PDA

View Full Version : vaniity talks about rehab

d
06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I have been struggling wwether I should or should not speak on this matter... yet, since it seems to be the "in" thing to do (horrible joke, I know) to go to rehab... Anyway, Lindsay is there, Paris in jail, and so I'm doing the same type of program as Nicole Richie.. out~patient..

And though I may talk only briefly about this right now, let me just tell you that it has been truly painful, shameful and also very humbling...

Thank you to all that still wrote me and sent me beautiful cards while I was away...

I'm not done yet and will have to work on myself as a human being for the rest of my life ~ as we all must...

I believe in a "higher power" and I trust that I shall attain happiness within my soul ;)

God bless you and hope you'll keep in touch in spite of my struggles...

LoveOnYa~

VANIITY

stukaz29
06-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Vaniity in prison?
I didn't know....but why?
What would have she done?

traumatism
06-25-2007, 07:22 PM
shes not in prison stukaz, she's in rehabillitation. perhaps for drugs and such (not saying it is), or for something else. all i would like to do is wish her all the best and hope she makes a full recovery and doesnt relapse

White_Male_Canada
06-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Dorian Gray

stukaz29
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I wish her all the best too.
I had misunderstood. I don't know the american system but suppose the rehab was ordered by a judge..or not?

NYCe
06-25-2007, 08:05 PM
A person can choose to go to rehab on their own.

stukaz29
06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
I know that, but the words she wrote made think she has been forced to do that.

werwt22
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Good thing she didn't listen to Amy Winehouse before she went LOL. They tried to make go to rehab I said no no no.

stukaz29
06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Who is Amy Winehouse?

traumatism
06-25-2007, 09:04 PM
the starlight girls i.e. lindsay lohan chose to go into rehab (prison isnt rehab and nor was it chosen by paris hilton (stupid cow, i cant stand her), she was forced to go to prison and rightly so. but from the sound of it vanity chose this. and like i said. i wish her all the best and my heart goes out to her and hope she comes out smelling of roses as it were.

peggygee
06-26-2007, 01:56 AM
It saved my life, and stopped
a lot of heartaches I caused
others.

Good luck.

Peg.

werwt22
06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Who is Amy Winehouse?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Winehouse

Trans_Lover
06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
i have NO sympathy for anyone that goes to rehab.

d
06-26-2007, 11:43 PM
i have NO sympathy for anyone that goes to rehab.

congrats on being an asshole

crayons
06-27-2007, 12:03 AM
congrats on being an asshole

..and for having your own opinion. How dare you voice a comment that is different from the community's. Do that again and your comment will be deleted. We hate going back through our logs and having to be reminded that people who don't agree with us exist.

Rod la Rod
06-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Thank you Crayons

whatsupwithat
06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
A someone who got clean and sober almost 5 years ago...I'm very happy for her.

one day at a time!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-27-2007, 02:19 AM
Goodluck Dee!

Hope everything works out for you. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Lady Angela
06-27-2007, 03:33 AM
It is good you are getting the help you need. Millions have gone through it, and many have benefited from it.

chi73inla
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Rehab is for quitters.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Vanity, I wish you all the best. It's really tough to get a monkey off your back, and even tougher to keep it off. You're very brave, not to mention smart, for tackling your problem. Hang in there! :rock2

To Trans_lover, why don't you shove the barrel of a loaded, large caliber gun up your ass. Oh, and by the way, don't forget to pull the trigger. :thumbsdown

bunzy
06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
I never knew she was a crackhead, i wish her all the best though.

odelay24
06-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Rehab is for quitters.

I hate that line because it can be taken two ways.

As in "quitter" meaning someone who gives up easily.

Or "quitter" as in someone who is quitting.

Because, really, rehab IS for quitters.

Realgirls4me
06-28-2007, 06:08 AM
I wish Vaniity the best. And one admitting to oneself that they have a problem is a sign of strength and NOT weakness, in my opinion. It's a catharsis or epiphany of sorts to want to confront your demons and attempt to finally do something about them. It demonstrates growth. ...As the son of an alcoholic(my late father), how I wished he would have had the strength(?) to have confronted his sickness, and thereby save his family from needless worry, pain, and heartaches he put us through.

Whoever here is utilizing "quitters" in a derogatory sense, can stick it in their ass.

Lady Angela
06-28-2007, 06:35 AM
lol!

Yes rehab is for quitters.
Those who quit being alcoholics or drug addicts.
I am not addicted to such things, but if I was, I would get treatment for it.

Realgirls4me
06-28-2007, 06:41 AM
Why don't we clarify the term then, given it can be vague or subjected to interpretation?

How about, "Rehab is for quitting".

Enough said.

youcancallmeclaire
06-28-2007, 07:29 AM
As a former addict, I say good for her. She'll finally be able to wake up from that nightmare.

Myself, I just went completely broke and the area ran dry. After being clean for awhile I realized exactly how bad I had fucked myself up. :( Knowledge is very important to me and I lost alot of my ability to think, remember, and concentrate. It threw my bpd into overdrive and for about a year I was a recluse and a schizophrenic.

I lost a part of a part of myself that I still mourn today. I'm still not right even after 2 years.

My best advice is to not get involved with drugs at all in the first place. Curious people really have no idea how powerful addiction can be.

AjaxSwann
07-09-2007, 09:49 PM
Well, I hope 'V' does OK. I was unaware she was having problems. I look forward to seeing her agian. She's my favorite Trans-syl-vanian.