PDA

View Full Version : Favorite and or Hated concerts

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 06:32 AM
What is/are your favorite (well worth your money) and or hated (waste of money) concerts (Concerts you've seen. Not on tv) ?

Also what's the most you've ever paid for a concert?

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 06:37 AM
errr, this question is retarded.

You're the RETARD englishman!

:roll:

HTG

TJT
06-18-2007, 06:40 AM
I've been going to concerts since the 60's Hara. The two best were Bruce Springsteen in '78 and REM circa '88.

The absolute worst was the Cars in '79. Bad Company in '74 was pretty horrid as was Led Zepplin a couple of years before.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 06:41 AM

You're the RETARD englishman!

:roll:

HTG

Is that the best you can come back with Hara, hows bout calling me a cock sucking faggot, LOL

No need.. the whole board already knew that plus you've just confessed! LOL

So no dire need stating the obvious! :evil: LOL

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Here then, Hang this on your doorsteps!

http://www.88redmedia.com/thefamouslabel/tfl_2007/main_content/images/main_jan_06.gif

HTG

Legend
06-18-2007, 06:58 AM

Would you fuck a pre-op sheep

That my slow freind is what you call a retarded question!

TJT
06-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Is this the same stalker who was pestering you under another handle a week or so back Hara?

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Is this the same stalker who was pestering you under another handle a week or so back Hara?

Uhuh. Obviously he's got major issues TJT. :roll:

~Kisses.

HTG

Rory
06-18-2007, 07:52 AM
... horrid as was Led Zepplin a couple of years before.

:shock: tell more

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 09:14 AM
This is the best concert by my favorite artist that I've seen by far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbzAT_GMp4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATk3PEQkFek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kfoMZ1pwXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvG1i1RmWhs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aksk6zbGyrw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUXO8gjTom8

~Kisses.

HTG

Rockford
06-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Best? U2 at Wembley Stadium & The Pogues with Joe Strummer at The Commodore Ballroom right here in Vancouver.

TJT
06-18-2007, 10:45 AM
... horrid as was Led Zepplin a couple of years before.

:shock: tell more

Ain't much to tell. They were sloppy and lacked energy. They were better suited to the studio than the stage,like a lot of the "supergroups" of that era.

strokeitnow
06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
In order:
Grateful Dead over 30 times
Stones
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Pearl Jam
Springsteen

ILuvGurls
06-18-2007, 02:41 PM
not sure where to begin as i have been going to concerts since the late 60s...hell yea i'm an old fart.

in no particular order but will rate some

csny...one of the best ever
dead...played about 8 hours
janis joplin..saw her in the spring of 70 along with joe cocker...amazing
jimi hendrix....actually he was the first band for the young rascals
stones...4 times and they were better with age
elp....with about 500000 of my closest friends at atlanta speedway
willie nelson b'day bash(july4)
elvis....amazing, the women were fighting over the scarves

others...springsteen, fleetwood mac, clapton, santana,elton john,bb king, and many more

i'm to the point that i hardly go to concerts any more as they are very expensive and i've seen just about all that i want to see.

Jericho
06-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Haven't been to a gig in years, but the best - Saxon @ the Apollo in Manchester, worst - Tygers of Pan Tang somewhere in Liverpool.

tonkatoy
06-18-2007, 04:53 PM
I saw Weezer in concert about 5 years ago, it was a good show, and it was nice to see all the high school kids, SCA members and 30 somethings who still live in their parents basement have someplace to go.

I saw Hall and Oates in concert when i was in 7th or 8th grade, sat far away from the stage behind a post, and fell asleep during the concert.

As far as memorable people I am glad I got to see perform,

Dizzy Gillespie
Al Hirt
Maynard Ferguson
Ry Cooder

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I saw Hall and Oates in concert when i was in 7th or 8th grade, sat far away from the stage behind a post, and fell asleep during the concert.

LOL Awwww..

~Kisses.

HTG

specialk
06-18-2007, 10:49 PM
The best was the most expensive..$350.00 to see Cream at MSG Oct.'05
My life is complete now!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-19-2007, 12:41 AM
The best was the most expensive..$350.00 to see Cream at MSG Oct.'05
My life is complete now!

LOL Awesome specialk. Confession's tour at MSG July 2006 cost me around $300.00/a ticket (3rd row left handside of the stage). It was all well worth it though. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Oli
06-19-2007, 05:03 AM
The best shows I've seen were:
The Conspiracy of Hope tour w/ Third Wolrd, Peter Gabriel, Santana, The Police and U2. It was 12 hours in Giants Stadium, finished with Gabriel doing 'Biko' in the rain.
Another was Gene Loves Jezebel/Echo and the Bunnymen/New Order at the Pier.
and U2 at Slane Castle
The worst:REO Speedwagon, Live Aid (JFK was a shiity place to see a show) and the Allman Brothers (I must have caught them on a bad night).

lewdguppy
06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Best concert? hmmmm
that's a damn tricky one. too many concerts and festivals!

best live band I've seen so far is Motorpsycho. they usually play, like, 2.5-3 hours a gig too, so it's one big trip

but I fondly remember being at a show of Frank Zappa in '88 wich rocked and the 2.5 hour gig of David Bowie's 'Sound & Vision' tour.
funny thing too, at the last song his voice went bust and he invited all of us (8000 peeps) to sing 'Rock N Roll Suicide' with the band. so we all stood on the chairs and sung....that was fuckin' magical I tell you.

getting the vinyl bootleg of exactly that show a few years later topped it off; it's not like you can get yourself on vinyl bootlegs that often.

:lol:

worst show? easily. Sisters of Mercy in the Heiniken Hall in Amsterdam

what a total waste of money and what a superlooser bunch of assholes, that band. I'll bet they use the tapes from that show to torture those poor sods in Gitmo. if they ain;t, they're not doing their job properly
Sisters of Mercy....geeeez. wouldn't go to one of their shows again even if they paid me to see it.
assholes! :evil:

mbf
06-20-2007, 01:51 AM
ive been to many (or too many by now...) but my top three picks would be:

1) Beastie Boys
2) Turbonegro (norwegian punkrockers...)
3) Iggy Pop (sure, his face looks very old but hes fitter at 60 than 99 % of all 25 year olds i know...)

ive never been to a bad concert tho. which is probably a psychological thing because i say i paid for it so i m gonna enjoy it. and if it sucks i enjoy the sucking!

same with movies. i ll sit thru it, the whole damn two hours even its the crappiest stuff ever made a film about (one exception: i left Waterworld after half an hour)

i love festivals. theres three or four big festivals over here during summer with plenty of bands on saturdays and sundays representing diverse styles and tastes so going there is always a blast.

oh, one "bad" concert i remember. my first year at college, i needed money so i worked as a construction worker during the hollydays - very exhausting job... so, one night a few friends took me to a concert of a punk/rock-outfit. those guys played in a rather small venue, but were friggin loud. i placed myself near the speakers, yet i was so damn tired i fell asleep after their first song or so and kept going till the end of the concert.

my friends all had much fun watching that sleeping guy next to full-volume-speakers, taking fotos etc. etc. lol

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Woaah!!! Hang on here, can someone please explain what is being implied here? I don't mind being called a cunt, but insinuating that I'm a stalker posting under another username is libel material :evil:

Must talk so BIG to make up for SMALLER things! LOL :lol:

:evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

LG
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
Woaah!!! Hang on here, can someone please explain what is being implied here? I don't mind being called a cunt, but insinuating that I'm a stalker posting under another username is libel material :evil:

Okay, cool. You're a cunt.

Glad we can both agree on something for once. :lol:

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=21867

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-20-2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.atavistic.com/items/asshole.jpg

HTG

wombat33
06-20-2007, 10:06 PM
What is/are your favorite (well worth your money) and or hated (waste of money) concerts (Concerts you've seen. Not on tv) ?

Also what's the most you've ever paid for a concert?

~Kisses.

HTG

It's Simple

S*P*R*I*N*G*S*T*E*E*N and the E Street Band

I once saw a 4.5 hour show.

Also the Allman Brothers...................

bassman2546
06-21-2007, 12:18 AM
Best?

Rush - Vapor Trails 2002

Worst?

Springsteen - 2000 in Toronto. God I hate his music. Thank God the tickets were free or I would have been really pissed.

Alanis Morrisette - 1996. Can't sing worth a fuck and has quite the 'holier than thou' attitude. I have no problem dissing a fellow Canuck.

jamesb121
06-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Best: John Mayer in london worth every penny of £45

Worst: The Mavericks, in edinburgh, in the pissing rain in december outside

Most spent on tickets: £1500 to see Cream at the Albert Hall in london

Best bargain: In 1995 seeing the then un-named Foo Fighters supporting the Prodigy in edinburgh, well worth £15.

I've said it b4 and ill say it again, John Mayer = Fucking Legend!

Bic
06-21-2007, 12:33 AM
TOOL
metallica 3 times once free

pearl jam

guns n roses but they never showed up

PatrickFromNYC
06-21-2007, 12:42 AM
The Best:

1. The Pogues (Shane MacGowan semi-sober)
2. Springsteen
3. U2

The Worst:

1. The Pogues (Shane MacGowan drunk)

hondarobot
06-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Favorite concert? Good question, can't really pick one at the moment. One of the worst incidents I can remember was at one of the earlier Lollapaloozas, like early 90's. A friend of mine and I were wandering around, smoking pot and blabbing with people, and somehow we ended up WAY deep into the main stage crowd. We realized that we managed to get just a few feet back from the foot of the stage itself, and this was a pretty damn big crowd.

We figured we had to get front row, so we manuevered until we got right up there. Mission accomplished, we wondered who the next band would be. For this story to be interesting, it should be noted that the crowd was fuckin massive, thousands and thousands of mostly drunk jocks and posers, unfortunately.

Sooooo. . . .I look up and see this big mic stand covered with skulls set up, and then the big black boots of Al Jourgensen appear, close enough for me to almost touch. I was dead front and center when Ministry opened with "Jesus Built My Hot Rod", and the only way out of the mosh pit that erupted was to go completely bananas and hack our way out. It sucked, but it was defiantely a memorable moment.