PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Chris Benoit

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-26-2007, 02:02 AM
Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

followed this guy through the years, he was an AWESOME wrestler!!!!!!!!!!!

truly sad

62des
06-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Damn he was a good wrestler too and no doubt would've been in the Hall of Fame.

fitz207
06-26-2007, 02:30 AM
What, another wrestler dead?

Legend
06-26-2007, 02:41 AM
R.I.P Nancy "Woman" Benoit and Her Son

You really have some f**ked up people in this world too would kill an entire family.

Hopefully the wwe they stop the fake death storylines.

62des
06-26-2007, 02:41 AM
Mr. Machman's death was fake. It was for ratings. That was proven when Mr. Machman himself announced his death which everybody already knew. Chris Benoit's death is real.

MrsKellyPierce
06-26-2007, 02:49 AM
wow th ats really sad, I hope they find the reason.

deep.lurkr
06-26-2007, 02:50 AM
I'm trying so hard not to believe this is some sort of build up to the next pay-per-view attempt. If it is, I hope someone goes to jail.

If it's not, this is truly horrible. A family for god's sake...

blckhaze
06-26-2007, 02:54 AM
I'm trying so hard not to believe this is some sort of build up to the next pay-per-view attempt. If it is, I hope someone goes to jail.

If it's not, this is truly horrible. A family for god's sake...

Lets hope noone is trying to make this a joke, cause that would be sicker than if it was actually true. He was one of the few wrestlers i liked, and if its murder, i hope the SOB who did this never rests and gets caught and punished to the full extent of the law.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-26-2007, 03:19 AM
this was not a joke, this is truly sad, please think about what you're going to post regarding situations like this before you hit the submit button

GiaCallMe
06-26-2007, 03:29 AM
What is disturbing is that the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that they were not shot. That would lead one to believe that is a murder-suicide.
This is beyond upsetting to me. Benoit was one of the few things that made WCW worthwhile and Hulkamania took over and ruined it. I feel so bad for his 2 other kids.

traumatism
06-26-2007, 03:32 AM
it is true about chris benoit's death sadly. there is information on wikipedia over it and its also on his wifes info page on there

Legend
06-26-2007, 03:34 AM
The tribute is pretty nice,he had some of the best matches i've seen in wrestling to this day.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-26-2007, 03:37 AM
Whoa!!!!!! WTF??? That is really freaky.

General124
06-26-2007, 03:40 AM
What is disturbing is that the Atlanta Journal Constitution is reporting that they were not shot. That would lead one to believe that is a murder-suicide.
This is beyond upsetting to me. Benoit was one of the few things that made WCW worthwhile and Hulkamania took over and ruined it. I feel so bad for his 2 other kids.

I agree. Makes you wonder where things went wrong. He was penciled in to win the ECW title last night before he was a no-show. It's truly sad. I feel for his other two kids.

It's ironic. They just showed his WCW match with Dean Malenko and it's very ironic that both Nancy (Woman) and Ms. Elizabeth are both dead. She OD'd fucking around with Lex Luger.

RIP

The AJC article...

http: //www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/25/0625benoit.html

TSCURIOUS
06-26-2007, 03:41 AM
this was not a joke, this is truly sad, please think about what you're going to post regarding situations like this before you hit the submit button

JWBL - you are so right! Think before you (not you JWBL) post regarding this. Whatever you think - it's still someones family. Walk that mile in their shoes

hwbs
06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
RIP.... says on the wire that its being investigated as a murder/suicide...

The One
06-26-2007, 07:14 AM
awful news

stillies77
06-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Ive loved Benoit since the original ecw days in the 90's when him and eddie won at WM 20 i almost cried...tonight was probably one of the saddest things i have ever seen on TV...i almost lost it when edge was talking and when chavo lost it i got teary...i cant believe he is gone.

mph
06-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Benoit was always one of my favorite wrestlers. He had phenomenal athletic and technical skills, and was very charismatic (in his own way).

Whatever the cause of his death, he will be greatly missed. Rest in peace, brother.

My condolences go out to the rest of the Benoit family for their losses. :/

kink234
06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
I am big wrestling fan, and this is just very upsetting for me personally. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. The whole thing is very sad.

gotenks
06-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Hi guys, long time lurker here.

Finally joined to post in this thread.

As a long time wrestling fan, very confused and saddened by what happened today.

For Benoit the wrestler, one of the greatest of all time. For Benoit the man, if it's true what happened...fuck him. Coward.

As for me, 27 y/o M in Chicago. Never been with one, but love hung angels. Wish I could have started my first post on better terms.

deep.lurkr
06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
The amount of pain killers these guys take to put on a show is outrageous. They become addicted to them, as well as muscle relaxers on top of other supplements to help their muscle growth.

I've been told that the root of our emotions can be traced to chemical reactions in the brain, and one riddled with as much junk as a professional wrestler is bound to hit a snag somewhere.

I used to think professional wrestling was kids stuff, and for the most part it is. But what you have to consider here is how much these atheletes put themselves through to achieve their status. It's easy to liken this lifestyle to a Roman Gladiator who puts their life on the line for the glory of a roaring crowd and admiration throughout. Gladiators and victors of ferocious matches were treated as royalty, given the best seats at events, and were allowed to own land at the cost of putting on a show that could cost them their lives.

Nothing's changed from then and now, the lifestyle they choose comes at a price, and it's still a fight to the death, even if it's by their own hand.

LTR_Seeker
06-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Wrestling sure has seen its glory years long ago wont ever return to mainstream popular benoit was one of my fav wrestlers in wcw.

Legend
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll hold off from judging him until the facts come out but if murder-suicide was the case i can't respect a guy who murder his family i don't care what he achieved in the ring.

Legend
06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Screw chris benoit he strangled his wife,son and like a coward killed himself.

DJ_Asia
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
harsh news about a guy that seemed by all accounts to be one of the "good guys"in the sport.

News has said that he straangled his wife,sufforcated his son(damn) and then hung himself some 12-36 hours later....i can only imagine what was going through his mind while he was in that house all weekend with his family dead....god god...RIP man.

Tgirlcocklover
06-26-2007, 07:44 PM
R.I.P i really didnt think chris was that type of guy

cockgobbler
06-26-2007, 08:14 PM
There was a little comment on the wrestling observer website which indicated that Nancy Benoit was killed on Saturday(strangled in living room), Daniel was killed on Sunday(smothered in his bedroom), and Chris hanged himself in his weight room on Monday. It made mention of some very strange text messages were sent by Benoit to some of his friends over the weekend.

The site also indicated that ABC is reporting the Wrestling industry is about to "heavy media scrutiny". To me that indicates there may be issues with drugs (steroids, pain killers, ect) these guys use/abuse in order to perform night after night.

I met Chris backstage at a show in Toronto with his son Daniel. I never thought anything like this could happen.

hwbs
06-26-2007, 08:45 PM
damn this is some crazy shit... i can see if u dont want to live but to drag down your whole family...

ILuvGurls
06-26-2007, 09:50 PM

i agree, just what kind of demons were running thru his mind.......wonder what all those guys from last nights tribute would say now??

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-26-2007, 10:23 PM
let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone huh?!?

look what was done was wrong, and this is just my opinion but I don't think the guy was in the right frame of mind chemically, meaning I think whatever he was on altered his mind state to the point where he felt compelled to leave his job, fly home and do what I agree with others is the most cowardly thing a man could do to his family..... but after listening to some of the memories people in direct contact with the man for years had to say about him last night I can't sit back and say fuck him he's this or he's that, I just feel like saying it was a fucked up situation, lives were lost, and it sucks............... from a wrestling fan's standpoint it sucks because Benoit went out every night and put on a great show, from a human observer's side it sucks because a child will never get to experience the joy of life, it was stolen from him.............
If you look at the time difference and just use common sense it seems apparent that whatever he was on left his system enough hours later that he came to his senses, saw what he did, and figured that suicide was his only option.....................

i agree, just what kind of demons were running thru his mind.......wonder what all those guys from last nights tribute would say now??

IMO I think they'd say "Damn maybe I need to stop taking [insert substance here] I don't wanna end up like Chris. I also think they'd say "I wonder what his wife said to him to make him walk out on a job, fly home, and strangle her ass???"

cockgobbler
06-26-2007, 10:26 PM

I would hope if it is proven this had something to do with "Roid Rage" or some other drugs, they would be thinking of getting off of them.

Police now say a number of perscription drugs, including anabolic steroids were found in the home, althogh they think the drugs were obtained with valid, legal perscriptions. They estimate now that Nancy was killed sometime Friday, Daniel Saturday morning and Chris sometime late Saturday. They also said Bible's was place beside Nancy and Daniel's bodies.

biguy4tvtscd
06-26-2007, 10:40 PM
i can only imagine what was going through his mind

From the sounds of it....Steroids and Jesus.

laoda8
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
In my opinion if you kill your family and try to get away with it you're a bastard. If you do it and kill yourself you couldn't possibly be in a state of mind where you found it reasonable to do something like that. I first though roid rage.

But really they shouldn't have had a memorial on the day of the incident. They should have gotten all the facts straight.

werwt22
06-26-2007, 10:58 PM
One of my favs of all time and it sucks. It sucks everyone is judging him before they know anything about his story. Yeah it's fucked up what happened to him and his family but no one has any idea what issues he was dealing with. He's seemed to have done a lot of good things in his life and people are trying to demean what he's done all his life and sum him up to be a terrible person based off of a single act. I'm not condoning what he did, but everyone deals with certain situations differently and apparently he dealt with this situation the wrong way and I take it as such. Something really bad had to be going on in his life to literally strangle the life out of someone and then kill your own flesh and blood. He obviously was looming in depression for hours about what he had done and just couldn't take it anymore. People make really bad decisions when they are depressed and until you've been in that state-of-mind you cant really begin to understand how he must have been feeling. They all still get just as much sympathy from me no matter who killed them and its just tragic.

skyler
06-26-2007, 11:03 PM
yeah i saw the 3 hr raw last night, it was sad too see a great talent pass on that way i really liked him back when he was in the 4 horsemen!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-26-2007, 11:04 PM
But really they shouldn't have had a memorial on the day of the incident. They should have gotten all the facts straight.

ok, I don't know if you watch wrestling but when Eddie Guerrero died they did the Monday Night Raw and people could hardly contain themselves, how they got through that wrestling show that night is beyond me. I think it was smart for McMahon to cancel the show and let his performers grieve rather than risks injury from a wrong frame of mind..............

tsntx
06-26-2007, 11:25 PM
rip?? he murdered his wife and young son... i hope his soul doesnt get any rest.

Trans_Lover
06-26-2007, 11:26 PM
the piece of shit killed his wife and 7 yr old son, what a total scumbag. i can't believe they dedicated a whole show to him, pathetic, dedicate a show to the life of a piece of shit.
rot in hell Chris Benoit you low life scumbag cocksucking loser

Coroner
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
I remember him since I was a big Wrestling-fan myself when I was.... 10 :roll:

Stupid piece of shit. Someone should find his corpse and shoot again into his brainless head.

crayons
06-26-2007, 11:50 PM

That's why I take time before responding. It's become such a norm to respond with hapless pity everytime something negative happens. It's a very unrealistic mindset. All those who did the tribute will probably just ignore this from shame.

crayons
06-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Ive loved Benoit since the original ecw days in the 90's when him and eddie won at WM 20 i almost cried...tonight was probably one of the saddest things i have ever seen on TV...i almost lost it when edge was talking and when chavo lost it i got teary...i cant believe he is gone.

I'm just curious whether you knew that wrestling is fake. When you almost cried, did you know you were getting emotional for an act?

Also when you almost lost it I'm sure you were unaware that Benoit killed his family (http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/06/26/4291839.html), I'm curious whether your feelings have changed since then, and if you reflect on your previous post, whether there are any feelings of anger on your part. Just curious!

Legend
06-27-2007, 12:11 AM

ok, I don't know if you watch wrestling but when Eddie Guerrero died they did the Monday Night Raw and people could hardly contain themselves, how they got through that wrestling show that night is beyond me. I think it was smart for McMahon to cancel the show and let his performers grieve rather than risks injury from a wrong frame of mind..............

I think he meant it seemed like that were paying tribute to a cold blooded killer as in eddie's case he didn't kill his family.

stillies77
06-27-2007, 12:42 AM

I'm just curious whether you knew that wrestling is fake. When you almost cried, did you know you were getting emotional for an act?

Also when you almost lost it I'm sure you were unaware that Benoit killed his family (http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/06/26/4291839.html), I'm curious whether your feelings have changed since then, and if you reflect on your previous post, whether there are any feelings of anger on your part. Just curious!

I wasnt emotional because of an act...i was emotional because another wrestler Edge was talking about how much he loved benoit and started to cry. About me almost crying at WM 20...Im tired of everytime there is something about pro wrestling someone has to say Fake this and Fake that...i think we know already what it is if we are fans of the sport...thanks for the reminder. I wouldnt say i am quite angry...i am just realy really shocked more than anything else....its unbelievable the whole thing is just...wow...i have no words ya know?

Harrys Boy
06-27-2007, 12:49 AM
After this I just can't help feeling this is the beginning of the end for professional Wrestling, the lines between fiction and reality in wrestling have always been blurred but this now puts everything in perspective and changes the business forever.

southern81
06-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Its sad how everyone just jumps to some little thing. I personally do not believe that Chris Benoit killed his family. B/c we can not say what went on in that home before the cops got there. Until the police can prove that he killed his family without leaving any room for questions than he is innocent. that is the law of this country. And if he did do it, than right now the only THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE HIM IS HIS WIFE, HIS SON AND GOD IN HEAVEN so do not judge until every thing is proven.

Legend
06-27-2007, 01:49 AM
Its sad how everyone just jumps to some little thing. I personally do not believe that Chris Benoit killed his family. B/c we can not say what went on in that home before the cops got there. Until the police can prove that he killed his family without leaving any room for questions than he is innocent. that is the law of this country. And if he did do it, than right now the only THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO JUDGE HIM IS HIS WIFE, HIS SON AND GOD IN HEAVEN so do not judge until every thing is proven.

Apparently you missed the police conference.

crayons
06-27-2007, 02:05 AM
I wasnt emotional because of an act...i was emotional because another wrestler Edge was talking about how much he loved benoit and started to cry. About me almost crying at WM 20...Im tired of everytime there is something about pro wrestling someone has to say Fake this and Fake that...i think we know already what it is if we are fans of the sport...thanks for the reminder. I wouldnt say i am quite angry...i am just realy really shocked more than anything else....its unbelievable the whole thing is just...wow...i have no words ya know?

The emotions I was talking about was your reaction to WM 20 not Edge's speech. I'm sure he as well as unaware that Benoit killed his wife and son (at the time he made the speech).

Oh, and so your saying you always knew that wrestling is fake huh? And almost cried during WM 20. hmmmm very interesting. I doubt all "fans" know it's fake. Remember, a majority of the people that STILL watch wrestling are Middle Americans. I'm sure there is a reason why people remind you it's fake everytime you get your emotions all over it. It's like getting crying that someone lost a fake fight. :roll:

The Truth
06-27-2007, 02:06 AM

Damn son, you need to stop watching porn and jerking off for a while. Watch the news or read the news online. What more proof do you want?

Mr_Choc69
06-27-2007, 03:50 AM
I will never understand why some feel they need to kill their own family. How can you look your wife/child and then kill them? Yes, I know the clinical reasons why this happens but I am still baffled.

MetaSylo
06-27-2007, 04:30 AM
this whole situation makes no sense...

Also, it appears Vince and Co. are going to distance themselves from the whole Beniot thing as much as possible, with no further mention of the subject on TV.

mustang
06-27-2007, 05:43 AM
not only did he kill his wife and child............they found needle tracks on his seven year old boy. It appears that they had been giving the kid growth hormones!!! What F'd up family. It goes back to what I have been saying........the crazy parenting these days is out of control! I am young and yet this is seemingly generations away from how I grew up!!

PatrickFromNYC
06-27-2007, 06:09 AM
WAKE UP folks...this is America in 2007

cockgobbler
06-27-2007, 06:15 AM
this whole situation makes no sense...

Also, it appears Vince and Co. are going to distance themselves from the whole Beniot thing as much as possible, with no further mention of the subject on TV.

Because if steroids, painkillers, or other narcotics were involved, and the WWE "Wellness Policy" didn't catch them, the media is going to crucify his ass.

I think the WWE has some responsibility in this. Don't get me wrong, I am not excusing what Benoit did, but in order to be a top guy with the WWE, Vince wants guys who have a certain "look", muscles on top of muscles. How do the guys get that? Steroids. Granted that is their choice.

They take pain killers to be able to work the crazy schedule 230 to 250 days a year. If they take time off, their injury pay is a fraction of their usual pay.

In college, a friend of mine began to take steroids, and the really f**ked with his head. He began seeing things and hearing things that weren't there, having all kinds of crazy halucinations. he would be sitting there quiet then all of a sudden would just snap. He ended up jumping in front of a subway as it entered the station. that's why I believe some kind of drugs were involved in this.

They appear to be tring to make Benoit look like a lunitic. On the WWE website the have posted the 5 messages he sent to friends. Four of the five were just Chris repeating his address.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-27-2007, 07:15 AM
My final read on this....The jackass was STUPID, and decided he would make those close to him, victims of his stupidity. I have no sympathy for him, but grieve for those he hurt.

That's my final word on the matter.

idigtoo
06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Now we know what Benoit did I think an admin should change the title of this thread.

RIP Nancy and Daniel.

62des
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
No wonder his veins were so fucking big!

Legend
06-27-2007, 09:46 PM
It was reported that needle marks were found in his son's arm,they were injecting the kid with steriods because they thought he was undersized and wouldn't grow because of his dwarfism.

Who the hell injects steriods in a 7 year old!

gimmeurblood
06-27-2007, 10:55 PM
i ofund out about this early monday and it took until now to gather thoughts enough to express them, because wrestling is somethign i truly love
and has alwasy been a part of my life

I have alwasy loved chris benoits work and will alwasy love it form here on out, i will speak highly of the mans career, i mean he was a goddamn horseman. i will not condone what he did to his family, and the events surrounding it suck..i kow he had marriage troubles in the past and he met nancy as a result of her cheating on her current husband at the time. i don't want to speculate what went down that caused this to happen and i dont want to come off justifying it. but i also will not villafy the legacy in wrestling that benoit left because he really was one of the greats.
i dont think the wrestlign busniess is soemthign you can be in, reach a certian amount of sucess and not get headfucked. i will miss chris' ability to put on an excellent match with anyone, and theres an entire lockerroom that could have benefitted from chris knowledge of the busniess. Rest in Peace Chris, Nancy and Daniel, cuz you obviously weren't living in it

werwt22
06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
It was reported that needle marks were found in his son's arm,they were injecting the kid with steriods because they thought he was undersized and wouldn't grow because of his dwarfism.

Because his child had an advanced form of mental retardation accompanied by autism with a few more problems. They were arguing over Chris staying at home more often to help care for their child but she didnt want him to quit wrestling either. Maybe he killed his son b/c he didn't want to see him suffer or go on living that way....who knows.

cockgobbler
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM

Because his child had an advanced form of mental retardation accompanied by autism with a few more problems. They were arguing over Chris staying at home more often to help care for their child but she didnt want him to quit wrestling either. Maybe he killed his son b/c he didn't want to see him suffer or go on living that way....who knows.

I think maybe after he killed Nancy, he realized he would be going to jail and there would no one to look after Daniel. Maybe in his state of mind at the time, killing Daniel to prevent him from being alone seemed like a logical conclusion to him. We will probably never know the true, full extent of what happened.

Legend
06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
WOW - this is getting more bizzare... FOX News just said that there was mention of Benoit's wife's death on Wikipedia before the body was found.

The entry was made from a computer in Stamford, CT the city that WWE's headquarters are located in.

monkey1402
06-28-2007, 10:54 PM
i hope he rots in hell. fucking coward, killing his wife and child.

mikie49
06-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Couldn't agree more! Hope there is a special HELL for assholes who kill their kids!

biGGdaDDy*
06-29-2007, 06:58 AM
I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO JUSTIFY KILLING YOUR OWN FAMILY

but
lets be honest here
im pretty sure theres a few of you on here who have had certain ppl in your family--break you down and hurt you badly-
whether it be physical--verbal or subliminally
there was probably that ONE TIME that they did some shit to you that made you wanna do some type of damage to them
{you just dont wanna admit it}

im not saying thats its RIGHT
but--you have to look at the truth here
''family'' is just a WORD for a group of ppl with the same last name

FAMILY will hurt you quicker than a stranger will

WHY ???---because they know everything there is to know about you
which means that they hold all the tools that it would take to--HURT
SHAME--DAMAGE and BREAK you

so when that happens---it makes you feel ''worthless''
when your own flesh and blood views you as less than what you are
and it may cause a high level of anger to generate
{which leads to hurting YOURSELF and OTHERS}

I BELIEVE this is what happened here
there was SOMETHING that triggered him to do it
he didnt just do it for nothing

nobody knows what his wife was like behind closed doors

she PROBABLY deserved it------NOT THE KID THO

Legend
06-29-2007, 07:14 AM
I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO JUSTIFY KILLING YOUR OWN FAMILY

but
lets be honest here
im pretty sure theres a few of you on here who have had certain ppl in your family--break you down and hurt you badly-
whether it be physical--verbal or subliminally
there was probably that ONE TIME that they did some shit to you that made you wanna do some type of damage to them
{you just dont wanna admit it}

im not saying thats its RIGHT
but--you have to look at the truth here
''family'' is just a WORD for a group of ppl with the same last name

FAMILY will hurt you quicker than a stranger will

WHY ???---because they know everything there is to know about you
which means that they hold all the tools that it would take to--HURT
SHAME--DAMAGE and BREAK you

so when that happens---it makes you feel ''worthless''
when your own flesh and blood views you as less than what you are
and it may cause a high level of anger to generate
{which leads to hurting YOURSELF and OTHERS}

I BELIEVE this is what happened here
there was SOMETHING that triggered him to do it
he didnt just do it for nothing

nobody knows what his wife was like behind closed doors

she PROBABLY deserved it------NOT THE KID THO

"she PROBABLY deserved it"

That is the biggest crock of shit i heard your justifying him killing his wife because of low self esteem LOL dude put down the crack pipe.

Anonymous-Chan
06-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Greatest heel turn EVAR!

What, too soon?

Harrys Boy
06-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I've never complained about people's point of view on this website but those captions are in really bad taste and should be removed.