PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen "Curse of the Golden Flower"?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-05-2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.girl.com.au/img/curse_golden_flower1.jpg

http://www.sonyclassics.com/curseofthegoldenflower/

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/gallery/1168574/photo_94_hires.jpg

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/752/752213/curse-of-the-golden-flower-20061222090032458.jpg

http://en.xihalife.com/screensavers/thecurseofthegoldenflower/images/img1024_03.jpg

PREVIEW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRDv2XBl244

If you havent I highly suggest that you go rent this epic film! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

ToyBoy6669
07-05-2007, 06:27 AM
no I didn't see it yet, but its in my movie que over at blockbuster, looks good, and I keep hearing good things about it

Ecstatic
07-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Not yet, but I plan to. I love these Chinese epic movies, the good the bad and the ugly. Loved House of Flying Daggers, except that it should've ended 20 minutes before it did and I would have been much happier.

GroobySteven
07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Absolutely the most worthless, over the top, self-indulgent piece of shit.

I wrote my film school dissertation on the 5th generation of Chinese actors, if you want to see some quality Zhang Yimou films get Judou, Red Sorghum or Raise the Red Lantern which were far lusher, iconic and had social context than this over-blown junk made to satiate the minds of the mentally challenged.

Does that explain clearly enough how much I liked this film? :-)

seanchai

Tomfurbs
07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I seem to be the only person I know who prefers 'Hero' to 'House of Flying Daggers' or 'Curse of the Golden Flower'.

Thought it was really trippy

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-05-2007, 09:26 AM

I wrote my film school dissertation on the 5th generation of Chinese actors, if you want to see some quality Zhang Yimou films get Judou, Red Sorghum or Raise the Red Lantern which were far lusher, iconic and had social context than this over-blown junk made to satiate the minds of the mentally challenged.

seanchai

LOL How could I have guessed at the back of my head TG connoisseur Sean's now chinese movie expert is soon to post at this thread? LOL :lol:

I liked it. I liked the storyline and its twist. Not to mention, all the martial arts stunts/routine, set 's lavish decadence and cinematography. But was disappointed by the ending. ;)

Curse of the Golden Flower

In Theaters: December 21, 2006
On Video: March 27, 2007
Starring: Chow Yun-Fat
Gong Li
Jay Chou
Liu Ye
Li Man
Ni Dahong
Chen Jin
Director: Zhang Yimou
Genre: Action
Drama
Synopsis: China, Later Tang Dynasty, 10th Century.

On the eve of the Chong Yang Festival, golden flowers fill the Imperial Palace. The EMPEROR (Chow Yun Fat) returns unexpectedly with his second son, PRINCE JAI (Jay Chou). His pretext is to celebrate the holiday with his family, but given the chilled relations between the Emperor and the ailing EMPRESS (Gong Li), this seems disingenuous.

For many years, the Empress and CROWN PRINCE WAN (Liu Ye), her stepson, have had an illicit liaison. Feeling trapped, Prince Wan dreams of escaping the palace with his secret love CHAN (Li Man), the Imperial Doctor’s daughter.

Meanwhile, Prince Jai, the faithful son, grows worried over the Empress’s health and her obsession with golden chrysanthemums. Could she be headed down an ominous path?

The Emperor harbors equally clandestine plans; the IMPERIAL DOCTOR (Ni Dahong) is the only one privy to his machinations. When the Emperor senses a looming threat, he relocates the doctor’s family from the Palace to a remote area.

While they are en route, mysterious assassins attack them. Chan and her mother, JIANG SHI (Chen Jin) are forced back to the palace. Their return sets off a tumultuous sequence of dark surprises.

Amid the glamour and grandeur of the festival, ugly secrets are revealed. As the Imperial Family continues its elaborate charade in a palatial setting, thousands of golden armored warriors charge the palace. Who is behind this brutal rebellion? Where do Prince Jai’s loyalties lie? Between love and desire, is there a final winner?

Against a moonlit night, thousands of chrysanthemum blossoms are trampled as blood spills across the Imperial Palace.

Rating: R for violence
Box Office: $6.5 Million
Studio: Sony Pictures Classics

~Kisses.

HTG

tsntx
07-05-2007, 10:01 AM
how long do we have to wait for the "ladyboy" version of this to come out? "curse of the golden shower"

wakka wakka

ok ok hijack over.. bye!

Luna555
07-05-2007, 04:30 PM
I loved that movie!
I thought I would have never watched because I just wast interested in the story line...but wow the cinematography was beautiful!

Also I think it was better than House Of Flying Daggers...I have yet to see Hero but I will soon enough...

ptyseminole
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
I saw it, and have to admit that the scenery was great (much in the same line as Hero) but the movie itself was so-so, I though it was going to be much better. I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

tsluva
07-06-2007, 06:42 AM

seanchai

LOL How could I have guessed at the back of my head TG connoisseur Sean's now chinese movie expert is soon to post at this thread? LOL :lol:

I liked it. I liked the storyline and its twist. Not to mention, all the martial arts stunts/routine, set 's lavish decadence and cinematography. But was disappointed by the ending. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

????? ........what martial art stunts/routine ??
the previews will influence you to have the urge to see it
but don't suprised if you snore your way thru the rest of
the movie.

This film has very little to do with martial arts
i wasn't crazy about the weak & silly ending in
House of Flying Daggers but it didn't disappoint me
with the first half of martial arts .

Curse of the Flower was far more about drama, bad romance
and disinteresting conspiracy than a classic martials arts film.
And was a disappointment from beginning to end.
Again the previews will mislead you.