PDA

View Full Version : People who post without reading piss me off!

LG
06-28-2007, 02:56 PM
So someone posts a new topic (kinda like this one) and maybe asks a question or makes a statement. And then somebody replies to him. Then, two posts later, some other guy gives the exact same response, ignoring the fact that the question has already been answered or that the point has already been made. For fuck's sake!

And so, a few posts later, someone else makes that same point again. Instead of considering the fact that a specific point has already been made, this person chooses to ignore that point where he or she could simply say "I agree with -------" and move the conversation on. So instead of a debate, you end up with what appears to be a bunch of talking heads endlessly spouting the same rhetoric. For fuck's sake!

Also, in some cases people will read only the first page or the last page of a long thread, ignoring what was said in the intermediate page or 20 pages or whatever and repeat things that have already been covered. For fuck's sake!

It's happened many times before and it'll happen again. People just don't bother to read a thread properly and engage in a conversation. They are more interested in saying what they think without any concern as to whether it's been said several times before and covered to the point of exhaustion. To this, also, I say: for fuck's sake!

This is as bad as trying to bump up one's post count by simply adding the word "LOL" or a smiley to every single new thread while offering no actual words on the subject. It is almost as bad, in fact, as making 5 new threads on the same topic after each one in turn goes unanswered (and that has actually been done- for fuck's sake). It is almost as bad as not bothering to check if a subject has been done to death before creating a new thread. To all those who ask "Am I gay?", I say "Who gives a shit? Shut the fuck up! For fuck's sake!"

Maybe you agree, perhaps you disagree. Maybe you've been guilty of all this and perhaps, on occasion I have too. When I catch myself doing it, I am angry at myself, and pull my hair out (which takes time, because I hate going for haircuts and my hair expands to fill the space available- for fuck's sake!).

Either way, I hate trying to keep up with a thread when I have to go through several pages of repetition and smileys just to get to the point.

(By the way, as you will have noticed, I am very much "into" using the expression "for fuck's sake" today. It is my favourite expression for today. You may be getting tired of it already. If so, you will understand how I feel when I have to wade through 20 pages of repetitive bullshit each time I want to understand what the fuck is going on. For fuck's sake!)

In any case, I love you all. Well, I like most of you, anyway.

Jericho
06-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Shave yer head.
Buy a wig.
Take a pill.
Problem solved...For fucks sake! :P

[dam, i shoulda just put "LOL"!] :wink:

LG
06-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Shave yer head.
Buy a wig.
Take a pill.
Problem solved...For fucks sake! :P

[dam, i shoulda just put "LOL"!] :wink:

:lol: I'm having a haircut on Friday...because my hair is so big I can't fit through doorways...

But you do agree with me, don't you? I mean you've seen it too. Isn't it time consuming to have go through all the crap just to read a post where someone actually says something new rather than something that's been said over and over and over again?

At least we don't have to wade through a squillion new polls a day anymore- maybe somebody took a hint. I mean, what was that, for fuck's sake?

Jericho
06-28-2007, 03:54 PM
But you do agree with me, don't you? I mean you've seen it too. Isn't it time consuming to have go through all the crap just to read a post where someone actually says something new rather than something that's been said over and over and over again?

Yeah, i know what you mean.
It's tiresome sometimes, but, what can you do....?

CORVETTEDUDE
06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
LG...It happens, what is a professional poster to do??? Usually, if I come across a thread that's a stupidity redo, or an irrellavent post within a thread...I really start fuckin' with them. I can tell you this, after 26 years in the Navy and 11+ years in the car business, 90% of the human race are a bunch of moron sheep ( regardless of formal education level). Just a bunch of non-observant, bull-in-a-china shop, stupid, mother fuckin' assholes!!! :frustrated

There...Now you know how I really feel! :2cent

Corvettedude

The Truth
06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
LG, you could shave your head, purchase a wig, take some medication. Problems solved...for crying out loud!
I hate it when people ignore previous posts or say the same shit. That's just so rude and stupid.

NickTheQuick
06-28-2007, 05:12 PM
LOL

trish
06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey, it happens. What can ya do? Shave your head, take a pill, join a cult. Besides the obvious explanation (people just aren't bothering to read before they respond) another possibility is that even though some people have no new point to make, they would like to confirm someone else's point...stand behind it in solidarity as it were...adding to it's number of supporters. Such a poster also gains some personal satisfaction from having said something in support of their own point of view, even though if it was already expressed.

Ironhead
06-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Looks like you missed a "For fuck's sake!" there :lol: In all seriousness, though, I agree with everything you said and enjoyed the way you said it.

tonkatoy
06-28-2007, 05:55 PM
LG
I agree with your post, although I think you could have used term 'for fucks sake' a few more times. I think you missed an opportunity to use it when you were telling us how you loved or liked all or most of us.

But seriously, I am in acquiescence of what you said, and I was delighted by the manner in which you said it.

8)

TomSelis
06-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I look at it like someone co-signing what you said.

traumatism
06-28-2007, 08:50 PM
ok i have checked the other posts before i write all this. i dont think it is always the case of not reading the post. it can also possibly be because more than one person is writing a reply at the same time and then posting a couple of seconds after eachother

Quinn
06-28-2007, 09:30 PM
I would like to respond to this thread, but I really haven't read it.

-Quinn

youcancallmeclaire
06-28-2007, 09:36 PM
I look at it like someone co-signing what you said.

<hijack>
I love your avatar... po-ta-toes! :lol:
I recently signed up for a new myspace and my confirmation email said "Here is your password. Keep it secret. Keep it safe."
^_^
I'm a dork.
</hijack>

I betcha hate when people hijack threads too, right? sorry. :(

BlackAdder
06-28-2007, 10:16 PM
sooo ummm...you havent answered whether im gay or not????

LG
06-29-2007, 12:24 AM
:roll: Everybody's a joker, for fuck's sake! :lol:

Thanks for the responses though. I'm glad you're beginning to see my way. Even if we don't change the world, at least we can give it a really bad headache.

And BlackAdder, I don't know, I'm not a shrink. I'm just a tired, overworked consultant with occasional anger management issues.

mbf
06-29-2007, 12:55 AM
sooo ummm...you havent answered whether im gay or not????

i ll be happy to do it for ya. yeah, youre gay. just check ur avatar. havent seen anything gay-er recently

Nautica
06-29-2007, 12:58 AM
O.M.G.

You used the "F" word! I'm sending my ts friend, in the vid below, after you. She loves cream! Hahaha...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wYX_zhlTDr8

On a different note...

I would, however, like to know your thoughts on posting to make these type of comments:

I'm not even going to comment. ;or; I'm staying out of this one.

Hahaha... For F's Sake... Hahaha... Omg... Hahaha...

Nautica

mbf
06-29-2007, 12:59 AM
yeah, u know what pisses me off big time?

people who quote whole damn paragraphs just to come up with a three word reply. yet they will again reply and guess what, they quote the whole shit again.

but things will not change so i have to live with it.

The Truth
06-29-2007, 02:45 AM
If everyone would just say and do the things we want them to say and do, we would live in a perfect world. But it would be boring as hell. What and who are we going to be pissed-off at?

Jennifer_English
06-29-2007, 03:12 AM
LOL - :wink:

muhmuh
06-29-2007, 03:24 AM
maybe you should talk to this guy you two might come to an agreement and even if you dont you could always make him feel your wit and take the piss out of him
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=22205

LG
06-29-2007, 03:42 AM
maybe you should talk to this guy you two might come to an agreement and even if you dont you could always make him feel your wit and take the piss out of him
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=22205

An agreement? :what

Actually, I've seen that thread and stayed out for a reason. The reason being that it grosses me out. "The sweet yellow stream of wonder"? What the fuck? I mean, for fuck's sake!

Do you think I should give him a taste of my wit?

muhmuh
06-29-2007, 04:43 AM
Do you think I should give him a taste of my wit?

absolutely... but pray to the gods that thats the only thing of you hell want a taste of

odelay24
06-29-2007, 07:11 AM
So someone posts a new topic (kinda like this one) and maybe asks a question or makes a statement. And then somebody replies to him. Then, two posts later, some other guy gives the exact same response, ignoring the fact that the question has already been answered or that the point has already been made. For fuck's sake!

And so, a few posts later, someone else makes that same point again. Instead of considering the fact that a specific point has already been made, this person chooses to ignore that point where he or she could simply say "I agree with -------" and move the conversation on. So instead of a debate, you end up with what appears to be a bunch of talking heads endlessly spouting the same rhetoric. For fuck's sake!

Also, in some cases people will read only the first page or the last page of a long thread, ignoring what was said in the intermediate page or 20 pages or whatever and repeat things that have already been covered. For fuck's sake!

It's happened many times before and it'll happen again. People just don't bother to read a thread properly and engage in a conversation. They are more interested in saying what they think without any concern as to whether it's been said several times before and covered to the point of exhaustion. To this, also, I say: for fuck's sake!

This is as bad as trying to bump up one's post count by simply adding the word "LOL" or a smiley to every single new thread while offering no actual words on the subject. It is almost as bad, in fact, as making 5 new threads on the same topic after each one in turn goes unanswered (and that has actually been done- for fuck's sake). It is almost as bad as not bothering to check if a subject has been done to death before creating a new thread. To all those who ask "Am I gay?", I say "Who gives a shit? Shut the fuck up! For fuck's sake!"

Maybe you agree, perhaps you disagree. Maybe you've been guilty of all this and perhaps, on occasion I have too. When I catch myself doing it, I am angry at myself, and pull my hair out (which takes time, because I hate going for haircuts and my hair expands to fill the space available- for fuck's sake!).

Either way, I hate trying to keep up with a thread when I have to go through several pages of repetition and smileys just to get to the point.

(By the way, as you will have noticed, I am very much "into" using the expression "for fuck's sake" today. It is my favourite expression for today. You may be getting tired of it already. If so, you will understand how I feel when I have to wade through 20 pages of repetitive bullshit each time I want to understand what the fuck is going on. For fuck's sake!)

Haha, I made it through about for replies before posting this.

Seriously, not everyone has the time you do; but are still desperate to make sure that you hear there opinion.
I mean, I don't have time to read 5 pages worth of mostly shit, but I still want you to know what I have to say, in case it sways you on the subject. And if someones already said it, meh, it only took you 5 seconds to read, and if its 5 pages long or thereabouts its probably a fairly active thread anyway, so your not taking time out to just read my single post.

If everyone would just say and do the things we want them to say and do, we would live in a perfect world. But it would be boring as hell. What and who are we going to be pissed-off at?

I tell you what. Everyone can do what I want and then you can just be mad at each other.

LG
06-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Haha, I made it through about for replies before posting this.

Seriously, not everyone has the time you do; but are still desperate to make sure that you hear there opinion.
I mean, I don't have time to read 5 pages worth of mostly shit, but I still want you to know what I have to say, in case it sways you on the subject. And if someones already said it, meh, it only took you 5 seconds to read, and if its 5 pages long or thereabouts its probably a fairly active thread anyway, so your not taking time out to just read my single post.

Who says I have the time. I posted my rant precisely because I don't have the time to go through a jillion posts. Then again, I'm not online all the time unlike some people and when I come here and find a thread has grown to 4,5 pages I will either read them all- because I can't form an opinion without doing so (hey, I'm a researcher/consultant- I never give my opinion if I don't know all the facts) or I just give up.

Quinn
06-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I Still haven't read this; otherwise, I would respond to it.

-Quinn

Jericho
06-29-2007, 10:31 PM
NO...I'M SPARTICUS!

Desmodus_66
06-30-2007, 12:43 AM
yeahhhhhh this is gonna bump me up really good

LG
06-30-2007, 01:31 AM
yeahhhhhh this is gonna bump me up really good

Since we're way off topic already, Desmodus, I'm just curious as to whether you've taken your nick from Desmodus rotundus, the common vampire bat.

http://zmmu.msu.ru/bats/science/scipics/desmod.jpg

PS: Don't mind me, I'm an amateur zoologist...