PDA

View Full Version : Who is the oldest transwoman you know?

peggygee
06-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Who is the oldest transwoman you know, or know of?

What is her approximate age?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/TheCensusTakerrev.jpg

Bigguy
06-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I remember a woman at some of Allanah's parties a while back, they called her grandma. I think someone said that she is in her 70's.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I remember a woman at some of Allanah's parties a while back, they called her grandma. I think someone said that she is in her 70's.

OMFG I forgot about grandma, hope she's ok, haven't seen her since Shelter

Bigs I was gonna say
http://cyberdesignconcepts.com/guenter/images/Porsche_550_Spyder_57.jpg

Ecstatic
06-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Love the new avatar, JW! Peggy, I don't want to name names concerning a woman's age, but I know two transwomen in their early 50s. Both are healthy and attractive, and one is still a stunner at 52. Both are also non-op, and when they tell me that and they're over 50, I believe them.

whatsupwithat
06-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Love the new avatar, JW! Peggy, I don't want to name names concerning a woman's age, but I know two transwomen in their early 50s. Both are healthy and attractive, and one is still a stunner at 52. Both are also non-op, and when they tell me that and they're over 50, I believe them.

Same here. Also a good friend of mine in in that range and post-op.

Also know at least one nearing her 60's.

LTR_Seeker
06-19-2007, 01:25 AM
The oldest i know is 62

TJT
06-19-2007, 07:10 AM
I've got a friend who's pre-op and about 52-53. She didn't want to transition while her mother was alive.

mbf
06-20-2007, 02:17 AM
the oldes one i know personally must be in her 50ies - i never asked like a gentleman is supposed to...

but the ones with the most life experience (is that the politically correct term for "old"?) are two icons of euro-ts-life:

A) the gorgeous Romy Haag!

who was born in some year of the 1950s, originally dutch then moved to germany/Berlin where she started a successful career as a clubowner, singer and actress. NOTE: she had a brief affair with no other than David Bowie when he stayed in Berlin in hte late 1970s (she was still pre-op back then). She is still seen occasionally on german tv, on stage and in films. only recently i saw her as a guest at a serious talk show. everybody in Germany knows shes trans and STILL shes doing mainstream stuff.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romy_Haag since shes quite known in Germany but not so much in the English speaking world i only found a wikipedia article on her in german.

B) disco queen turned painter Amanda Lear (NOTE: she might be a natural born woman, but there are many hints its more likely she was born as a HE)

and even if she is no ts i think her life is interesting enough to check out that wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Lear

(a sidenote: beeing from across the atlantic river ive never made it to any of Allanahs parties, but every time i hear Amanda Lears song "Fashion Pack" i think to mayself, that would make agreat theme song for her parties)

justatransgirl
06-20-2007, 04:06 AM
I met a lady 2 years ago who was seventy-seven and living in Orange County, CA.

I also know several post-op girls in their mid 60's and quite a few in their 50's. One who had SRS at age 62.

What we don't see here in San Diego are MtoF's in their teens and very few in their early 20's. That may be because there is almost no support for them unless they are homeless or on drugs and in the "system."

Hugs,
TS Jamie

TJT
06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
LOL! Amanda Lear.

There were rumors in the 70's that Amanda was reponsible for the rumors late Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones faked his death and became a woman? One went that Lear actually was Jones.

BTW,she's turned up on AbFab a couple of times.

There's a reference to the Jones rumors in an AbFab show set in Morocco. Patsy is either going to have a sex change or has just finished one, She's dressed as guy and when she goes to the bathroom to piss her dick falls off. She goes "oh well" and then hollers to a person of the stage,"I'll catch up with you Mick."

(Jones went to Morrocco to study with Sufi Musicians and committed suicide soon after returning to the UK.)

London Guy
06-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Probably April Ashley, who is the most celebrated transwoman in Britain.

April is well into her seventies and has had an amazing life. She was a merchant seaman who transitioned in the 50's and became a top fashion model in the 60's.

She later married a Lord and became embroiled in an infamous court case.

TsVanessa69
06-20-2007, 09:43 PM
My dear friend Cookie, a cubana, she was post-op and she passed a few years ago she was over 70.
Then we have Miss Ketty, another dear friend of mine, she admits to 60" wink-wink"

Tanuki
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM
MY electrician just transistioned suddenly, He is in his 40's or 50s.

eggbert
06-20-2007, 11:15 PM
There was a night club owner in Philly in the late 60's named Harlow who I used to see every once in while. She's got to be in her 60's by now. Does anyone have any info on her?

mbf
06-22-2007, 01:18 AM
LOL! Amanda Lear.

There were rumors ....

lol, yeah, Amanda is a walking rumor :) still if only half of them were somewhat true she sure had an exciting life so far...