PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Dresser Leads Police on Chase, Crashes into House

hellboy3
06-26-2007, 09:03 PM
http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6706894

The chase lasted less than an hour, but it involved police from Metro, Henderson, and also the highway patrol. It started at the Savers store at Mojave and Tropicana. The driver hit another car at Green Valley Parkway and 215, then crashed into a wall at the corner of Valle Verde and Navarre in Henderson.

The two people in the car did not want to be caught by police. Officers thought they were chasing a woman and a man who led them around southern Clark County and Henderson.

After driving then crashing the car, the woman ran down a short cul-de-sac in heels. She ran right by Bob Crosley's house with officers following. "We saw them catch her at that gate over there, which is the next door over from my house," said Crosley.

That's when officers made their first surprise discovery. "It is a male but she is dressed like a female," said Officer Martin Wright. "When we ran the information, it does come back it is a male."

The other man in the passenger seat of the car ran the same direction. "I was sitting at the kitchen talking to my wife and kids and all of a sudden I see a figure leaping my wall," said David Opperman, a neighbor.

Opperman opened the garage to go outside and saw officers searching the street. "I whistled, and I said hey he just leaped my back wall. Then two officers come running with their guns drawn."

Two blocks away, police cornered and arrested him. Left in the wake of these two were accidents and potential disasters.

It started at a Savers at Tropicana and Mojave. As the two left, a customer thought they were stealing his car by mistake and called police. When the cross dresser saw officers, he took off. Police stayed 15 car lengths back until the driver hit a car at Green Valley and 215, then got on the highway going in the wrong direction.

When the high speed chase ended, officers uncovered another surprise. "The male/female also indicated that she was afraid because she had warrants," said Officer Wright.

Those warrants were for trespassing and prostitution. Police actually showed up at his house Sunday to arrest him. The cross dresser gave false information to get away. He thought police had tracked him down Monday; that's why he ran in the first