PDA

View Full Version : Songs you FUCKING HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Name em........................

I wanna say FUCK THE BRAXTONS for remaking "The Boss" originally done by Diana Ross

tsntx
06-21-2007, 12:50 AM
chumbawumbas pissing the night away or whatever... some lame streetwalker singing about lip gloss...
country + rap = crap....
tejano music...
anything from american idol... w/ maybe 2 song exceptions....
anything that is put in heavy rotation b/c of money and not talent...

i have tons

Mr_Choc69
06-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Any of this new Crunk or BS modern urban crap. What happened to real sounds like Tribe?

rick_932
06-21-2007, 12:52 AM
Any of this new Crunk or BS modern urban crap. What happened to real sounds like Tribe?

cosign, any bubblegum rap

BeardedOne
06-21-2007, 12:52 AM
This song has only six words.
This song has only six words.

Er....My Mind's Stuck On You by Goerge Harrison

LTR_Seeker
06-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Thought he sung got my mind set on you by george harrison?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-21-2007, 01:06 AM
any mix regarding anything remote to the electric slide...................seriously

PatrickFromNYC
06-21-2007, 01:12 AM
chumbawumbas pissing the night away or whatever... some lame streetwalker singing about lip gloss...
country + rap = crap....
tejano music...

i have tons

TSTX is SO right !!

Anything from American Idol is pure CRAP. Its simply a safely packaged image and nothing else !!..Legends like Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan,Tom Waits,Janis Joplin, Sly and the Family Stone..etc would NEVER get signed if they came out today.

Just because something is popular doesn't make it great.

Bic
06-21-2007, 01:13 AM
this is easy :)
any song by the following:
Creed(pearl jam wannabes + jesus freak)
nickelback
puddle of mud
three days grace
( all the looser light rock bands that sound the same)
staind
train
AFI
U2
linkin park
puff daddy
jay z
any of todays pop/rap/r&b artest
any band that almost all thier songs are sampled
Ozzy for his lame-o tv show and letting that stupid rapper sample crazy train

thats about it for now

how bands like POM and NB have a fan base is beyond me

*edit* andi cant stand the dave matthews band

LOCpunks
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Oooooo she made us drinks to drink, we drank em
got drunk and then i think she thinks i'm cool

...?

Bic
06-21-2007, 01:15 AM
country + rap = crap....
tejano music...

i have tons

TSTX is SO right !!

Anything from American Idol is pure CRAP. Its simply a safely packaged image and nothing else !!..Legends like Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan,Tom Waits,Janis Joplin, Sly and the Family Stone..etc would NEVER get signed if they came out today.

Just because something is popular doesn't make it great.

well said the both of you esp this line "anything that is put in heavy rotation b/c of money and not talent...
"

Bic
06-21-2007, 01:17 AM
oh i forgot to mention, the paris hiton crap, linsy loahan garable and stupid young girls that dont knwo if they are actoress or singers

goldensamba
06-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Anything by Fergie. That woman has a collection of the dumbest songe ever made.

Fergalicious? My Humps? Are you kidding me with this crap?

Bic
06-21-2007, 01:24 AM

yea nto to mention like no one knows she was in wild orcard. i have both thier CDs. i had the boggest crush on her back in the day. then she does a hit with BEP and suddenly she is a hit and every guy wants her. she sold out. sould out to rap cause its "cool" now-a-days

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-21-2007, 01:43 AM
macarena...........................

mbf
06-21-2007, 02:06 AM
anything by Nelly.

a bonafide mad-maker when heard: Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky.....

oh, and always a stomach-turner: BRITNEY!

Bic
06-21-2007, 02:16 AM
hey what about that stupid rap song that sampled Patric Swayze song shes like the wind. im mean for fucks sacke 'shes like the wind' i mean thats a good song but to sample it? what the fuck do poeple think when they do this? also some lame-o rapper sample bobby vintons, mr lonely. what is up with that???

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-21-2007, 02:17 AM
lol, anything by Wyclef Jean as a solo artist

Rory
06-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Usher- U Remind Me
4 Non Blondes- What's Up

stillies77
06-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Most rap made after 2001 is awful...now there are songs about low hangin' chains and now they actually ripped the beat of Stand by me...its all about beats now...wheres the lyrics?

ottorocket
06-21-2007, 07:33 AM
THat new one..about Rehab...omg i want to do drugs because of it.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Anything to do with Hip-Hop, Rap or Disco....ANYTHING!!!!

The Truth
06-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Anything by puff daddy, p diddy, diddy, whatever the fuck his name is.
Formulaic pop artists (bubble gum pop, boy bands, etc.)
Any artist that lip syncs during live performances. What part of LIVE music don't they get?

qeuqheeg222
06-21-2007, 07:47 AM
what was that shit from the 90's with the line about breakfast at tiffany's?good god...that and anything from celine dionakis

blckhaze
06-21-2007, 07:56 AM
most of rap post biggies death.
Lip gloss (Holy hell is that annoying)

sucka4chix
06-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Most rap made after 2001 is awful...now there are songs about low hangin' chains and now they actually ripped the beat of Stand by me...its all about beats now...wheres the lyrics?
What?! Are you kidding me?-----
"This is why I'm hot. I'm hot 'cause I'm fly. You ain't 'cause you
not."
Lyrical genius!!!!!!!!!!

SkyTwo
06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Two words: Jimmy Buffett

Nooksack
06-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Eiffel 65 - Blue
Just about everything played on the radio because it's usually either not a group's best songs and/or gets played into oblivion.

LTR_Seeker
06-21-2007, 02:49 PM
Puff daddy not one single orginal song ever people hail him like he paul mcartney or something lol

sucka4chix
06-21-2007, 04:27 PM
Puff daddy not one single orginal song ever people hail him like he paul mcartney or something lol
I don't think anyone ever hailed him like Paul Mccartney, but now that that you mention it, they do have some similarities:
Neither one can sing.
Neither one has made a song I like.
And it's a mystery why either one achieved the fame they did.

Jasadin
06-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Let's add an image to our disgust :lol:

MonsieurValentine
06-21-2007, 05:41 PM
nickelback
puddle of mud
three days grace
staind
train
AFI
U2
linkin park
puff daddy
jay z

thats about it for now

U2? Really? Do you have ears?

MonsieurValentine
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
daughtry sucks.

lupinIII
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I would like to put in a clarification, not all hip-hop after 2001 was bad, yes a lot of U.S. (I like Lupe Fiasco) stuff is over produced under developed trash, but British hip-hop has some of the best stuff I've heard in years (look for Wiley, The Streets, Roots Manuva and M.I.A.) and Aussie hip-hop has some fairly good new talents too, Hilltop Hoods aren't bad (I'm not a huge fan but I can see why they're liked), Koolism, The Herd, Bliss 'n' Esso are pretty damn good though, especially The Herd.

I put my 'Songs I FUCKING HATE' votes for the My Chemical Romance clone 'Billy Talent', good god that 'Fallen Leaves' song is horrifyingly awful.

Honourable mentions are Fall Out Boy's hits, Mika (I thought it was impossible but he managed to find the crap in both the Scissor Sisters and Queen and fuse them both into some god damn horrendous bollocks!) and that bloody new Linkin Park song with the video of all the ills in the world, like a former nu-metal current MRI single from a band we forgot about 3 years ago is going to do anything.

mbf
06-22-2007, 01:06 AM
yeah, i almost forgot:

Celine Dion. perfect recipe for aural mayhem (and the looks give you the creeps too)

Shakira

Limp Bizkit....and the list goes on

i apologize for slightly drifting away from the initial topic, but ALL songs performed by the above "artists" are sheer sonic terror

KO47
06-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Anything that is repetitive, especially if it's a repetitive chorus. And by repetitive I mean, you know those fucking songs that seem to loop after the first 5 fucking seconds? The Shakira Hips song from last summer and the Akon Smack That song are great examples.

Bic
06-22-2007, 01:35 AM

yea i agree, rap has taken a turn for the wrose. and HOW can anyone rip such a great song like stand by me??? theses are sad time we are in

Bic
06-22-2007, 01:36 AM
nickelback
puddle of mud
three days grace
staind
train
AFI
U2
linkin park
puff daddy
jay z

thats about it for now

U2? Really? Do you have ears?

yea, which is why i know U2 is terrible. i mean bono is a jackass. didnt he delay an entire flight cause he frogot his hat, or am i thinking of that stupid chick from 'goodfellas'? anyway i dont see any talent there

oh just cause i hate it doesnt make it bad. i guess they are good if people keep buying thier crap and the billborad nominates them and they win awards. to me that proves poeple like whats popular and not really what they like

jamesb121
07-12-2007, 01:06 AM
Mika- says it all really.......

Jericho
07-12-2007, 01:19 AM
The "Shong Shong" song.
Dunno what it's actually called, but it crops up in the film "A Fist full Of Dynamite"
As soon as i hear the first few bars of it, i have to switch channels, or it worms its way through my head for days....I FUKKEN HATE IT!

tsntx
07-12-2007, 01:30 AM
i hate "lean like a chulo", anything and everything w/ akon, "ure so beee-uuuu-teee-ful" or w/e the fuck sean preston idk or care... shit sux get off my radio jackasses

crayons
07-12-2007, 01:43 AM
country + rap = crap....

i have tons

i'm with you on these but would also like to include:

anything from ca$h money millionaires
anything from nelly
i'm actually getting tired of seeing beyonce everytime on mtv
that stupid song lipgloss by lil' momma
anything emo
the song glamorous by fergie. seriously. the lyrics piss me off more than anything. allow me to quote

"If you aint got no money take yo'broke ass home
You say: If you aint got no money take yo'broke ass home
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S, yeah G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S"

materialistic as fuck!

Legend
07-12-2007, 02:08 AM
While how did i miss this thread but i'm like jen i hate any song that combines to crap genres country and rap,that song by nelly and garth brooks was possible the worse song of the century.I also dislike any rap song played on the radio today its all the same someone wanting you to lean your shoulder or bounce something.

Tomfurbs
07-12-2007, 02:24 AM
That 'Umbrella' song by Rhianna...

what a load of old cobblers

Nch22now
07-12-2007, 03:14 AM
Fucking American Pie by Madonna, actually, any Fucking Madonna song. What a cunt she is.

tsntx
07-12-2007, 05:10 AM
haha i love umbrella and madonna lol :(

ugh totally hate taht lip gloss song

"my lip gloss be cool, my lip gloss be popping, all the boys are something... " i dk its just fucking stupid

Tomfurbs
07-12-2007, 05:23 AM
what does 'my lip gloss be poppin' mean?

sounds slightly painful

CORVETTEDUDE
07-12-2007, 05:40 AM
[quote="Tomfurbs"]what does 'my lip gloss be poppin' mean?

sounds slightly painful[/quote

It means you are, most likely ]GAY!!!!

Tomfurbs
07-12-2007, 05:48 AM
righteo

tsntx
07-12-2007, 06:09 AM
this should help ya....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QUTIOjZejFI

.... wanna kill yourself.

bubbski
07-12-2007, 07:15 AM
TSNTX: Check out Rihanna's performance of "Umbrella" in Tokyo...highlight of the whole 24 hours or so IMHO

http://entimg.msn.com/i/ExperienceData/p1-7/us/x.htm?sh=LiveEarth&ep=le_tokyo&ch=34

Other than that...music I hate...The Fox News Theme and any music used on the Bill O Reilly programme.

samiam
07-12-2007, 07:32 AM
I hate that fucking song "you are so beautiful girl thats why it will never work you got me suicidal blah fucking blah

youcancallmeclaire
07-12-2007, 09:40 AM
As a musician and an audio engineer, I feel especially sensitive to terrible music.

All of the new rap that seems to be coming out lately is just some guy yelling about something that only people on his block actually care about... over and over and over.

Ludacris to me seems like a particularly terrible artist. He took a vocal inflection that would have been novel for one or two songs, and built a hugely irritating career around it.

I don't really know anything about his lyrical capabilities... but even if he were a song writing genius... It's kind like Primus, who proved that you can have one of the best bassists in the world in your band, and somehow remain mindnumbingly stupid.

Here are some other things that irritate the crap out of me:

99% of cover songs.
Have we really run out of ideas after only 60 or so years of modern music?

Missy Elliot. She wears pink camo. That's not going to hide anything.
In one of her videos she's hanging from a chandelier by her arm, but it's pretty clear she's suspended by cables. (Sisqo did something like this in the thong song video as well and ended up looking like he was autistic.)
Anyway, Here's something to think about: If you lack the ability to hold your own weight up, why would you put something like that in your video? Is it fantasy maybe? Like... since I can't support my weight in real life, I'll live out my dream on video with cheesy special effects instead?

That "Swing Swing" song. I don't know who sings it. I don't care. My brain oozes pus when that song is played.

Nickelback. Worst band in history. Pulled a fast one on their dimwitted fans by releasing the same song twice with different lyrics. Laughed all the way to the bank. Should be shot for treason.

Creed. Singer has the third hugest ego next to Bono and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Holla Back Girl. WTF is this song about???? It reminds me of that "I know what boys want" song from the 80's. It's as if someone wrote these pieces of trash with the sole purpose of being as annoying as possible for 3 minutes straight.

9 million emo / hardcore / country / industrial vocalists that sound identical.

And speaking of country vocalists... why would you build an entire genre around the vocal stylings of alvin and the chipmunks?? Am I missing something?

That "I'm like a bird" song. I heard it at work the other day and I swear the chorus plays more than a dozen times. Here's a hint... once you write a catchy riff... don't copy-paste 18 times and call it a song.

Limp Bizkit. If they weren't bad enough on their own, they made it big on a cover song. Assholes.

The With Teeth album by Nine Inch Nails. ...Lyrical depth like a kiddie pool. Kill yourself, or go back to doing heroin atleast.

Not to mention the hordes of modern mindless pop-zombies that are somehow even more manufactured than the mainstream hair metal fiasco of the 80's.

After hanging around the fringes of the music industry, I learned exactly what pop was. There is not a single note of creativity in pop music. Every second is formulated for the sole purpose of lining someone's pockets. But... I'm sure people know this. Yet they devour it anyway.

Music is pretty much what taught me how offensively stupid we really are as a collective.

Piracy is our best weapon against horrible music. Take the cash flow out of art.

Anyone who disagrees... is creating art for all the wrong reasons.

This is probably the angriest post you'll ever see from me.

~Claire[/img]

DJ_Asia
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
As a musician and an audio engineer, I feel especially sensitive to terrible music.

All of the new rap that seems to be coming out lately is just some guy yelling about something that only people on his block actually care about... over and over and over.

Ludacris to me seems like a particularly terrible artist. He took a vocal inflection that would have been novel for one or two songs, and built a hugely irritating career around it.

I don't really know anything about his lyrical capabilities... but even if he were a song writing genius... It's kind like Primus, who proved that you can have one of the best bassists in the world in your band, and somehow remain mindnumbingly stupid.

Here are some other things that irritate the crap out of me:

99% of cover songs.
Have we really run out of ideas after only 60 or so years of modern music?

Missy Elliot. She wears pink camo. That's not going to hide anything.
In one of her videos she's hanging from a chandelier by her arm, but it's pretty clear she's suspended by cables. (Sisqo did something like this in the thong song video as well and ended up looking like he was autistic.)
Anyway, Here's something to think about: If you lack the ability to hold your own weight up, why would you put something like that in your video? Is it fantasy maybe? Like... since I can't support my weight in real life, I'll live out my dream on video with cheesy special effects instead?

That "Swing Swing" song. I don't know who sings it. I don't care. My brain oozes pus when that song is played.

Nickelback. Worst band in history. Pulled a fast one on their dimwitted fans by releasing the same song twice with different lyrics. Laughed all the way to the bank. Should be shot for treason.

Creed. Singer has the third hugest ego next to Bono and Yngwie Malmsteen.

Holla Back Girl. WTF is this song about???? It reminds me of that "I know what boys want" song from the 80's. It's as if someone wrote these pieces of trash with the sole purpose of being as annoying as possible for 3 minutes straight.

9 million emo / hardcore / country / industrial vocalists that sound identical.

And speaking of country vocalists... why would you build an entire genre around the vocal stylings of alvin and the chipmunks?? Am I missing something?

That "I'm like a bird" song. I heard it at work the other day and I swear the chorus plays more than a dozen times. Here's a hint... once you write a catchy riff... don't copy-paste 18 times and call it a song.

Limp Bizkit. If they weren't bad enough on their own, they made it big on a cover song. Assholes.

The With Teeth album by Nine Inch Nails. ...Lyrical depth like a kiddie pool. Kill yourself, or go back to doing heroin atleast.

Not to mention the hordes of modern mindless pop-zombies that are somehow even more manufactured than the mainstream hair metal fiasco of the 80's.

After hanging around the fringes of the music industry, I learned exactly what pop was. There is not a single note of creativity in pop music. Every second is formulated for the sole purpose of lining someone's pockets. But... I'm sure people know this. Yet they devour it anyway.

Music is pretty much what taught me how offensively stupid we really are as a collective.

Piracy is our best weapon against horrible music. Take the cash flow out of art.

~Claire[/img]

Good stuff Claire.I dont share the angst you feel on every point you raised but the sentiment is spot on.

I found it humurous that Yngwie has a bigger ego then Dave Mustaine(thats sayin sumpthin!)

And I agree completely that pop music is 101% total pig feces and anyone that consumes it is either:

A. too lazy to change the channel
B. too ignorant to know theres a choice
C. too fucking stupid to know hes consuming pig feces
D. All his homies like it so its gotta be cool

What bothers me however is that pop music in the late 60s and early 70s wasnt prefabricated lipsynching bleach blonde bimbettes pouting their way through yet another tired music video,or some 14 y.o. emo screaming about all the worlds indignities...

I guess the Buggles were right afterall.

youcancallmeclaire
07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
The problem with modern communication mediums like the internet (or billboard / ascap / bmi / whatever) is that it allows one to gather statistical information on what the majority of people find easiest to digest and can hold their nanosecond attention spans hostage long enough to get them to buy something.

It reminds me of those fleamarket vendors who are always trying to sell bulk defective chinese tshirts with eagles and generic americana on them. It's a bottom-feeding sale that was made with the intention of profiting off the legacy of something that really matters.

Like the industry and it's constant exploitation and emulation of hardworking, truly passionate independent artists.

Azanti
07-12-2007, 12:13 PM
the birdy song

covers.

eviltwin585
07-12-2007, 02:10 PM
one way, or anotha, im gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha
getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha
getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha getcha

alright already- jesus.

LG
07-12-2007, 02:50 PM
You know what I fucking hate? I hate it when someone does a cover version of an old song. I don't necessarily hate the covers, some of them are good, but it fucking annoys that nobody ever gives a shit about what the original sounded like and who performed or song it.

American Pie was written and performed by Don McLean as a tribute to Buddy Holly, but now people only think of Madonna when they hear about it. Comfortably Numb was a Pink Floyd song before the Scissor Sisters ever existed. Somebody to Love was not written by the Boogie Pimps, for crying out loud. Hey Baby was first recorded by Bruce Channel, for fuck's sake, not DJ Otzi or Crazy Frog.

I fucking hate Crazy Frog! Hatred does not begin to describe the feelings I have for the stupid little amphibian. I wish he'd fuck off to a lake somewhere in the everglades and get chewed on by an alligator. The fucking twat.

I dislike gimmicks like that in music. What the fuck was Flat Eric, the strange puppet that appeared in Mr Oizo's Flat Beat music video? Interestingly Mr Oizo's latest EP is apparently titled "Transexual" and is dedicated to TS composer Wendy Carlos.

Then there's Boney M. I fucking hate Boney with a vengeance. Their Christmas album is pretty popular in my town so I get to hear it, again and again every day for two-three weeks at Christmastime. Drives me fucking nuts! For fuck's sake!

I don't care too much for Abba. I dislike boy bands even more. I would be willing to pay good money to see members of NSync and the Backstreet Boys fight to the death. Ninja stars and nunchakus could be allowed. Last man standing has to listen to New Kids on The Block until his ears literally bleed.

Finally, any artist who lipsynchs during their concert should just be dragged into the street and shot.

For fuck's sake!

Coucoupietre
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Whitney Houston, I will always love you

dderek123
07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
anything by Nickelback, they funkin blow

sucka4chix
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Just because you own a copy of "garage band" doesn't make you an audio engineer!!! As an audio engineer you should know your job is to get the performance on your media and manipulate it to sound as good as it can. I don't think you can do that as opinionated as you are. Would never want you recording for me!!! Probably don't know a SM57 from a RE20 anyway.

Stick to the music that you know, it's obviously very limited. You have no credibility in your discussion of hip-hop. Modern day hip-hop is awful, I'll give you that one, BUT LUDA IS ONE OF THE FEW BRIGHT SPOTS. He is the king of the south, sorry TI, and probably the nation. He can and has rapped in every style of rap there is... from booty bass in the deep south, to gangster in the west, bragadocia from up top, you name it. He can rap fast or slow. He can be silly or serious. He's the ONLY rapper today that can make it today yet still jump on the way back machine and top the charts in the old school, classic days.And, on top of that he "even knows his english, his verbs and nouns". So find another name in your google search for whack rappers.

Although I hate Ferrell because close inspection shows he only has about 3 beats he uses on everything, it was actually quite CREATIVE to use a marching band cadence to power a pop song. The way the beat is slightly different every measure, then looped after 4, shows he did at least put some work into it. The result was very different from anything else out and Stefani's lyrical stylings made it very high school, which was perfect for the beat. One of the most ARTSY songs ever. Please go back to critique school!

~Claire[/img]
It's obvious you have a genre of music and a lifestyle that you subscribe to/have been brainwashed by, and anything not fitting those categories sucks. These are all your OPINIONS and should be offered as such. You haven't been on this planet long enough to have any cred on any of this as far as I'm concerned. Just another "designo", as we used to call 'em in school, mad at the establishment. Ironically, you're not original, but a clone that can be found near universities all over the country decked out in black.Mindnumbing isn't it?

sucka4chix
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Fucking American Pie by Madonna, actually, any Fucking Madonna song. What a cunt she is.
LOL, you're just mad 'cause she lives there!!! She's only the most prolific hit maker EVER!!

dderek123
07-12-2007, 04:49 PM
~Claire[/img]

Let me buy you a draaaaannnnk!

~Claire[/img]

Their drummer was also phenomenal. He left the band after the Tails From the Punchbowl album (it has the Wynona's Big Brown Beaver song).

A
~Claire[/img]

I especially hate the part where they start singing about bananas or something.

~Claire[/img]

co-signed

~Claire[/img]

I disagree, and I'm not creating art in any capacity. I believe piracy is only a catalyst for the music industry to pump out more horrible crap. With consumers pirating music for free, there is less money to be made on album sales. The smaller the profit margins the less risks record companies can take. The less risks they can take the more likely new, undiscovered talent that is different from the mainstream will not get the exposure they need to become popular.
The same thing is happening to the movie industry, ever since DVD burners and blank DVDs became cheap look at how many re-makes of old movies and sequels have been made.
Like the music industry the movie industry is seeking the easy way out by pumping out the same crap over and over because it is more likely to be popular/profitable because it is mainstream. The less money in sales the less risks you can take and the less diverse the finished products can be.

sucka4chix
07-12-2007, 05:06 PM

~Claire[/img]

I disagree, and I'm not creating art in any capacity. I believe piracy is only a catalyst for the music industry to pump out more horrible crap. With consumers pirating music for free, there is less money to be made on album sales. The smaller the profit margins the less risks record companies can take. The less risks they can take the more likely new, undiscovered talent that is different from the mainstream will not get the exposure they need to become popular.
The same thing is happening to the movie industry, ever since DVD burners and blank DVDs became cheap look at how many re-makes of old movies and sequels have been made.
Like the music industry the movie industry is seeking the easy way out by pumping out the same crap over and over because it is more likely to be popular/profitable because it is mainstream. The less money in sales the less risks you can and the less diverse the finished products can be.
Wow! That's an extremely valid point! Never thought of it that way.

dderek123
07-12-2007, 05:34 PM

~Claire[/img]

Like the music industry the movie industry is seeking the easy way out by pumping out the same crap over and over because it is more likely to be popular/profitable because it is mainstream. The less money in sales the less risks you can and the less diverse the finished products can be.

Thanks, but it makes sense to me.
The one sort of good thing to come from the increase of music piracy is that it seems to have forced the industry to focus more on making money from live concerts. That way only artists that can perform live will be very successful as the recording companies will financially back them in the studio and on tour.
BUT, it seems they found a way to pump out horrible crap live on stage as well. They load the performance up with pyrotechnics, giant screens, girls dressed in next to nothing wagging there tits and ass at you, no-talent artists who lip synch while dancing around to strange and very sexually explicit choreography, and so on and so on... It's all just to distract you from how ear bleedingly awful the performance is (that you most likely paid way too much for is).

dderek123
07-12-2007, 05:39 PM

~Claire[/img]

Thanks, but it makes sense to me.
The one sort of good thing to come from the increase of music piracy is that it seems to have forced the industry to focus more on making money from live concerts. That way only artists that can perform live will be very successful as the recording companies will financially back them in the studio and on tour.
BUT, it seems they found a way to pump out horrible crap live on stage as well. They load the performance up with pyrotechnics, giant screens, girls dressed in next to nothing wagging there tits and ass at you, no-talent artists who lip synch while dancing around to strange and very sexually explicit choreography, and so on and so on... It's all just to distract you from how ear-bleedingly awful the performance is (that you most likely paid way too much for is).

But despite being all cynical about the music industry, i still love going to concerts. I saw the Rolling Stones twice this year.
Also, buying a new CD and actually enjoying it all the way through is still a great pleasure for me (on the rare occasion that it happens).

Steve-Russell
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Anything by Akon, that guy should be bloody well hung :lol:

Take Care

Steve

crayons
07-13-2007, 01:55 AM
i hate "lean like a chulo", anything and everything w/ akon, "ure so beee-uuuu-teee-ful" or w/e the fuck sean preston idk or care... shit sux get off my radio jackasses

we must have a similar thought pattern because i too cannot stand akon. did you see him when he appeared on american idol to perform with gwen stefani? he honestly just said "heeyyyy hooooo heyyyyy hooooo" and thats it. what kind of talent is needed for that?

crayons
07-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Like the music industry the movie industry is seeking the easy way out by pumping out the same crap over and over because it is more likely to be popular/profitable because it is mainstream. The less money in sales the less risks you can take and the less diverse the finished products can be.

i completely agree with you. it's a shame how the industry (both music and film) don't realize the only reason people pirate the product is because they don't consider the real thing worth the purchase.

sucka4chix
07-13-2007, 02:53 AM
i completely agree with you. it's a shame how the industry (both music and film) don't realize the only reason people pirate the product is because they don't consider the real thing worth the purchase.

That is sooooooo not true. Most people pirate stuff (1) because they are cheap; (2) because they can!!
I know plenty of well to do folks who love the stuff they get illegally, but they figure why pay when I can get it free, or at a bargain. Still others like to show their hacking expertise--- "there's not a dvd made I can't rip". It's an ego thing.

mbf
07-13-2007, 03:07 AM
BUT, it seems they found a way to pump out horrible crap live on stage as well. They load the performance up with pyrotechnics, giant screens, girls dressed in next to nothing wagging there tits and ass at you, no-talent artists who lip synch while dancing around to strange and very sexually explicit choreography, and so on and so on... It's all just to distract you from how ear bleedingly awful the performance is (that you most likely paid way too much for is).

well since i am from europe i got a different view. over here big big parts of music consumption have been occupied by dance music and parties with music provided by dj/producer types. thats been goin on at least since 15 ys and only the recent popularity of "The" bands has changed that somewhat ( "the" bands as in '"The Arctic monkeys etc.) easily marketable.

amercian idol type bands/singers are a true expression of how uncreative the music industry really is. same with mtv. i dunno what american mtv is like, but euro-mtv sucks dirty ass. they have shitloads of classic-videos in their vaults (or on hd rather by now) yet their programme is full of "date my mom" trash.

the music industry is about to collaps, and that by free will. id pay for something new and creative, yet pls show it to me!

Rogers
07-13-2007, 03:26 AM
The song, "Seasons in the Sun", by anyone. And James Blunt's, "You're beautiful". :puke

vanished
07-13-2007, 03:30 AM
Sabatoge by Beasty Boys - I get angry and want to smash their faces. Well, maybe not that angry but it's 100% garbage and annoying as f.

youcancallmeclaire
07-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Just because you own a copy of "garage band" doesn't make you an audio engineer!!! As an audio engineer you should know your job is to get the performance on your media and manipulate it to sound as good as it can. I don't think you can do that as opinionated as you are. Would never want you recording for me!!! Probably don't know a SM57 from a RE20 anyway.

Stick to the music that you know, it's obviously very limited. You have no credibility in your discussion of hip-hop. Modern day hip-hop is awful, I'll give you that one, BUT LUDA IS ONE OF THE FEW BRIGHT SPOTS. He is the king of the south, sorry TI, and probably the nation. He can and has rapped in every style of rap there is... from booty bass in the deep south, to gangster in the west, bragadocia from up top, you name it. He can rap fast or slow. He can be silly or serious. He's the ONLY rapper today that can make it today yet still jump on the way back machine and top the charts in the old school, classic days.And, on top of that he "even knows his english, his verbs and nouns". So find another name in your google search for whack rappers.

Although I hate Ferrell because close inspection shows he only has about 3 beats he uses on everything, it was actually quite CREATIVE to use a marching band cadence to power a pop song. The way the beat is slightly different every measure, then looped after 4, shows he did at least put some work into it. The result was very different from anything else out and Stefani's lyrical stylings made it very high school, which was perfect for the beat. One of the most ARTSY songs ever. Please go back to critique school!

~Claire[/img]
It's obvious you have a genre of music and a lifestyle that you subscribe to/have been brainwashed by, and anything not fitting those categories sucks. These are all your OPINIONS and should be offered as such. You haven't been on this planet long enough to have any cred on any of this as far as I'm concerned. Just another "designo", as we used to call 'em in school, mad at the establishment. Ironically, you're not original, but a clone that can be found near universities all over the country decked out in black.Mindnumbing isn't it?

It's so cute how this is a thread about people's opinions, yet you come down on me with a bunch of assuming, childish ad-hominem for stating MY opinion like everyone else here.
You could have said, "Yeah Claire, You probably just heard some shitty Ludacris songs, I suggest this song. You might like it."

It took me awhile to decide if this was even worth replying to because I didn't want to step into your territorial pissings by ruining your delusion that you're the only engineer on planet earth.
You know nothing about me, and I could really give a shit less about what you think you know, but I think it's funny how quick you were to condemn someone you've never met.
And the fact that you even bother insulting someone on an internet forum in the first place is completely counterproductive. So with that said, I'm not going to waste any more time dwelling on your trolling.

Bye.

crayons
07-13-2007, 11:39 PM
That is sooooooo not true. Most people pirate stuff (1) because they are cheap; (2) because they can!!
I know plenty of well to do folks who love the stuff they get illegally, but they figure why pay when I can get it free, or at a bargain. Still others like to show their hacking expertise--- "there's not a dvd made I can't rip". It's an ego thing.

i disagree with you wholeheartedly. nothing can replace the real product. when people pirate something, usually they're curious what the product is like. sometimes (yes) they are cheap or just don't want to shell out X amount of dollars for something they consider sub-par of worth it.

if you watch (for example) a film, and you are thoroughly impressed, the only thing that will make you consider whether or not to get a bootleg copy of the product is a). the price b). down the road you know there will be an extended version with more bonus features etc. a good example is Kill Bill. If you bought both versions on DVD, prepare to consider them useless in October.

another reason is because films and music now have just degenerated to being utter cank- so whats the point in anyone taking both these industries serious. they churn out garbage faster than you purchase it: and there is A LOT of it around.

i'm not advocating for pirating anything- nor i'm i saying it's okay, just offering an opinion of why it's happening.

btw check this thread out (http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=22454).

TJT
07-14-2007, 01:17 AM
The song, "Seasons in the Sun", by anyone. And James Blunt's, "You're beautiful". :puke

I've got a punked up/changed lyrics version "Seasons in The Sun" on an old Enigma sampler that's pretty good. The guy gets revenge on everyone before he dies.

Mine,
1a. Stairway to Heaven
1b. Freebird.

If you were ever in a bar band or worked at "rock" radio station in the 70's/80's you know why.

dderek123
07-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Hi everyone,

Love this thread. But I'd like to share a cheap source of decent music with everyone. It's called Last.fm. It's internet radio but a program you can download (for free) will keep track of what you listen to create more radio stations. It will also keep track of what you play in winamp/wmp for the same purpose.

Also, you can type in a band you like and it will play songs from various artists that are similar to the artist that you entered. They seem to have everything under the sun, and the audio quality is decent. I suggest anyone to check it out. Also, I hear Pandora.com is very good. But, I never tried it because it's not available in Canada.

Cheers

Iggy
07-14-2007, 08:31 PM
The Joker by The Steve Miller Band

Some people call me the space cowboy.
Yeah! Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me Maurice,
'Cause I speak of the pompatus of love.

with that awful cheesy wolf whistle guitar bit in the verse.
And what the fuck is pomatus supposed to mean?

What a c*nt.
Sorry Homer, but it's crap!

gaiseric
07-14-2007, 11:40 PM
With regard to 'pompatus of love' I heard an interview many years ago with either a member of the group or someone who knew the songwriter very well. It seems that the writer was trying to use a French term to do with love etc, and he managed to come up with an incorrect mis-spelt word. The word the guy was after may even refer to a small puppet in a certain type of French puppet show. That seems to ring a bell, but it was so long ago, I can't really be sure.
Maybe someone elso has a better memory than me.

TJT
07-14-2007, 11:56 PM
It was 1973,Steve Miller,like every one else around then,was stoned out of his gourd. I miss those drugs.

sucka4chix
07-15-2007, 11:12 AM
You know nothing about me, and I could really give a shit less about what you think you know, but I think it's funny how quick you were to condemn someone you've never met.
Bye.

No, what's funny is how your post was all about that--- condemning people and shit you know nothing about.
I didn't condemn you, you're doing that all by yourself.

Bye

youcancallmeclaire
07-16-2007, 02:10 AM
No, what's funny is how your post was all about that--- condemning people and shit you know nothing about.
I didn't condemn you, you're doing that all by yourself.

Bye

Condemning people who have sold themselves as a product and made their musical image into a media freakshow.
I criticize only the bullshit I can see and hear.

mbf
09-07-2007, 11:01 AM
blame fucking daytime-radio for that bump

I was kinda forced to listen to that crap when i was in a shop recently...

ANYTHING by John Bon Jovi

aural AND aesthetical catastrophy that guy....

Dino Velvet
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I have to admit that I am somewhat limited in the types of music I like. I like Classic Rock/Hard Rock/70-80's Punk/80-90s Metal and Traditional/Outlaw Country.

I absolutely do not like rap/hip-hop/disco/funk, Emo/Wanna Be Punk(Green Day Type Crap), Bubble Gum Poppy Country, Pop/Top 40(Madonna especially, SeaLion Dion, Fergie, Gwen Stefani, etc), Boy Bands, and 7-11/Usama Bin Laden music.

hwbs
09-07-2007, 02:05 PM
all new rap in heavy rotation except game , common , kanye....rap songs with gay catch phrases or stupid dances...while we are on rap , HOT97 for only playing 30 seconds of a song like trl...

anything considered emo or guys with gay haircuts and trendy suits.. ...anything that i left out from top 40 all nees to go to the trash...

dreamer
09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
the reason I "hate" this song --is because I love the person it reminds me of ----I don't know the title of it --don't even know the band ----but the opening line is "I'm not a perfect person" ----and it goes on to sing about --how changing his life is/was worth it --for her ---

AND THE REASON IS YOOOOOOOOUUU ------

choked up even writing this ---thank you ---I hate it only cuz it hurts so bad ---otherwise it's a beautiful song ---

manbearpig
09-07-2007, 07:05 PM
That 'Umbrella' song by Rhianna...

what a load of old cobblers

Fuck that song. I hope she dies...[insert crazed twitching]

and I agree with the other guy, 99.9% of rap and hip hop after 2001. I'd even go so far as to say 1997.

Good Charlotte, Fallout Boy, Saosin, etc. They all suck and sound the same. Seriously, stop whining and play some fucking music.

dreamer
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Hey --I found it ---makes me sob (literally) ---I want nothing more than for her knock on my door -----she said it was her song to me ----I wouldn't forgive her then ----and now it's my song to her right back ----I dunno ---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOwUNTN0kNs

I guess I just needed to say this --somehow --

youcancallmeclaire
09-07-2007, 08:41 PM
AND THE REASON IS YOOOOOOOOUUU ------

choked up even writing this ---thank you ---I hate it only cuz it hurts so bad ---otherwise it's a beautiful song ---

No, it really isn't beautiful. More like... lyrically and technically impotent.

Like... a 14 year-old's diary.

Just thinking about it sucks the creativity from my brain.

manbearpig
09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rN2VqFPNS8w

lol! I'm sure someone hates it. But it tickles my funny bone.

thorn
09-07-2007, 09:28 PM
"Hey There Delilah" -- makes me wince everytime I hear that stupid acoustic guitar (muffled sound), the treacly sweet string section and that WHINEY bastard singing!!

double_cheese13
09-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Lean Like A Cholo. I went to school with a shit load of cholos and thay were all huge pussies. It's a song about ignorant pussies who are'nt shit unless they have back up with them or maybe gun. Elbows out and suck a cock you fuckin pussy ass cholos.

mbf
09-07-2007, 09:58 PM
the most unnerving thing about "songs you fucking hate" is, if you hear one of those you very often cant get them outta your head for hours!!!!!

what a punishing aspect!

MonsieurValentine
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I agree. "Big Girls Don't Cry". So catchy, but it drives me insane. "Like a child misses their blanket?" Really? That's what you decided to go with?

Trans_Lover
09-07-2007, 11:45 PM
that Amy Winehouse song "rehab" fucking sucks

Legend
09-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Any hip hop song on the radio nowadays.

manbearpig
09-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Any hip hop song on the radio nowadays.

amazing how all the good hip hop goes unpublicized...

unless it has anything to do with dave chappelle, you won't hear anything about the likes of Talib Kweli, The Roots, Pharoah Monch or Mos Def (anyone else think he made a good Ford Prefect in Hitchhikers Guide?)

CrazyAboutTGirls
09-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Is it due to the fact it is so obviously a cry for attention / to be controversial that no one has hammered the guy saying that shit about Paul MacCartney?

Some people are so imature it is extra-ordinary.

For my two penneth, how about that fucking Cliff Richard version of The Lord's Prayer, you know the one to the tune of Auld Lang Syne?

What a chief.

biguy4tvtscd
09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
"Hey There Delilah"

Agreed. Commercial Radio seems to be doing everything in it's power to burn that fucker out as quickly as possible. I swear I hear it 4-5 times a day in my office.

Holla Back Girl
Sweet Escape
- Gwen Stefani

I don't know what happened to this woman. No Doubt had some pretty damn good tunes (imho). The whole Tragic Kingdom album was good.
Lately she'd rather be a pop diva than and actual songstress, so she puts out this weak ass bubblegum pop that just plain sucks.
I mean, you know you've hit rock bottom when "Kidz Rock" remakes your music.

Cha Cha Slide
- DJ Casper

Really, as if the Electric Slide wasn't suicide inducing enough, now we need this "new and improved" version? HELP!

Anything by Jay Z

My god, what mind altering substances are people taking to believe that this hack has a shred of talent?
Cripes, the music to nearly every song is no more than a rip off (oh wait, excuse me...sample :roll: ) of someone else's music, and the lyrics are no more than Jay feeding his own ego and sucking his own dick.
In a just world, he would be collecting garbage.

manbearpig
09-08-2007, 01:01 AM
"Hey There Delilah"

Agreed. Commercial Radio seems to be doing everything in it's power to burn that fucker out as quickly as possible. I swear I hear it 4-5 times a day in my office.

Holla Back Girl
Sweet Escape
- Gwen Stefani

I don't know what happened to this woman. No Doubt had some pretty damn good tunes (imho). The whole Tragic Kingdom album was good.
Lately she'd rather be a pop diva than and actual songstress, so she puts out this weak ass bubblegum pop that just plain sucks.
I mean, you know you've hit rock bottom when "Kidz Rock" remakes your music.

Cha Cha Slide
- DJ Casper

Really, as if the Electric Slide wasn't suicide inducing enough, now we need this "new and improved" version? HELP!

Anything by Jay Z

My god, what mind altering substances are people taking to believe that this hack has a shred of talent?
Cripes, the music to nearly every song is no more than a rip off (oh wait, excuse me...sample :roll: ) of someone else's music, and the lyrics are no more than Jay feeding his own ego and sucking his own dick.
In a just world, he would be collecting garbage.

There's a dude on myspace who did an awesome remix to holla back girl lol it's hilarious. I'll try to find it later!

jsroland
09-08-2007, 02:19 AM
Every fucking reggaeton song ever made past, present, future. That shit is just as or possibly even more annoying than country. HOLYFUCKINGSHIT...AAAARRRRGGGGG!!!!! Classic rock except for Bowie and Black Sabbath. Emo bands. Ect. Too many to name.

youcancallmeclaire
09-08-2007, 02:42 AM
I didn't know there were actually people who hated classic rock.

jsroland
09-08-2007, 02:49 AM
I didn't know there were actually people who hated classic rock.You learn something new every day.

Toro
09-08-2007, 04:43 AM
Two words: Jimmy Buffett

lol... amen

how about i hate any song that's being blasted out of a car so loud that you can hear it a half mile away.

alphanumeric
09-08-2007, 04:49 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W91sqAs-_-g

:lol:

Snoriega27
09-08-2007, 05:12 AM
Maybe already mentioned...didn't read all the posts:

Queen - "You're My Best Friend"

Used to work at a bar that had this on the jukebox.

ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

tonkatoy
09-08-2007, 05:18 AM
whatever that song was a few years ago with the baby making a baby sound, it was by some group, the baby sound was part of the refrain or something, it made me want to run the Mack over the local radio station.

Jaymz
09-08-2007, 06:12 AM
MMMMMMMMMM By The Crash Test Dummies
Dumbest Shit Ever Written If It Was Even Written I Think It Was Made Up As They Went Along.

Toro
09-08-2007, 07:20 AM
"Can't Touch This" MC Hammer... I mean, there's sampling, and then there's downright duplication.

CORVETTEDUDE
09-08-2007, 07:33 AM
RAP...RAP...RAP...RAP...RAP...RAP...RAP..... I fuckin' hate RAP!!! :puke :smh :thumbsdown :banghead :crap :moon

Kabuki
09-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Anything by Vanilla Ice. WTF. People actually purchased his album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-is6S_b_g

CrazyAboutTGirls
09-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Ok, anything by Shaggy, that guy says about three words per song, some penis sings the rest, and it gets called a Shaggy song. He must be one of the luckiest twats ever to walk the earth.

Also, wind beneath my wings, by any cunt that sang it ever. Talk about an ego trip, to paraphrase the lyrics

'I'm ace, on top of the world. Thanks for letting me shit on you to get there'

End of rant.

jsroland
09-08-2007, 11:25 PM
Ok, anything by Shaggy, that guy says about three words per song, some penis sings the rest, and it gets called a Shaggy song. He must be one of the luckiest twats ever to walk the earth.

Also, wind beneath my wings, by any cunt that sang it ever. Talk about an ego trip, to paraphrase the lyrics

'I'm ace, on top of the world. Thanks for letting me shit on you to get there'

End of rant.Yeah that guy(shaggy) sings like he just ate some devil dogs, You ever try to talk after eating those things? He should drink a lot of water before he goes into the studio.

Legend
10-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm started to get annoyed by this song called "hey there delilah" its not a bad song but it's being played every second on most of our local stations.

Night Rider
10-25-2007, 02:06 PM
My no. 1 worst song his without a doubt Hanson - Um Bop

[every time i hear it i want to go on a killing spree]