PDA

View Full Version : Which Topic/Topics Would You Like To See Obliterated????

Nautica
06-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Which topic/topics are you so sick and tired of seeing, that, you don't, even, click on it/them?

...Just for fun guys and gals... Lmfao...

Nautica :roll:

Ecstatic
06-28-2007, 01:41 AM
The usual suspects: Am I gay? who's got the biggest.... and flame wars in general.

LG
06-28-2007, 01:46 AM
There's bunch of threads in the Politics forum right now that I could frankly do without.

On Ecstatic's point- we had one poster making 5 new threads not on who has the biggest, but on who has the smallest. I dare say that that's just as bad.

BeardedOne
06-28-2007, 01:48 AM
The usual suspects: Am I gay? who's got the biggest.... and flame wars in general.

"Am I gay" is a definite.

"Who's the biggest?" I'll give a pass 'cuz it usually has some cool pix. :D

Any flame war. That's also a definite. If I wanted to watch people poke each other in the eye I'd just go to work or the shopping mall. :roll:

Any "What I Did Today" thread, unless it is "WHO I did today". That's different. :wink: [/i]

mbf
06-28-2007, 01:53 AM
NONE.

i am all free speech. if the topic sucks i dont look at it. if somebody likes to make a complete and utter foll of him/herself by starting a retarded thread, i say SO BE IT.

flamewars are GOOD. they are usually fun to read and serve a purpose. they drive away assholes and/or make them change their attitudes. which kleads to a BETTER forum in the end.

TheOne1
06-28-2007, 01:58 AM
all the threads def. have an entertainment value..

since not everyone has the same sense of humor, or IQ, or cock size....im sure someone on here will contribute something good to a shitty thread now and then..

youcancallmeclaire
06-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Any topic where someone asks where they can meet trannies.
Seriously, people. Do a forum search or look in the personals.

LG
06-28-2007, 02:06 AM
flamewars are GOOD. they are usually fun to read and serve a purpose. they drive away assholes and/or make them change their attitudes. which kleads to a BETTER forum in the end.

When has a member left the forums after a flame war without actually being banned like richierich was or Moni was (repeatedly)? When has a member changed his attitude as a result of a verbal attack?

There is only one example I can think of of members who had a flame war that ran over several threads but now actually get along. That came about as a result of compromise, of accepting another's opinion even when one disagreed with it and as a result of the use of humour in response to member's posts. If you can make them laugh, you've won them over. Respecting the other's opinion and disagreeing politely without resorting to personal epithets is something we all need to learn- sometimes I too get carried away.

But look at the Politics forum now, and some of the previous threads in this section too, and you'll realise that the long-standing feuds ain't gonna end. Flame wars will only make things worse.

Then again, if you're not involved, they can be fun to watch I suppose... :shrug

mbf
06-28-2007, 02:17 AM

When has a member left the forums after a flame war without actually being banned like richierich was or Moni was (repeatedly)? When has a member changed his attitude as a result of a verbal attack?

Then again, if you're not involved, they can be fun to watch I suppose... :shrug

KellyShore got flamed nearly to cyber-death on here. and NOW she behaves. stopped posting a zillion shallow topics. and posts something meaningful everynow and then even.

you people underestimate the power of self-governence on this board. dont cry for banning or changing it if its IN YOUR HANDS to make it a better forum by the right response. dumb thread? dont reply. dumb person? dont reply. simple as that. a troll that doesnt get fed DIES

. and yes, flame wars ARE damn funny.

LG
06-28-2007, 02:37 AM
KellyShore got flamed nearly to cyber-death on here. and NOW she behaves. stopped posting a zillion shallow topics. and posts something meaningful everynow and then even.

you people underestimate the power of self-governence on this board. dont cry for banning or changing it if its IN YOUR HANDS to make it a better forum by the right response. dumb thread? dont reply. dumb person? dont reply. simple as that. a troll that doesnt get fed DIES

. and yes, flame wars ARE damn funny.

Never called for anyone to be banned. I don't think I ever would. But it's obvious that you don't frequent the P&R forum.

I would also like to point out that there are some long-standing feuds that keep flaring up.

Me, I try to ignore people who piss me off. Sometimes it's hard. I found it doesn't always help. Some people will go to great lengths to annoy you in order to elicit a response.

I don't pay so much attention as I used to to the P&R forum anymore becayse spite has replaced reasoned debate, but if you want to see a good battle, I suggest you pay it a visit.

I'm not calling for more control by the way. I'm only saying that flamewars usually achieve nothing. And ignoring people often has the same result.

The Truth
06-28-2007, 02:46 AM
None. The so called 'dumb threads' are the ones that make HA fun and entertaining. Just look at the next to last column on the right side. A lot of people are viewing the threads but do not necessarily respond to it.

Nautica
06-29-2007, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't consider ANY thread DUMB as they are typed by human beings, I suppose. Maybe there could be more stickies added to cater to the MOST talked about subjects? :.)

I say someone should start a Grey Poupon thread?.

mbf
06-29-2007, 12:57 AM
well, i want racist assholes accounts obliterated. as i said earlier i am pro free speech but after revealing racist views that person who has done so has to go.