PDA

View Full Version : MODERATORS: Forum Recommendation

Vicki Richter
03-05-2005, 08:02 AM
I think something which would be cool is if the moderators would actually tell us when someone logs off and then comes back using another ID. For example, there are certain people here, who shall remain nameless, who I would suspect are the same people. It's bad enough for people to be hiding behind the Internet, but it's worse for them to hide behind 2-3 ID's posting stupid shit agreeing with themselves during a debate. Does this make sense?

Yeah I know there are ways around it... but to the average user that comes here, I doubt they would figure them out.

hondarobot
03-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Well, really, who cares if lamers post with different log-ons? This isn't the Halls Of Justice, or Parliment, or a meeting of the Trilateral Commision. It's people blabbing about whatever the hell they feel like blabbing about.

If someones flames from numerous identities, then that just widens his target area for the people who have the balls to flame back.

What's that Simpsons line:

"Chief, he just splashed me!"

"Well, you just splash him back, Lou!"

BTW, see ya in the fantasy baseball league, Vicki.

Spunky Foxes Rule!

Realgirls4me
03-05-2005, 09:03 AM
I think if a poster is utilizing several IDs for nefarious reasons, he or she should be exposed. What, are they so lacking in resourcefulness to the point that they can't find another way to exploit their dementias ? I belong to a forum where at least one poster uses an alter-ego ID, but he has made it known it is him, and he does it purely to entertain us, and never has he used the faux ID to berate or disparage anyone. I've seen the accusations flung around in here as to who might be doing it, so I can't be sure who it is Vicki is referring to, but I do agree with her in that they should be outed if they're playing junior high games by attacking those they don't care for. How cowardly of a few if it is going on in here.

That's my two cents on it.

hondarobot
03-05-2005, 09:22 AM
Sure, you can take up arms and oppose this wave of internet imposter clones, but at what cost?

In other words: Who Fricken Cares!?!

Losers laying out flames from numerous identities is a part of online life, always will be. Attempting to regulate boards always fails, and attempts to do so always come back and bites the initiator in the ass.

All you can do is match flame with flame.

"You have nothing to lose but your chains! "

(previous quote courtesy of Karl Marx, by way of Jameson Whiskey, not to mention a shout-out via Red Hook Ale)

thanos
03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
We already do this.

*sticks tongue out at Vicki*

NYCe
03-05-2005, 04:12 PM
We already do this.

*sticks tongue out at Vicki*Actually we don't. If we did, everyone would know I'm peaches, MegabodyNYC, giadarling, and magic9inch

hillbilly
03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
um...who cares!

dam if someone is that motivated then they are probably motivated to learn to block their IP.

hwbs
03-05-2005, 06:22 PM
so that is why gia never gets my private messages, lol :)