PDA

View Full Version : after the split - what to do with your ex-bf/gfs?

mbf
06-20-2007, 08:40 AM
well, i guess this happens to all of us, sometimes. love withers.

so after you split up, how is your relation towards your ex-bf/gfs?

do you still keep in touch, or do you burn all bridges, especially if she/he says " But we still can be friends" (yeah, sure....lol)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
well, i guess this happens to all of us, sometimes. love withers.

so after you split up, how is your relation towards your ex-bf/gfs?

do you still keep in touch, or do you burn all bridges, especially if she/he says " But we still can be friends" (yeah, sure....lol)

The last two recent men (one for 3 years the other 2 years) in my life I burned bridges with. All others I'm still friends with. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

BeardedOne
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
The last two recent men (one for 3 years the other 2 years) in my life I burned bridges with.

Is the Department of Homeland Security aware of this? :wink:

User
06-20-2007, 09:35 AM
They're my ex for a reason. I burn bridges.

TJT
06-20-2007, 12:13 PM
I use a wood chipper.

Cat
06-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I explode bridges.

The Truth
06-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I've killed all of them after we break up. I am a bad breaker-upper.

CORVETTEDUDE
06-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I have friendly relationships with all but one.

Quinn
06-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I usually have to be close friends with a woman for a long time before I'll date her in any serious fashion – so we're almost always close friends afterward. I can only think of two women where that hasn't been the case. The first is dead, so friendship isn't an option. The second keeps in touch, though I wouldn't characterize her as a close friend.

-Quinn

rvince
06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
among the 2 ones that counted the most to me, I've lost track of one. With the other every couple years one of us finds the other's new address via google and we exchange some news.

Nooksack
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I think that it totally depends upon the nature of your break-up. My best friend and I dated for 5 years but when we realized that we weren't right for each other we shifted to friends with benefits and the actual friendship has become even stronger. At the other end, I dated one girl and ended up getting a restraining order put on her after she keyed the hell out of my car.

MonsieurValentine
06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
stay friends. get over it. life is too short.

Mr_Choc69
06-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Depends on the split. Sometimes it is best just to leave things alone.

KO47
06-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Friends with all of them. I guess it helped that we were up front about it and knew exactly what we wanted out of the relationship--that is nothing long term :D

TheOne1
06-21-2007, 05:16 AM
me and my sister still get along great

eagleman12
06-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Still friends with them all

blckhaze
06-21-2007, 08:00 AM
samething i did with my books when i graduated high school: Bonefire in the back yard, and avoid contact whereever possible.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
stay friends. get over it. life is too short.

LOL Sure. If the guys were nice and decent why not? But if they're con artist then I dont need the ties and be further stressed even being friends with them. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

KO47
06-22-2007, 12:40 AM
I think that it totally depends upon the nature of your break-up. My best friend and I dated for 5 years but when we realized that we weren't right for each other we shifted to friends with benefits and the actual friendship has become even stronger. At the other end, I dated one girl and ended up getting a restraining order put on her after she keyed the hell out of my car.

I see what you're saying, but I think it more-so depends on the nature of the hook-up versus the break-up, since it's basically a cause and effect type of scheme. For instance, if you setup a relationship with them by basically saying: at this point in my life I'm just looking to please women physically, and at this stage I'm not ready to be tied down to one person.

Some of them won't go along, but who cares, you're not lying and setting up a future disaster. But, plenty will, and in fact many are intrigued by it. I had one girl who after 6 months told me "OK wtf, I can't take this, I hate these other girls. But umm, I told you so!:lol: "Yeah you did, I'm sorry, we can still be friends though?". And we have been for the past 5 years. It's counterintuitive I know but many women are sick of the creepy "I LOVE YOU WILL YOU MARRY ME AFTER OUR FIRST DATE" losers as well as the players. People of all genders lie for sex and then at the end, point fingers at each other. My 2c Warning

ARMANIXXX
06-22-2007, 01:00 AM
lol

I typically, eventually, end up sleeping with them again.

No sense in lettin good stuff go to waste.

*shrug*