PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini Yoga and Meditation

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-27-2007, 01:51 AM
Kundalini Yoga & Meditation

Description:
Kundalini Yoga uses movement, sound current, breath and meditation to relax and heal your mind and body, allowing the spirit to flow freely. Kundalini Yoga brings a greater feeling of well-being and happiness - our natural birthright as humans. This powerful and effective form of Yoga, is a great way to recharge and heal your body quickly. How? By stimulating the nervous and immune systems, while improving strength and flexibility, as it centers the mind and opens the spirit. From your very first class, you'll reap the rewards including-- relief from back pain, stress, addiction, depression and insomnia, as well as weight control. Kundalini Yoga promises you peace of mind. Everyone can do it!

I'm thinking of enrolling in this type of yoga class. Either this or a swing class. LOL Has anyone on here taken or have experience with this type of Yoga class? Any feedback would be appreciated. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I just bought this DVD along with a belly dancing one. Going to try them out soon...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41R65NCQKHL._SS500_.jpg

Also found a gym I might join here that offers yoga.

That's awesome Leora. The one's I'm actually thinking of going to
I think has one in Hollywood and one at Manhattan Beach.
They also have a yoga studio out in NYC.
And their class rates are very affordable. :P

CLASS FEES
Single Class $ 15.00
5 Class Pass $ 70.00
10 Class Pass $ 120.00
20 Class Pass $ 180.00
Single Community Class $ 7.00
5 Class Community Pass $ 35.00
Unlimited 30-day Pass $ 150.00
Children’s Yoga $ 10.00
Children’s Yoga (10 class pass) $ 80.00

Drop-ins welcome! No reservation or membership required!

Payments for classes are non-refundable.
Passes expire after one year.

Schedule subject to change without notice.

For the most part, I just want to learn yoga and meditations for health and relaxation purposes.
I also heard that its good for stress. So yes Id like to become a Yogi! ;)

Here's what I found out about Kundalini yoga online. Certainly looks very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ8_-pLAXn0

http://www.bl.uk/learning/images/bodies/illustrations/kundalini-.jpg

~Kisses.

HTG

TJT
06-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Awaken the great Serpent and achieve enlightenment.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Awaken the great Serpent and achieve enlightenment.

LOL Yes, right! I knew someone sooner or later would catch that part TJT! :lol: Seriously tho, It's said to be the oldest form of yoga and from what I've gathered so far everything about it seems great.

Looking forward to learning Kundalini. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

TJT
06-27-2007, 08:32 AM
I used to play around with it in my halcyon Hippie days Hara. It's gone upscale since then.

Ecstatic
06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Go for it, Hara. I've been practicing yoga and meditation for 35 years in various forms. Formal approaches vary and provide focus and framework for your practice, but the essence is ever the same, to enter the vastness inside yourself and immerse yourself in the creative energy that drives all life. Kundalini is the ancient yogic description of that inner power which is metaphorically depicted as a serpent sleeping in the root chakra (the energy center at the base of the spine), but it's nature is to rise and fall naturally within us, passing through the seven chakras or energy centers (these centers are described in virtually all traditions: seven chakras, seven seals, in accupuncture, yoga, kabbalah, native American traditions, tantra which works directly with this energy in both sexual and other ways, etc.).

Each energy center corresponds to a major aspect of our being: in the heart center, it appears as compassion (central to Buddhism); in the solar plexus it manifests as will (as seen in martial arts); in the crown center at the top of the head it is the gateway to samadhi or the experience of enlightenment which is the goal of meditation. Freud, not surprisingly, focused on the sexual plexus and identified kundalini (without knowing he had done so) as libido. Orgasm is a manifestation of kundalini at the peak of sexual arousal, in a similar way to samadhi at the peak of meditation.

Folk-rock legend Donovan describes kundalini (which in yoga is seen as a goddess) poetically in his song "lover o lover":

reveal beloved hidden ecstasy
lady of seven lights
administer love to me
before thy temple of inner sanctuary
i lay my burden down
and rest beneath your tree

lover o lover lead me within (repeat 4x)

sister of succour your kiss is my balm
with your wand you bid the beast in me be calm
arise serpent arise from out your fiery lair
dance for the maiden with moonlight in her hair

lover o lover lead me within (repeat 4x)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey thanks Ecstatic. I will! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

meghanchavalier
06-28-2007, 12:57 AM
I actually did Kundalini Yoga for 7 years and still do basic yoga and meditate it's the most healthy thing you can do for your body and mind. Go for it you'll notice some really wonderful changes.

Ecstatic
06-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Glad to help, Hara. I hope you enjoy it. There are many, many different approaches to kundalini yoga, so try them out and find the one that's right for you. I worked with several yoga masters in the 70's and 80's, including Swami Muktananda and his successor, Gurumayi, who work in the Siddha Yoga tradition.

Meghan, that's great to hear. I suspect that, like myself, you found it appropriate to immerse yourself for a sustained time, then continue your practice at your own pace afterwards. My basic practice today is a half-hour meditation every day (I never miss a day, even if I have only five minutes to spare, but I usually manage between 20 and 40 minutes as I don't time it). I also continue to read and contemplate the philosophy underlying the traditions.

Does your kundalini experience enter into The Mystical Journey? It's the next book on my reading list.

meghanchavalier
06-28-2007, 02:45 AM
You work your ass off at first doing yoga of any kind and then come up with what works for you so you nailed it right on the head.

yodajazz
06-28-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm thinking of enrolling in this type of yoga class. Either this or a swing class. LOL Has anyone on here taken or have experience with this type of Yoga class? Any feedback would be appreciated. :P

HTG

I have not practiced that discipline of meditation, but I have meditated using breathing and other similar techniques. I would definitely recommend taking a class. One of the hardest things to do is to get a regular routine with our busy lives. The class will help put you into a regular rhythm of meditation, whereas reading a book will not necessarily do that.

As for the practice itself, it is invaluable. But for me it takes telling someone else to help me realize the things I have gained. Let us know how you do with it. That would help us people seeking greater awareness a lot, as well as yourself.

tonkatoy
06-28-2007, 07:37 AM
Is beating off a form of Yoga or meditation? If so then I am transcendental.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
I actually did Kundalini Yoga for 7 years and still do basic yoga and meditate it's the most healthy thing you can do for your body and mind. Go for it you'll notice some really wonderful changes.

Oh thanks Meg. I'm actually excited to learn Kundalini yoga. Probably every Mondays of the week since that's the only time I have free. Lately I've been feeling exhausted and my insomnia is getting worst. So hopefully this would help me de-stress, get healthy and learn to meditate for peace and relaxation. Thanks for the advice once again! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

mustang
07-04-2007, 02:23 AM
I'm looking for a good exercise DVD to use at home and have been reading through the reviews of several on amazon.com but can't make up my mind. Any suggestions there? I still need to check out the discs that a personal trainer gave me (Optimum Performance Training for the Health and Fitness Professional) as well as the one that came with my exercise ball. They might be more than enough for me to use rigth now. Going to leave the discs on my keyboard for when I wake up :)

decent starter yoga program.Try it and see if you like it!

mustang
07-04-2007, 02:31 AM
edit

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-04-2007, 04:49 AM
I started with this one. It's not bad to start because she actually does a good job with talking you through it.

http://audioyoga.com/AY4/index.php?option=com_bookmarks&Itemid=210&mode=0&catid=181&navstart=0&search=*

Hey that link is dead. Are there any other links for that audio mustang? :?

Really wanted to hear it. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

ducktales
07-04-2007, 04:52 AM
i tried yoga, and then i got bored

mustang
07-04-2007, 05:53 AM
I started with this one. It's not bad to start because she actually does a good job with talking you through it.

http://audioyoga.com/AY4/index.php?option=com_bookmarks&Itemid=210&mode=0&catid=181&navstart=0&search=*

Hey that link is dead. Are there any other links for that audio mustang? :?

Really wanted to hear it. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

mustang
07-06-2007, 06:16 AM
[quote=LeoraMoore]I'm looking for a good exercise DVD to use at home and have been reading through the reviews of several on amazon.com but can't make up my mind. Any suggestions there? I still need to check out the discs that a personal trainer gave me (Optimum Performance Training for the Health and Fitness Professional) as well as the one that came with my exercise ball. They might be more than enough for me to use rigth now. Going to leave the discs on my keyboard for when I wake up :)

edit

Beaver1
07-10-2013, 07:19 AM
You work your ass off at first doing yoga of any kind and then come up with what works for you so you nailed it right on the head.

I would love to practice anal yoga with you, my little chickadee and we can taste each other's "breastmilk".:yingyang:

Beaver1
07-13-2013, 12:36 PM

Ever do it in just pantyhose or nylons, or while having anal sex? I'd love to do that with you, my little chickadee. I miss you and wonder what happened to you.

buttslinger
07-13-2013, 08:43 PM
.. I have meditated using breathing and other similar techniques... . One of the hardest things to do is to get a regular routine .

extremely hard, I would say.

Here's a little sex tip from James Hewitt's book for the heathens here. Basically you try to touch your belly button to your anus.

Beaver1
07-16-2013, 07:18 AM
It's really fun to have anal sex while your loved one is in a yoga asana especially in nylons:party: