PDA

View Full Version : ...

flabbybody
07-04-2007, 12:16 AM
there's really no controversy here:
best pizza in NYC, check that, best pizza on the planet is John's Pizzeria on 278 Bleeker off of 6th. One pie can feed 2 big guys, maybe 3 girls.
no individual slices are served. super thin crust (the only way pizza should ever be made) and only regular toppings. no weird shit like broccoli or endive. The only problem is you always have to wait to get in. like Yogi said, no one goes there 'cause it's too crowded

BeardedOne
07-04-2007, 12:35 AM
The only problem is you always have to wait to get in. like Yogi said, no one goes there 'cause it's too crowded

This is how I missed out on Pepe's in New Haven. I hate crowds and especially hate to wait if I'm the slightest bit hungry. :x

Would love to sample some good pies, though. I've made a note of John's on Bleeker. :)

Quinn
07-04-2007, 12:43 AM
there's really no controversy here:
best pizza in NYC, check that, best pizza on the planet is John's Pizzeria on 278 Bleeker off of 6th. One pie can feed 2 big guys, maybe 3 girls.
no individual slices are served. super thin crust (the only way pizza should ever be made) and only regular toppings. no weird shit like broccoli or endive. The only problem is you always have to wait to get in. like Yogi said, no one goes there 'cause it's too crowded

That really is some of the best pizza I have ever had. The worst pizza I've ever had was when I lived in Monterey, California or here in Georgia (it's all Pizza Hut style pizza).

-Quinn

whatislove
07-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Better than John's most of the time....

Totonno's http://www.totonnos.com/ 2 locations

Grimaldi's http://gonyc.about.com/cs/restaurants/gr/rr_grimaldis.htm

L&B Spumoni Garden excellent icee's and square pie

The best pizza ever... Di Fara Pizza I'm saving typing with the pasting, but from my own experience... when this guy dies... it's the end of an era...

New York Brooklyn Di Fara Pizza

Goaline /
adam /
eileenrusso/
maalock
"Pizza at Di Fara is so fresh and tasty. The dough is made with imported Italian flour, he uses not one but three cheeses (buffalo mozzarella, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grana Padana, and freshly-made sauce created from plum tomatoes and he grows himself. The parmagion cheese is straight from the cheese grater and the basil is straight from the vine. It's great pizza, luscious cheeses, dripping with olive oil, and if you are lucky dotted with artichokes. The pie is fantastic: all ingredients are fresh, crust is thin and juicy! The biggest problem is finding parking space." /
"The sauce, the crust, the toppings: ... Dom Demarco" uses "the freshest and finest ingredients. He imports mozzarella di buffala from his hometown in Italy, makes a bright sauce daily from a mixture of fresh and canned San Marzano tomatoes, and balances ratios of crust, cheese, and sauce perfectly." /
"Painstaking care and expertise by a master pizza maker. Fresh hand grated cheese, great sauce, thin crust for the regular slice and ....the Sicilian is also unbelievable! / "The only pizza parlor left in Brooklyn where one man does all the cooking, plus he is been doing it for over forty years!..."

hwbs
07-04-2007, 06:24 AM
soho has rays and that spot on spring , a block b4 mott...supposed to be first pizza place in nyc...