PDA

View Full Version : ltr? How did you meet?

yodajazz
06-21-2007, 11:59 PM
For those of you who have been in long term relationships (ltr’s), how did you meet them?

This could be any type. As for me, my three most significant ones have come from being introduced by mutual friends. In my longest one, I was introduced by a former girlfriend who I had dated briefly several years before. Another was introduced by a former coworker, who I had a little crush on. And the third was by a friend, who introduced me to his sister. I think in all three, they brought the person to meet me.

So for me, the lesson is to be nice to people in general. You never know what gifts they might find for you.

marissaazts
06-22-2007, 12:01 AM
met sig other at bar that was mostly trans girls here in phoenix been together 9 yrs now

Ecstatic
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
What qualifies as an LTR these days? A second date? j/k

My wife and I recently celebrated our 26th anniversary, and have been together 31 years. Our first date was a movie, but we met a few months earlier. Actually, I met her before she met me. That is, we met at a mutual friend's house, where the ganga was always in high supply, and she just thought I was another of his dozens of stoner friends. But I soon rectified that perception.

Jericho
06-22-2007, 12:44 AM
My wife and I recently celebrated our 26th anniversary, and have been together 31 years.

Congrats on that. :D
I think that definitely qualifies as an LTR!

KO47
06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
What qualifies as an LTR these days? A second date? j/k

My wife and I recently celebrated our 26th anniversary, and have been together 31 years. Our first date was a movie, but we met a few months earlier. Actually, I met her before she met me. That is, we met at a mutual friend's house, where the ganga was always in high supply, and she just thought I was another of his dozens of stoner friends. But I soon rectified that perception.

But hey that was in what the 70s? Who wasn't smoking in the 70s? :lol:

Grats, btw.

mbf
06-22-2007, 01:42 AM
the last one i had which lasted ca. one year (well these days i think that can be considered a ltr) - i met the girl (antural born woman) in a park. i sat down on the bench next to her and started talking.

for some reason i cant see me dating coworkers or people within a friends circle. it just doesnt seem ok for me.

Ecstatic
06-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Thanks, Jericho and KO47. Folks here who know me know that my wife and I have an amazing relationship, an open marriage built on trust, love, and understanding. It's not right for everyone, but it works for us.

Thank you, lovey. Now I'll do the laundry as agreed. ;)

south ov da border
06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't say it's long term but 3 years with my track record is good.

We met online when i was in college, found out we grew up in the same neighborhood, went to the same schools, pediatrician, stores, probably saw eachother a few times. She even knew some of my family and we hadn't met. Been tight ever since...

qeuqheeg222
06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
i met my first tg ltr(3yrs) at the schwegmanns on annunciation street(grocery store).....................

justatransgirl
06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
She was streetwalking and I picked her up in my car... :-)

No actually, Jessica and I met briefly at a transgendered workshop, then a couple of weeks later I was going to a hormone clinic and saw her walking down the street nearby and offered her a ride to the clinic. ("Want some candy little girl...")

We chatted in the waiting room and after our appts I gave her a ride home and we continued chatting for like an hour sitting in the car at her place and we decided to meet for dinner a few days later when I was in town again.

We had a long range friendship before we became lovers. I think that was important to our continued success. We are still best friends and our friendship seems to grow stronger every day. She is sitting next to me at her computer as I write this. We sometimes lean over for a quick (or long) kiss.

Over time I started coming down just to see her... and the rest of our fabulously amazing love story will be in our upcoming book!

PS: We've been together "officially" 2 years in Sept.

Giggle,
TS Jamie

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-23-2007, 06:12 AM
I met mines diffeent ways: thru a friend, by phone and the last one by the internet. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

CORVETTEDUDE
06-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Shit....I thought an 'ltr' was a blow job and a six pack!!! :shrug