PDA

View Full Version : Retard at the job?

N.O.Kayla
07-04-2007, 10:10 PM
I recently moved back home to Louisiana. I have had a lil trouble adjusting to New Orleans post katrina. It is so boring over here at times. There is nothing really to do over here. Life is different than what it was before the storm. There are a lot more crackheads. Shopping is limited. Not every store has opened back up. The nearest walmart is 30 minutes away The nightlife scene over here is ok. So to say the least I have been bored and going stir crazy.So in an effort to save my sanity and my waistline I got myself a job. Not looking to do anything too complicated I became a hostess at a restaurant. I have now been employed for three months. It is a sweet and sour kind of deal. I have learned I can function in the real world and It is possible to be somewhat normal. The attention is overwhelming. The male attention is really quite flattering. Like in any restaurant we have a few distinctive homos Whom I love and get along very well with. So eventually in a hush hush kind of way Everyone knew I was transgendered. They were all still very polite and the attention never diminished. But I find that for the simplest of things they have to check up on me simple lil rotation stuff. They treat me like I am mentally defective but in a polite way. I find it humorous because some of these folks cant spell mental defective and here they are thinking that I am retarded. I am different not retarded is my point. I dont see how a few surgical enhancements affected my intelligence at all. I came into the situation with an open mind and learned that people think that trannies are mentally challenged. Which leaves me with 2 thoughts I still get a lot of sexual advances with them thinking I am retarded and all How many of you would fuck a retard? :lol: :lol: ( I just joking about that) but seriously does anyone else share this same view? Do people really perceive transgendered woman to be retarded?

07-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I've fucked retards. Shit, even worse, I talk to retards. Go look in the P & R forum if you don't believe me.

At least your working and judging by the fact that you shop at Walmart, you're a good person. But seriously, you should leave that dump of a city and come to where nanny will watch over you, California. That or Las Vegas, though nanny isn't as strong in Vegas.

traumatism
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
i do not percieve any to be retarded. perhaps they are just trying to be helpful. mind you are beautiful so perhaps they just wanna be able to get closer to you ;)
all i can suggest is ask them why they feel the need to keep doing so and tell them you feel uncomfortable with it

mbf
07-04-2007, 10:51 PM
So eventually in a hush hush kind of way Everyone knew I was transgendered. They were all still very polite and the attention never diminished. But I find that for the simplest of things they have to check up on me simple lil rotation stuff. They treat me like I am mentally defective but in a polite way. I find it humorous because some of these folks cant spell mental defective and here they are thinking that I am retarded. I am different not retarded is my point. I dont see how a few surgical enhancements affected my intelligence at all. I came into the situation with an open mind and learned that people think that trannies are mentally challenged. Which leaves me with 2 thoughts I still get a lot of sexual advances with them thinking I am retarded and all How many of you would fuck a retard? :lol: :lol: ( I just joking about that) but seriously does anyone else share this same view? Do people really perceive transgendered woman to be retarded?

maybe they got all their ideas what a trannie is like from foolish talk-shows like jerry springer. just keep on doing your job well N.O. Kayla and the situation will change. its maybe the novelty effect they experience, to see a tgirl IN THE FLESH

and yeah, ure avatar is pretty pretty;)

The Truth
07-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Do people really perceive transgendered woman to be retarded?

Only a few, but not because they are transgendered. They're simply retarded, period!

jamans
07-05-2007, 08:11 AM
how to fuck a retard (http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326577)

been saving that link for a while now

Legend
07-05-2007, 08:16 AM
I've fucked retards. Shit, even worse, I talk to retards. Go look in the P & R forum if you don't believe me.

At least your working and judging by the fact that you shop at Walmart, you're a good person. But seriously, you should leave that dump of a city and come to where nanny will watch over you, California. That or Las Vegas, though nanny isn't as strong in Vegas.

So because someone shops at walmart their a good person LOL yeah right.

qeuqheeg222
07-05-2007, 08:22 AM
you workin that place?deanies...dont worry about them bitches lookin at you funny-they dont understand and so they make fun..an them men fuck like dogs when no one is payin attention..fuck em..figuratively and literally...get your legit coins....ya herd me....

justatransgirl
07-05-2007, 08:29 AM
I've never experienced anyone acting like that toward me. I live totally out in the mainstream, I don't go flaunting it, but lots of people know I'm trans and nobody seems to care.

A lot of it is just the way women are treated. When I was about 6 months into my transition a couple of years ago a friend of mine came by to show off his new Corvette. Another guy friend was there and we all ended up out in the street looking at the car.

The guys were chatting away, like guys do, and essentially totally ignoring me. I wanted to add my 2 cents worth - seeing as how I have an AA DEGREE in automotive technology and can BUILD a car from scratch... Giggle.

But it suddenly occurred to me that they were treating me just like any other girl and everyone knows "girls don't know anything about cars..."

BTW Guys, if you are thinking of buying a Corvette to attract women. Don't. They don't attract women. They attract men who like Corvettes...

If you don't believe me take a look at who's at the next car show.

Giggle,
TS Jamie

lumberjack
07-05-2007, 08:49 AM
I don't believe that people think you are retarded, they have probably never encountered a transsexual before, which makes them uncomfortable, therefore they treat you differently.

Do you have regular customers at this restaurant? Do they treat you normally? I would hope they would get over that initial shock and be ok.

whatsupwithat
07-05-2007, 09:17 AM
It's just people thinking you're different when you're really not. As well as people not sure how to act in the situation. Celebrities and really beautiful people (like yourself) go through it all the time - people fawning or really not sure how to act or approach them.

tsntx
07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
i also work as a hostess at a popular downtown resturant/bar and i know what you mean... someones always looking to see if youre doing youre job etc etc... i think, in my situation and possibly yours, that they just really like you and enjoy being around you... they wanna keep you around so they are always constantly checking to make sure youre doing good either 1. to help you where you need it or 2. to do it for you to be nice... as a ts we tend to be suspicious of ppl and their actions towards us, and we should be, but sometimes its not always bc they dont like us, fear us, or hate us, and were just looking into something too hard.

peggygee
07-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I recently moved back home to Louisiana. I have had a lil trouble adjusting to New Orleans post katrina. It is so boring over here at times. There is nothing really to do over here. Life is different than what it was before the storm. There are a lot more crackheads. Shopping is limited. Not every store has opened back up. The nearest walmart is 30 minutes away The nightlife scene over here is ok. So to say the least I have been bored and going stir crazy.

So in an effort to save my sanity and my waistline I got myself a job. Not looking to do anything too complicated I became a hostess at a restaurant. I have now been employed for three months. It is a sweet and sour kind of deal. I have learned I can function in the real world and It is possible to be somewhat normal. The attention is overwhelming. The male attention is really quite flattering. Like in any restaurant we have a few distinctive homos Whom I love and get along very well with. So eventually in a hush hush kind of way Everyone knew I was transgendered.

They were all still very polite and the attention never diminished. But I find that for the simplest of things they have to check up on me simple lil rotation stuff. They treat me like I am mentally defective but in a polite way. I find it humorous because some of these folks cant spell mental defective and here they are thinking that I am retarded. I am different not retarded is my point. I dont see how a few surgical enhancements affected my intelligence at all.

I came into the situation with an open mind and learned that people think that trannies are mentally challenged. Which leaves me with 2 thoughts I still get a lot of sexual advances with them thinking I am retarded and all How many of you would fuck a retard? :lol: :lol: ( I just joking about that) but seriously does anyone else share this same view? Do people really perceive transgendered woman to be retarded?

From this post and your other posts, you strike me as a genuinely likable
person. Thus my take on it, is that you are the new girl and they are just
trying to help you do well.

I get a the sense that it may not really have much to do with your trans
status, they are merly being nice.

In most jobs, there is what I call the 'honeymoon period'. During that
period everyone likes us, and we like everyone and everything about
the job.

Even though it's been 3 months, I'd say give it another month or so,
and you've truly acclimated, that this feeling should pass over.

Lady Angela
07-05-2007, 12:03 PM
The vast majority of people in America know that transexual women are not stupid. Obviously only an idiot would believe that transitioning from male to female would reduce intelligence.

The usual objection to transexual women is that what we did by transitioning from male to female is "unatural" or not "religiously correct" or whatever.

However, more and more, people understand that we are women just like genetic women, just a different type of lady.
We can't get pregnant, so we are like barren genetic women, but many of us do have boyfriends or husbands, some of us are post-op and get our legal status changed to female, marry men, and even adopt children or are stepmoms to our boyfriends or husband's children, etc..
In many states it is possible for a post-op transexual lady to have her legal status changed to female with the same rights as genetic women.

Rild
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Louisiana is full of assholes. I've been trying to get out of here.

Balcanoid
07-05-2007, 12:17 PM
I agree with Peggy, basically, it`s the same situation wherever you go!
There`s alway be a people and the "people" around you, "people" are afraid to step into uncharted terrain, they need time to adopt and get use to something new...give them that time and they will be grateful later (I`m talking from my expirience)...
If that people already shows some acceptance for you at very begining it`s a good start after all...
Also, it`s very good you`ve found regular job to keep you in touch with surroundings and I think that you`ll find yourself much comfortable in that kind of society after "honeymoon" period then in larger cities...
At the end, I don`t think that people find you`re retarted or something like that, they just don`t know how to outbreak at you..that`s it.
btw, U`re cute...not only physical..:)

N.O.Kayla
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Thank you all for your posts everyone had a valid opinion. Your posts are very much appreciated.

Rod la Rod
07-08-2007, 12:45 AM
The fact that you are living and working openly in a legit job as a TS in Louisiana is an amazing accomplishment.

You go girl!

iloveshemales77
07-08-2007, 02:04 AM
people will try and pull you down to the lowest common denominator if you are perceived as being different. They're the retards, not you!

N.O.L.A. Man
07-30-2007, 11:04 PM
i dont think that way...but u say wal mart is 30 mins away? must be in metarie somewhere. i think they act that way because they dont understand you