.

3. eventually youll stop living your life according to others standards or fears of what those ppl might think and start living it for yourself... only you, yourself, has to deal w/ who you are... if they truely care about you they will support you or come around once they see youre serious.
9 outta 10 parents would rather see their child alive then miserable or dead.

4. you have *assuming* functioning male reproductive organs... your body is a walking baby factory... its far easier for you to produce children then it is for a woman... well i guess its easy either way.. but its not hard... theres ways to have children other then adopting... surrogate mothers, sperm freezing til the time is right, knocking up some random girl, etc etc list goes on...

5. lol have you been to "www.urnotalone.com" ??? neither are those women... since when did being a woman mean you have to like men? theres a few girls on here that dont like men, mystique, claire *i think* tsjamie and few others ... maybe you should PM them and get some advice on sites for other "trans-bians"

seriously you have options... you have a great face for being non-op... just smile a bit more sweetie.... no reason not to.

Shadow Dragon
07-05-2007, 09:48 AM
1. you just described 75% of the girls that do transition... if you think you shouldnt transition bc you dont look like the way some girls do in photographs online then youre not transitioning for the right reasons.

2. moneys hard for EVERYONE to come by ... if youre expecting $40k to just land in your lap its not going to happen... but if you really wanna transition then you need to find a way to earn and save and do lil by lil steps... rome wasnt built in a day and neither should you be.

3. eventually youll stop living your life according to others standards or fears of what those ppl might think and start living it for yourself... only you, yourself, has to deal w/ who you are... if they truely care about you they will support you or come around once they see youre serious.

4. you have *assuming* functioning male reproductive organs... your body is a walking baby factory... its far easier for you to produce children then it is for a woman... well i guess its easy either way.. but its not hard... theres ways to have children other then adopting... surrogate mothers, sperm freezing til the time is right, knocking up some random girl, etc etc list goes on...

5. lol have you been to "www.urnotalone.com" ??? neither are those women... since when did being a woman mean you have to like men? theres a few girls on here that dont like men, mystique, claire *i think* tsjamie and few others ... maybe you should PM them and get some advice on sites for other "trans-bians"

seriously you have options... you have a great face for being non-op... just smile a bit more sweetie.... no reason not to.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will probibly consider the op a few years later on down the road once I evaluate it more. Theres only one contradictory thing about my "delima" (that Im sure every post-op faces) is that I want kids (I also want a sex life as well) which requires what Im not into...a man 0.o

On a side note, that pic is a photoshop I did. The results are realistic, all that needs to be done is a nose job, possibly breaking and resuiting my jaw (I have an overbite anyway so I guess I could take out 2 with one stone :D), and have my cheeks fattened.

Edit: Also, I was always curious about this one. Is it possible to have ones adams apple minimized in a sense? Mines not overly huge but I was basically wondering because Ive never really heard of such an operation...

Odelay
07-05-2007, 09:54 AM
I know a guy who transitioned to being a PRE-op transsexual. I didn't know him at the time but I have it on absolute good authority (from mutual friends) that he was on hormones and had breast implant surgery. I first met him about 2 years after he re-transitioned back to male. And now I consider him a fairly good acquaintance for the last 3 years.

I don't know why I have never spoken with him but I thank you for your post because now I know for sure that the next time I run into him I'm going to speak with him more about his experience.

The reason I bring this up is twofold. One, he was married to a woman at the time he decided to be a transsexual. And he wanted to stay married. I don't think he was into guys. From what I've heard, he just wanted a deep, rich experience of what it was to be a woman beyond cross-dressing. Two, his face isn't half as feminine looking as yours. So I say, if you're really into this, then take tstnx's advice. Discern whether this is something you really want to do. If so, then find a way to make it happen.

tsntx
07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
its called a trachea shave and i had it done... if you have discovery health channel my show reairs often enough that you could see the op actually being done... basically they make an inch long incesion and shave it off w/ a blade and sew you back up w/ like 3 stitches... all it is is a piece of triangular cartlige...

as far as having kids ... again... all u gotta do is freeze your sperm now b4 hormones... its cheap... also you could start on hormones now w/o telling your family / friends and chalk your fem appearance to genetics... hormones smoothe rough edges they dont turn you into a supermodel so you wont stand out anymore then you already do as a ts or w/e you wanna call it

Shadow Dragon
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the info. Ive already had sperm storage run by me as an option and I feel kind of border line on that at the moment. The biggest thing that really concerns me though is my voice. As far as I know, theres no real way to change it or soften it other than by practice, which Ive done with little success...so Im really stumped on that one.

Just for kicks and giggles, this is what the pic orignally looked like before I shopped it.

tsntx
07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
http://www.genderlife.com/shop/transsexual_voice_feminization_video/ts_voice.htm

that should help w/ your fears about voice... plus just about every ts on this board it seems has a youtube video talking... that should make you feel better as well ;) lol ... as far as the original pic... youre good w/ photoshop i didnt realize certain things were photoshopped till i had the 2 to compare next to each other... all the changes you did are EASY to do and to fem them up even more is possible ... personally i like youre natural green eyes... if i had green eyes id have dark hair ... but i dont so i keep going back to blonde.... -j

peggygee
07-05-2007, 11:08 AM
As Jen pointed out, all the things that you have mentioned can be
dealt with.

The most difficult may be coming out to your family, and even that is
do-able.

eventually youll stop living your life according to others standards or fears of what those ppl might think and start living it for yourself... only you, yourself, has to deal w/ who you are... if they truely care about you they will support you or come around once they see youre serious.

By the by, you didn't mention your 'stats' (how old / weight / height, etc)
but judging just from your picture.....you're a contender.

At least facially, you've got a shot. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/thumbsup.gif

Good luck.

Shadow Dragon
07-05-2007, 04:57 PM
Well right now the biggest determining factor is the $$$ involved. To me, even $1000 is a lot. I unfortunately only work part time hours at $8 an hour thanks to stupid store policy. So if anyone can recommend any possible ways to get a decent hunk of change in my pocket for me to even start realistically start considering an operation would be welcomed with hugs and kisses from me...lol

Body wise, I dont know exactly if I could pull it off, but because Ive always been slim for my height, I guess its always possible

As for my "stats", Im 20 (turning 21 in sept), 6'1, and 165 lbs. Having said that, how much does the average post-op weigh? Im assuming more than a normal born girl correct?

peggygee
07-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Well right now the biggest determining factor is the $$$ involved. To me, even $1000 is a lot. I unfortunately only work part time hours at $8 an hour thanks to stupid store policy. So if anyone can recommend any possible ways to get a decent hunk of change in my pocket for me to even start realistically start considering an operation would be welcomed with hugs and kisses from me...lol

Body wise, I dont know exactly if I could pull it off, but because Ive always been slim for my height, I guess its always possible

As for my "stats", Im 20 (turning 21 in sept), 6'1, and 165 lbs. Having said that, how much does the average post-op weigh? Im assuming more than a normal born girl correct?

Well the good news is that you are contemplating your transition while you
are still fairly young and the ravages of testosterone haven't taken their
toll.

Transwomen like natal females fall in a wide range of heights and weights.
At 6' 1" your height shouldn't be a major hinderance to your passing, as
there are many caucasian women who are 6 feet or slightly taller.

If you were 6' 6", muscular frame, or Asian, or Latina, then the possibility
of your blending would diminish accordingly.

While I can fully empathize with your desire for the SRS, I feel that
there are a number of other equally compelling steps that need to be
taken in conjuction with your transition.

That you are seeking out the counsel of others that have gone before
you is a good thing, Peer counseling is great, and I would suggest that
you become a member of some trans related groups and forums run
by women for women, and seek additional advice.

Further, if at all possible, begin counselling with a therapist veresed in
GID matters. As your income is somewhat limited you should be able
to obtain that therapy either on a sliding scale basis or as free care at
your local hospital,or clinic. While with one of those facilities you may be
able to begin your HRT as well.

On the issue of money, you are going to need a better paying job,
or an additional one, or avail yourself of credit, or other creative ways of
financing your transition.

Here is a link to transition costs:

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=15156&highlight=transition+costs

There are a number of links to Thai, Brazilian, and non US, or European
surgeons. There are of course many wonderful plastic sugeons in the
US, but they will be priced accordingly.

Bottom line, if this is something that you are serious about, I would
suggest you set out on your goal.

Carpe diem, tempus fugit.

Seize the day, time flies. :wink:

youcancallmeclaire
07-05-2007, 09:14 PM

1) My body...

1. Your voice is going to take alot more than a few months. Try 24 hours a day for atleast a year, by then you should be sounding natural. It's one of those things that will just "click" oneday and you'll be like... "Wow. It's not as hard as I thought."

2. I can confirm that chicks still dig me. :) You just have to look in different places for dates than you looked before transition.
And I used to think I was only into girls, but hormones tend to ruin a person's perceptions about their sexuality over time.

3. You have pretty eyes.

4. My evil plan involves enrolling in college and abusing low-interest government loans, and as a bonus I get another education too.

I also only work part time, (7.15/hr. I rock.) and this is the only avenue for funding transition that I see being realistic. Unless you have amazing credit and can take out large unsecured personal loans no problem, college money is probably your best bet.

I've also seen girls charge themselves into a pit of debt by spreading srs costs over several credit cards... If this option were available to me, I'd probably do it. I don't need much money ~after~ surgery.

But if you're serious about transitioning... don't let ~anyone~ stop you. They'll try. Trust me. Most of them will get over it eventually though.

:)

~Claire

peggygee
07-05-2007, 09:44 PM

4. My evil plan involves enrolling in college and abusing low-interest government loans, and as a bonus I get another education too.

I also only work part time, (7.15/hr. I rock.) and this is the only avenue for funding transition that I see being realistic. Unless you have amazing credit and can take out large unsecured personal loans no problem, college money is probably your best bet.

I've also seen girls charge themselves into a pit of debt by spreading srs costs over several credit cards... If this option were available to me, I'd probably do it. I don't need much money ~after~ surgery.

But if you're serious about transitioning... don't let ~anyone~ stop you. They'll try. Trust me. Most of them will get over it eventually though.

:)

~Claire

That's a great plan for economic domination. 8)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/pinky_and_the_brain_l.jpg

You've just outlined the creative financing that I alluded to.

Be an Ameri-can, not an Ameri-can't.

Where there is the will, there is the way.

Along those lines have you considered
financing your cosmetic surgery?

I recently had 7 point lipo, financed the
whole thing, just sent out my monthly
payment today.

Care Credit
http://www.carecredit.com/practices/cosmetic/

Capital One
http://www.capitalonehealthcarefinance.com/cosmetic/

Doctors Say Yes
http://www.doctorssayyes.com/apply.jsp

Health One
http://healthone-financial.com/?
gad=CPq4odkCEgiP4iXQB7VpyBi28Yn7AyCqhesV

America Secured
http://www.americaoneunsecured.com/loans/PersonalLoanMenu.aspx

Odelay
07-05-2007, 09:57 PM

payment today.

If the lending industry were smart, they would finance a lot of TS cosmetic surgery. Such loans are probably much less risky than the 2nd & 3rd home mortgages they're currently gaga over, and losing their shorts on in the process, by the way.

Shadow Dragon
07-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the info peggygee. I definately need to look into a TG community because of the way I feel about letting friends and family know in the future. Even if I lose friends by telling them about possibly transitioning, it probibly wouldnt phase me that much because friends come and go day by day. Its the family that mostly bothers me. Because I was a military brat for most of my life, Ive had to uproot so many times that all I really have in terms of "family" is my Bro, Mom, and Dad. When I told my mother 3 years ago about wanting to transition, she just said that it was just a phase, but when I ellaborated on it and how I felt about it, she pulled out the suitcase and was about ready to walk out the door until I calmed her down. Since then I really havnt bothered mentioning it again to her or anyone for that matter. Im sure though that if I do transition that things will lighten up in the future, but its the inital shock that Im concerned about, as Im sure that every pre-op is.

At any rate, I need to decide on a possible new name...take my old name and feminize it to Brianna or take an alternative name that I really like, Kora. Both are appealing to me...I guess I just gotta flip a coin =P

peggygee
07-05-2007, 10:54 PM

payment today.

If the lending industry were smart, they would finance a lot of TS cosmetic surgery. Such loans are probably much less risky than the 2nd & 3rd home mortgages they're currently gaga over, and losing their shorts on in the process, by the way.

If a transwomen has credit, there would be nothing precluding her from
having any of the transition related surgeries.

Breast augmentation, FFS, tracheal shaves, etc, could all be performed
with a woman who is able to obtain the credit to do so.

The women's trans status is irrelevant to the matter, it is more a matter
of her credit worthiness. For example with http://www.doctorssayyes.com/land.php?

Cosmetic Surgery Procedures for as low as
$99 down and very low monthly payments.*
No one is turned down.

* Individual financing rates and monthly payments are determined by
credit score.

Pricing avalible here:
http://www.doctorssayyes.org/pricing.php

They list BA at $3999
If you are able to put money down, that will decrease your payments, or
a cash payment versus financing will also reduce costs.

All of my surgeries have been completed, including the SRS, going back
as far as 30 years. In the course of my transition I have utilized many
creative ways of obtaining my goal, including utilizing out of country
surgeons on more than one occasion.

But a number of my procedures have been done domestically with
top notch Park Avenue (New York) surgeons. One that comes to mind
though it is not trans related was a recent demabrasion, I financed that
through Care Credit which is a branch of the General Electric company.

peggygee
07-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info peggygee. I definately need to look into a TG community because of the way I feel about letting friends and family know in the future. Even if I lose friends by telling them about possibly transitioning, it probibly wouldnt phase me that much because friends come and go day by day. Its the family that mostly bothers me.

Because I was a military brat for most of my life, Ive had to uproot so many times that all I really have in terms of "family" is my Bro, Mom, and Dad. When I told my mother 3 years ago about wanting to transition, she just said that it was just a phase, but when I ellaborated on it and how I felt about it, she pulled out the suitcase and was about ready to walk out the door until I calmed her down. Since then I really havnt bothered mentioning it again to her or anyone for that matter. Im sure though that if I do transition that things will lighten up in the future, but its the inital shock that Im concerned about, as Im sure that every pre-op is.

At any rate, I need to decide on a possible new name...take my old name and feminize it to Brianna or take an alternative name that I really like, Kora. Both are appealing to me...I guess I just gotta flip a coin =P

You are most welcome, glad that I could be of help in some small way.

HA, can be a great resource, but many of the answers, assistance,
and support that you seek would be best found elsewhere.

Thus I would suggest that you utilize all avenues availible to you in
pursuit of your goal.

You're right about the name, that's a good first step, as is doing all the
preperation work that you are now doing.

Transitioning is an incredibley difficult thing to accomplish, most who set
out on the road do not make it to the end point. There will be many, many
hurdles to surmount.

If it is in your heart and soul to see this through to fruition, I would
strongly encourage you to attempt to do so.

Once again, good luck.

Peg....

youcancallmeclaire
07-05-2007, 11:13 PM
My credit is pretty bad. I think it's like 540.

I don't think I could get those types of loans.. :(

peggygee
07-05-2007, 11:37 PM
My credit is pretty bad. I think it's like 540.

I don't think I could get those types of loans.. :(

I would suggest that you apply. If your credit history / score is really
bad that would cause you to have to make a slightly larger down payment.

But with most of these surgeons / lenders you wouldn't be turned down.

Now if you want to finance open heart surgery, well then yeah, that could
be a problem. But a BA or a tracheal shave, is a relatively lost cost
procedure.

Your idea about diverting some of the money from your student loan was
a good idea. Working a second part / full time job for a finite time period
is an option.

I've seen some of your photography, there may be a way to market that
skill set.

Bottom line, in the furtherance of my transition I did what it took to bring
about the successful culmination of my goal.

Once you have the base completed, you are free to work on other parts
of your pyramid.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/thepyramid1.gif

tsntx
07-06-2007, 12:44 AM
bad credit is 10x better then no credit... youll have to put up more down payment but you wont get turned down. ;D

Shadow Dragon
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I finally found a little releif in the whole situation of the support issue. I told a co-worker whom I just recently befreinded what I was considering and he said that he was more than willing to support me. Ironically enough, after opening up in that general area, he returned the favor to make me feel less awkward by admitting hes gay. Also, I was planning on telling my EX my intent tonight when I got off work, but I unfortunately got off at 4am because of some asshat that called in as opposed to like 12am...so Ill talk to her about it tomorrow. Either way, Im glad that theres someone that I know personally thats willing to help me in any way possible within his power.

I think that the first step for me to start the transition is hormone treatment to stop the testosterone from further altering my body. Which leads me to ask, is it safe to buy androgens/estrogen from a trusted online vendor or is it better to go through the whole therapy deal to get a perscription? Because of the fact that moneys tight, I would prefer the cheaper way...but if I end up doing this, I would need to do it right. Either way, I still have time to weigh things out seeing as Im still young enough for a smooth transition. Im just glad the only thing I have to pay right now is car insurance =P

As for a name, I decided on Kora since its orignal ^^

youcancallmeclaire
07-07-2007, 02:16 AM
I finally found a little releif in the whole situation of the support issue. I told a co-worker whom I just recently befreinded what I was considering and he said that he was more than willing to support me. Ironically enough, after opening up in that general area, he returned the favor to make me feel less awkward by admitting hes gay. Also, I was planning on telling my EX my intent tonight when I got off work, but I unfortunately got off at 4am because of some asshat that called in as opposed to like 12am...so Ill talk to her about it tomorrow. Either way, Im glad that theres someone that I know personally thats willing to help me in any way possible within his power.

I think that the first step for me to start the transition is hormone treatment to stop the testosterone from further altering my body. Which leads me to ask, is it safe to buy androgens/estrogen from a trusted online vendor or is it better to go through the whole therapy deal to get a perscription? Because of the fact that moneys tight, I would prefer the cheaper way...but if I end up doing this, I would need to do it right. Either way, I still have time to weigh things out seeing as Im still young enough for a smooth transition. Im just glad the only thing I have to pay right now is car insurance =P

Personally, I don't know anyone who doesn't get their hormones online.
As far as I'm concerned, there are far more dangerous things you could be doing to yourself than taking spiro.

SarahG
07-07-2007, 02:24 AM
-deleted-

crayons
07-07-2007, 02:33 AM
tsntx pretty much nailed it but here is my 5 cents.

1)about your body: don't worry about it. have you seen grooby's websites? the girls range from hot to normal to what the hell is that? tgirls come in all ranges and remember: theres always plastic surgery.

2) The money: nobody has it, and everyone wants it. thats why there is porn. nobody does it because it's fun. it's not. they just need lots of money quick. with exceptions from tara emory have you seen how bad most porn of the porn nowadays is?

3) I dont think I could stand up to my friends and family saying that I was going to have a gender change. not a lot of people can. thats an issue you'd have to work out on your own.

4) about you wanting kids: you can still make babies before you get your dick and balls chopped off and tucked inside out to create a vagina. *snip snip*

5) Im not into guys. who is? except gay people ofcourse. men suck and they're hairy and the ones here like cocks. does that sound normal to you? :P

BrendaQG
07-07-2007, 05:19 AM
5) Im not into guys. who is? except gay people of course. men suck and they're hairy and the ones here like cocks. does that sound normal to you? :P

Speak for yourself Lesbo. I am into guys (and while in a certain cold clinical sense I suppose that is technically homosexual) I have never really considered myself to be "gay". Get it? Nahh, Of course you don't.

To the original poster. You have heard much optimistic advice. Well excuse me while I put on my pointy black hat and play the wicked bitch of the west.

It is true that you starting out at 20 is really not very old you should not expect to see the same or similar results to many of the people you see here. A few of whom had almost no parental oversight and could get away with taking hormones at a very young age.

It is true that voice is the hardest thing to get right for anyone. It is either too high or too low, or monotone. My honest advice is to just talk and not worry about it. The more tense you are the harder it will be to speak with a convincing voice. Just please do not go for a falsetto voice. ok.

The best advice I can give anyone starting out is to be realistic. No transsexual can be 100% passable ever. So when you do get clocked out there, and it happens to the most fishy of us. Don't feel bad.

Shadow Dragon
07-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have any recommendations for an online store and what product to use?

youcancallmeclaire
07-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for an online store and what product to use?

PM me.

tsntx
07-07-2007, 11:41 PM

As far as I'm concerned, there are far more dangerous things you could be doing to yourself than taking spiro.

i dont for 1. but i hope the ppl that you DO know getting them online have gone through a REAL doctor to see what exactly they need and get regular checkups... hormones can be a messy concoction to just add to your body w/o making sure youre doing it right and HEALTHY. -j

peggygee
07-08-2007, 01:36 AM

i dont for 1. but i hope the ppl that you DO know getting them online have gone through a REAL doctor to see what exactly they need and get regular checkups... hormones can be a messy concoction to just add to your body w/o making sure youre doing it right and HEALTHY. -j

I'd have to second that emotion.

I am under the care of endocrinologist, and while I don't have to see him
often, he is versed and knowledgeable in the administration of HRT, and
any complications that may arise from it.

I've been on HRT a very long time and am very familiar with the
proper dosages for me, but even 'I' don't do my own blood work. :smh

I have taken Premarin, which is a conjugated form
of estrogen, made from pregnant mare urine. Initially
I was on an oral dosage of 2.5mg twice a day.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/premarin100x66.jpg

This dosage would be supplemented with subcutaneous
injections of Estradiol (in the fatty tissue of the buttocks)

After a period of time I underwent an orchiectomy, at
which point I was able to decrease my dosages of Premarin
to 1.25mg twice a day. http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/Premarin1.jpg

Now post op, I administer Premarin vaginal cream
with a dosage of .625mg once a day.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/premarincream.jpg

Throughout my herstory, upon the advice of my
endocronologist I have employed a 3 week on, 1
week off approach to my estrogen administration.

I have been fortunate that I have not experienced any
liver problems or clotting issues.

While many women do engage in DIY HRT and purchase their hormones
online, I would strongly suggest that a woman just beginning HRT be
examined first, and then check in every 4 - 6 months or so to monitor
their endocrine levels to see if they are too high or too low, or if there
are any other issues that need to be addressed.

peggygee
07-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh, and I almost forgot Premarin while effective, is kinda old school.
also most girls supplement their HRT with an androgen blocker.

And the Premarin cream administered vaginally works quite well
for me, but what's got me pissed off is the way they have the
mares in corrals forced to urinate.

That ain't right. :angry

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/horsepmufarm1.jpg

drew_saber
07-08-2007, 04:17 AM

If your insurance will cover it, its not that bad to get from local pharmacies. It was costing me $20 a month under my insurance before I switched from an HMO to a PPO. Its more now but not by a significant amount.

THAT or you could always have your nuts taken out :wink:

youcancallmeclaire
07-08-2007, 05:15 AM

Most of them... no. Not everyone can afford the luxury of professional guidance.
To many... the serenity is worth the risk.

It is to me. I can't think of much that I wouldn't put on the line to achieve my goals.

SarahG
07-08-2007, 08:28 PM
-deleted-

peggygee
07-08-2007, 09:09 PM

Most of them... no. Not everyone can afford the luxury of professional guidance.

It is to me. I can't think of much that I wouldn't put on the line to achieve my goals.

If a woman, or any person for that matter has either low or no income,
they can go to their local hospital or clinic and apply for 'free care' or
'sliding scale' health coverage.

Different states and or hospitals will provide different degrees of care,
but care should be availible.

peggygee
07-08-2007, 09:15 PM

If your insurance will cover it, its not that bad to get from local pharmacies. It was costing me $20 a month under my insurance before I switched from an HMO to a PPO. Its more now but not by a significant amount.

THAT or you could always have your nuts taken out :wink:

Actually even if I were to get a bilaterial orchi, I'd still need at the least, estrogen to take (and debatibly progesterone depending which school of thought you use on that one). It would be cheaper I am sure, cutting the spiro out... decreasing the dosages of the rest- but honestly, if the tiny amount of money I spend every month on hrt now were too expensive for me- hrt would probably be one of the last problems on my mind.

An orchiechtomy, or surgical removal of the testes will cause testosterone
production to cease. Which may negatively impact the promotion of the
secondary male sex characteristics.

Spironolactone acts as an antiandrogen of testosterone. Spironolactone in
doses of 200–400 mg per day allows the practitioner to decrease
exogenous estrogen doses tophysiologic or “hormone replacement” levels
while still obtaining desired effects of breast development, feminization of
skin, and female fat distribution.

Spironolactone can usually be discontinued after sex reassignment surgery, or orchiechtomy.

However, HRT would still be needed to promote female physical
characteristics.

SarahG
07-08-2007, 09:19 PM
characteristics.

That is what I was eluding to in my post.

peggygee
07-08-2007, 09:25 PM
characteristics.

Oh no, I caught your drift.

We were in the same church,
different pew.

:wink:

SarahG
07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
characteristics.

Oh no, I caught your drift.

We were in the same church,
different pew.

:wink:

Ah ok, that makes sense. Your response made me wonder if I worded my post poorly and caused some short of confusion.

peggygee
07-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Ah ok, that makes sense. Your response made me wonder if I worded my post poorly and caused some short of confusion.

Nope, your response was spot on. We were
just posting at the same moment.

I think now everyone realizes it takes more
than just the orchi to get the feminine results
that we need.

An orchi will stop the 'mean and nasty'
testosterone from masulinizing us
further. And will also mean we don't need
to take as much Estrogen, which could
harm our livers, cause clotting, or other
side effects.

youcancallmeclaire
07-08-2007, 09:47 PM

Last time I tried to get free medical help, they assured me I wouldn't be charged for it but sure enough, a month later I got a bill that I couldn't afford to pay. :(

SarahG
07-08-2007, 09:50 PM
An orchi will stop the 'mean and nasty'
testosterone from masulinizing us
further. And will also mean we don't need
to take as much Estrogen, which could
harm our livers, cause clotting, or other
side effects.

Spiro also isn't the safest drug in the world either, as it can cause irregular heart beats which could result in death... I know there have been studies on spiro's relation to chemical imbalance generated hospitalizations (such as out of wack potassium levels)... but I believe that data, when it exists, was aimed at patients who don't use it for a Tblocker.

Found this on the yahoo DIY HRT group:

NEW YORK (AP) -- New research shows that soon after doctors started prescribing a drug for congestive heart failure more widely, the number of patients who died from a side effect increased.

The researchers say their findings illustrate what can happen when doctors apply drug-study results to their own patients. They suggest that some of the patients probably shouldn't have been given the heart failure drug and that doctors weren't checking for dangerous potassium buildup.

"I have no doubt that in the right patients and with careful monitoring that
this is still a good drug combination," said Dr. David N. Juurlink, one of the
Canadian researchers. "It's just when we prescribe it more widely and maybe we don't monitor patients quite as closely as we should, then that's where we get into trouble."

Juurlink and others believe the same thing is happening in the United States as in Canada where the study of the decades-old drug, spironolactone, was conducted.

A major study five years ago found that adding spironolactone to the standard treatments cut the death rate by 30 percent in people with serious heart failure.

The new study looked at what happened after that, when doctors put more patients on the medicine. It was done by the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, a health care research organization in Toronto, and is reported in Thursday's New England Journal of Medicine.

"It's a caution that all the safeguards that are in place in a controlled
clinical trial are not present out in practice," said Dr. Biff Palmer of the
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, who wrote a related journal article on preventing and treating high potassium.

About 5 million Americans have heart failure, which occurs when a weakened heart can't pump enough blood throughout the body, causing swelling and fluid to back up in the lungs.

Spironolactone, also known as Aldactone, helps the kidneys get rid of excess water and salt but can lead to potassium buildup in the blood. High levels can cause irregular heartbeats or sudden death.

The Canadian researchers examined whether the use of spironolactone had increased after the 1999 research, and what impact it was having on patients who take a standard ACE inhibitor and had been sick enough to be recently hospitalized. ACE inhibitors relax the blood vessels and lower blood pressure but can contribute to high potassium when combined with spironolactone. Researchers tracked records over seven years
The researchers tracked prescription and hospital records from 1994-2001 for about 1.3 million residents of the province of Ontario who were over 65.

"We found when the drug took off in mid-1999, so did rates of hospitalization for high potassium and deaths in hospital associated with that," said Juurlink.

Prescription rates for spironolactone increased fivefold, and hospitalizations and deaths from high potassium tripled. The number of heart patients hospitalized jumped from 4 to 11 per 1,000; deaths rose from 0.7 to 2 per 1,000.

In Ontario alone, researchers estimated that broader use of spironolactone
resulted in 73 additional hospital deaths and 560 more hospitalizations in 2001 than would have been expected.

They said that would correspond to about 4,200 more deaths from high potassium and 37,000 more hospitalizations a year in the United States when applied to patients with milder heart failure.

Researchers think doctors may have prescribed higher doses than needed or given the drug to patients with other ailments like diabetes and kidney problems that could put them at higher risk for high potassium. Palmer said doctors should ask about over-the-counter drugs, herbal remedies and foods that could contribute to potassium problems.

Dr. Willem Remme, who helped conduct the 1999 study, said he is glad that doctors are prescribing spironolactone but they need to pay attention to how it was used in the study.

"This reflects the lack of education of doctors, I think, and that's what
worries me most," said Remme, director of the Sticares Cardiovascular Research Institute in the Netherlands.

Worth adding: if potassium levels are a problem and you don't wanna change your diet, look into loop diuretics which can counter some of the side effects that spiro can generate.

peggygee
07-09-2007, 02:04 AM

Last time I tried to get free medical help, they assured me I wouldn't be charged for it but sure enough, a month later I got a bill that I couldn't afford to pay. :(

I just noticed where you live.

You may want to try Callen Lorde's Transgender Health Services

http://www.callen-lorde.org/services/trans.html

We are welcoming to all, regardless of sexual orientation or insurance coverage

Address
Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
356 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011

Departmental Telephone Directory
Medical Services (Adults)
Appointments: 271-7200
Prescription refills: 271-7200
Referrals: 271-7200

Billing/Patient Accounts 271-7253

Patient Billing Information

http://www.callen-lorde.org/payment.html

All Patients:
When you register for your first visit at the Center, you will be asked to present a form of personal identification and proof of address. In addition, if you are uninsured with no dependants and currently earn less than $24,500, you can present proof of/attest to your income to qualify for our sliding scale or other insurance programs. If you have insurance, please present your most recently issued card at each visit.

Uninsured/Self Pay Patients:
If you do not have health insurance and meet certain income, residency and/or medical requirements, we offer on-site financial screening, referral and enrollment assistance to obtain government-funded insurance programs, such as the Columbia Breast Health Partnership, Family Planning Benefit Program, Family/Child Health Plus, Medicaid, or ADAP Plus. If you do not qualify for these plans, we offer a 'sliding scale discount' based upon your documented income and family dependents. Should you qualify, your office visits and procedures will be billed at a discounted rate, subject to annual income re-verification. Please inquire about our fees prior to receiving care, so that you are prepared to pay for your medical, mental health, or dental services, as our charges increase according to the complexity or amount of services provided.

peggygee
07-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Spiro also isn't the safest drug in the world either, as it can cause irregular heart beats which could result in death... I know there have been studies on spiro's relation to chemical imbalance generated hospitalizations (such as out of wack potassium levels)... but I believe that data, when it exists, was aimed at patients who don't use it for a Tblocker.

Found this on the yahoo DIY HRT group:

NEW YORK (AP) -- New research shows that soon after doctors started prescribing a drug for congestive heart failure more widely, the number of patients who died from a side effect increased.....

Yeah, a lot can go wrong with DIY HRT, particularly if a woman has an
undiagnosed health issue.

Shadow Dragon
07-09-2007, 07:24 AM
this might sound stupid but is it possible to remove bone to reduce shoe size? 0.o

lol

SarahG
07-09-2007, 08:05 AM
this might sound stupid but is it possible to remove bone to reduce shoe size? 0.o

lol

Not really.

youcancallmeclaire
07-09-2007, 08:10 AM
I just noticed where you live.

I'm actually a couple hours away from NYC. I just put that as my location so people would know I was within driving distance. I'm probably closer to Philly in reality.

Shadow Dragon
07-09-2007, 08:13 AM

lol

Not really.

poo...unless i can manage to comfortably fit my feet into atleast a couple shoe sizes smaller, i do beleive im gonna have a hard time finding some womens 14s...

Shadow Dragon
07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
I have some slight concerns about learning how to speak like a female...like laughing, screaming, or just random miscelanious things .

Anyone have some tips and tricks for toning the vocal muscles to help it sound more feminin? Also, how does vocal surgery play out? Is it worth while?

Shadow Dragon
07-10-2007, 11:03 AM
I think I just found the trick. I got an audio tutorial that suggests resonating from the bottom of the voice box. Seems to work to an extent in terms of the tone. I think Im going to practice this for some time to see how it develops.