PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION.....What makes TS's want to sing and dance?

ARMANIXXX
06-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Why does it seem that practically all TS's, not literally of course, but why do TS's think they can sing and dance?

And lets not pretend that you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, because you KNOW you do.

So lets have it.

Why?

peggygee
06-16-2007, 08:03 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/popcorncrop.jpg

ARMANIXXX
06-16-2007, 08:07 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/popcorncrop.jpg

:lol:

tsntx
06-16-2007, 09:39 PM
so if youre singling out a group of 2-3 girls that will never get off the ground w/ their idea... why not call them out vs. saying something stupid like "all ts's" ?

ARMANIXXX
06-16-2007, 10:57 PM
so if youre singling out a group of 2-3 girls that will never get off the ground w/ their idea... why not call them out vs. saying something stupid like "all ts's" ?

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I'm not talking about anyone in particular, and in this case, NOT talking about SECRET, although, if you WANT to include them you can, but this wasn't about them.

I'm talking about some ts's in general, in varied forms of caberet shows, contests, drag shows, lip sync shows/contests, etc.

Kind pressed for time, so if you HAVE TO HAVE examples I'll give em later.

TomSelis
06-16-2007, 11:19 PM
NAME NAMES!!!!

BrendaQG
06-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I guess I should tell you that it is BS to say that "all" TS's like to sing and dance. Tell you that thinking that is just a function of your time and place and who you are looking at. In the name of intellectually honesty I cannot do that.

Many times have I ranted about how there were people we would without hesitation describe as transsexuals living in Arabia when Mohamed was alive. That he did not punish them for being thing way. From every writing I have read about those ladies their most common occupation was entertainment. One of the things the Hijra of India are known for is singing and dancing..... I could go on all day pointing out examples. For this reason I cannot just say you are a biased observer or have been to too many drag balls or whatever.

I see a few possibilities.

1.) Minorities and socially disadvantaged people in general are piped into entertainment by the majority. Because entertainment is considered a disgraceful occupation.

For a long time most of the actors in Hollywood were Jewish or Irish with a few blacks playing cooks and butlers. Many of the rest were gay lesbian or bi. If they wanted big money the had no other options. Such people are also often given dangerous or dirty jobs.

2.) There is a psychological theory that says that transsexuals who (how can I put this) have always liked men. Also like attention. They like the spotlight and to be admired and desired by as many men as possible.

:-? Could be. The more I :-? the less stupid that seems.

3.) Perhaps a bit of the first two. Even as banal as it sounds transsexuals are more in need of attention. Then on top of that we have more opportunities to get into entertainment of some kind.

One last thing I would like to say. Some one will point out all the tons of trans women who are not in entertainment. I could point my self out as an example. But to be honest there are some aspects of actually being a scientist that are allot like being in the music business or selling art. And my own little project has not really gotten off the ground yet either.

"people in glass houses...."

peggygee
06-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I guess I should tell you that it is BS to say that "all" TS's like to sing and dance. Tell you that thinking that is just a function of your time and place and who you are looking at. In the name of intellectually honesty I cannot do that........

Great psychological, historical, sociological synopsis
of the causal factors. :wink:

But if I see one more lip synching tranwomen, we're
going to be cleaning brain tissue off the walls.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/ScannersExplodingHead.gif

And it won't be mine, j/k. :lol:

AllanahStarrNYC
06-17-2007, 05:03 PM
i can't sing nor dance :)

BrendaQG
06-17-2007, 06:23 PM
But you are an entertainer in the more general sense. You perform for an audience. What difference does the nature of the performance or the audience make.

tsntx
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
But you are an entertainer in the more general sense. You perform for an audience. What difference does the nature of the performance or the audience make.

the same as the difference between a stripper and a drag queen.

and if youre not sure what i mean by that.... ask a random man on the street what he thinks the difference is... im sure hell tell you something cheeky.

MrsKellyPierce
06-17-2007, 08:05 PM
What a stupid stereotype. You can't say all..There are a lot of girls and guys that want to sing and dance and do their woulda shoulda couldas it's just some are artistic and some aren't. STOP STEREOTYPING!!

Realgirls4me
06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
What makes TS's want to sing and dance?

A great, I mean GREAT, karaoke bar!

;)

BrendaQG
06-18-2007, 02:39 AM

the same as the difference between a stripper and a drag queen.

and if youre not sure what i mean by that.... ask a random man on the street what he thinks the difference is... im sure hell tell you something cheeky.

What about a TS who is a stripper in a straight club? Seriously it happens.

@kelly.

Need it be "artistic". Suppose a fresh young TS has the idea of being a CEO in a fortune 500 company. CEO's don't generally toil in obscurity. Suppose such a TS has this cockeyed dream of being a Nobel Prize winning Physicist...then having her own special on the Science Channel? Not everyone will come close to attaining such a position. I have heard of many a TS who wants to someday "make it big". To make the papers for what they do...and Ideally not be exposed as a TS in the process.

Vicki Richter
06-18-2007, 03:25 AM
i can't sing nor dance :)

I can vouch for that! <grin>

Neither can I though. I get down and funky at the clubs every now and then though.

TrueBeauty TS
06-18-2007, 07:48 PM
I sing in the shower and in my car all the time. Often at the amusment of other drivers. (When I'm in the car!)

I dance a little, but I have to be in the right mood and the music has to be good. (God help me, I love dancing to Disco music... I know....)

I act all the time depending on the situation. LOL