PDA

View Full Version : F'in traffic tickets...........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-23-2007, 09:46 PM
HELSINKI, Finland — Jaako Rytsola, a 27-year-old Finnish Internet entrepreneur and newspaper columnist, was cruising in his BMW one recent evening. “The road was wide and I was feeling good,” he later wrote. “It’s nice to be driving when there’s no one in sight.”

But this road wasn’t empty; a radar-equipped police car was clocking his speed. The officer pulled over Mr. Rytsola’s car and issued him a speeding ticket for driving 43 miles an hour in a 25-mile-an-hour zone. The fine: $71,400.

The staggering sum was no mistake. In Finland, traffic fines generally are based on two factors: the severity of the offense and the driver’s income.

One country I will NEVER drive in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SarahG
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmm, sounds like it would be a fun place to drive if you have no assets or income...

tsntx
06-23-2007, 10:43 PM
HELSINKI, Finland — Jaako Rytsola, a 27-year-old Finnish Internet entrepreneur and newspaper columnist, was cruising in his BMW one recent evening. “The road was wide and I was feeling good,” he later wrote. “It’s nice to be driving when there’s no one in sight.”

But this road wasn’t empty; a radar-equipped police car was clocking his speed. The officer pulled over Mr. Rytsola’s car and issued him a speeding ticket for driving 43 miles an hour in a 25-mile-an-hour zone. The fine: $71,400.

The staggering sum was no mistake. In Finland, traffic fines generally are based on two factors: the severity of the offense and the driver’s income.

That's crazy! Personally i don't think that there should be any speed limits in the left lane of Interstates in our country. Instead, pass out tickets to all those shitheads and Sunday drivers that are always blocking the left passing lane!!! :evil:

i would fuck you for that statement alone... my biggest pet peeve are stupid fuckers that drive in the left lane and dont move over when faster cars are coming up behind them... i dont care if youre going 95 if i come up behind your ass ... MOVE THE FUCK OVER!! the sign says "left lane is for passing only" mother fucker!!!!
in austin theres a stretch of highway that is over 80miles long where semi trucks cant drive in the left lane... it should be that way everywhere.

muhmuh
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
ahhhh the joys of living in the only country in the entire world that doesnt have autobahn speed limits

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-23-2007, 11:05 PM
awwwwwwwwwww Bimmers and hot chicks

say no more

you guys aren't using the whole expressway

I have done the 'dip theory' for over a decade now

dip theory explained: some asshole is in the left lane, I want to pass.......... I see a window in between the 18 wheeler and the chick driving the Expedition she knows she should not be pushing because she can hardly see over the steering wheel............. I accelerate through the window while at the same time evil glancing at the asshole in my left lane and dip right in front of him 9 seconds later...................... problem solved

I have to be honest my personal favorite are the folks that at 2 or 3 am are on the expressway driving like assholes when the shit is empty. If I'm chillin in the middle lane and you come up on my ass all the while I'm on cruise control at 80mph don't get mad when I dip to the right lane, watch you pass, then dip back to the middle and ride your ass for ˝ a mile to show you how much of an ass you were for NOT USING THE FUCKING LEFT LANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonkyy
06-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Just come to Germany, we have no speed limit! :lol:

Coroner
06-24-2007, 01:17 AM
[quote=JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel]

BTW, what's a Bimmer?

Probably a BMW :)

And about the Finnish dude...... well, pwned 8)

specialk
06-24-2007, 01:25 AM
That's crazy! Personally i don't think that there should be any speed limits in the left lane of Interstates in our country. Instead, pass out tickets to all those shitheads and Sunday drivers that are always blocking the left passing lane!!! :evil:

You just got my vote for president, govenor, king of the road!!!!!

As I like to say all too frequently: "Step it up or step it over"

arcticone
06-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Just come to Germany, we have no speed limit! :lol:

But we got loads of people blocking the middle and the left lane :(
In Addition I nearly crashed a several times because of people that seem incapable of calculating other drivers speed :evil:

TheOne1
06-24-2007, 05:58 AM
just get a second job as a cop, and u never get tickets

hondarobot
06-24-2007, 06:26 AM

I'm just going to give you a bit of free advice. Stop posting. Please. It's gotten to the point where I read your posts now just to see if you actually are mentally retarded or not. You are.

Your latest attempt at humor: "just get a second job as a cop, and u never get tickets"

Heh. What the hell, keep trying.

TheOne1
06-24-2007, 06:29 AM

I'm just going to give you a bit of free advice. Stop posting. Please. It's gotten to the point where I read your posts now just to see if you actually are mentally retarded or not. You are.

Your latest attempt at humor: "just get a second job as a cop, and u never get tickets"

get off my dick old man

hondarobot
06-24-2007, 06:54 AM

get off my dick old man

Hey, it was free advice, take it or leave it. Make a post that isn't retarded and demonstrate how I was wrong.

You can't. For your own good, you should stop posting. Seriously.

TheOne1
06-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey, it was free advice, take it or leave it. Make a post that isn't retarded and demonstrate how I was wrong.

You can't. For your own good, you should stop posting. Seriously.

you get bashed every post you make...

besides....didn't i ask you to not stalk me.?

Quinn
06-24-2007, 07:20 AM

i would fuck you for that statement alone... my biggest pet peeve are stupid fuckers that drive in the left lane and dont move over when faster cars are coming up behind them... i dont care if youre going 95 if i come up behind your ass ... MOVE THE FUCK OVER!! the sign says "left lane is for passing only" mother fucker!!!!
in austin theres a stretch of highway that is over 80miles long where semi trucks cant drive in the left lane... it should be that way everywhere.

Huge Cosign – minus the fucking M77 part. Idiots who don't comprehend the simple concept of a passing lane are one of my biggest pet peeves as well. Anyway, here's something other Type A personalities on the forum might want to try next time you run into some tool who won't extend to you the most basic of courtesies by moving:

Get in front of the driver who refuses to move and go really slow in front of them. If they try and pass you or switch lanes, jump in front of them and keep doing it. I’ve done it many times.

-Quinn