PDA

View Full Version : For Europeans and other soccer-fans

Coroner
06-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Cīmon, letīs fight :)

What are your clubs? Are you members of specific groups? Ultras, Casuals? :lol:

I personally support Liverpool FC, FC Barcelona, Celtic FC, AS Livorno and Olimpique Marseille. Iīm not part of any Tifo-group, I think itīs waste of life but I love soccer. Letīs have lots of beer, folks.

Rogers
06-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Cīmon, letīs fight :)
Liverpool FC
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!
The city itself is a shithole. More of an Everton man myself, but prefer Arsenal and Sunderland.

FC Barcelona
YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!! My own Spanish favorite.

Celtic FC
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!
Their shirt is revolting. Definitely more of a Rangers man, the real premier team of Scotland.

AS Livorno
Soft spot for Fiorentina myself.

Olimpique Marseille.
I'm not sure of the stats, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're the most successful French team of all time. I don't support any French team myself, more interested in the Dutch League (Ajax or Feyenoord).

Letīs have lots of beer, folks.
Well if you're buying, Coroner, I'll have a Bud or a San Miguel. I'll get the next round. :D

Coroner
06-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I Know, Liverpool looks like a shithole but itīs a workers class town. But I like the city and always loved the club. I hate the Rangers because most of their fans (huns) are Unionist fascists from the Nothern Ireland. Yeah, I know, Celts fans ainīt neutral themselves, theyīre republicans but theyīre not fascists. I guess mostly leftists.
I like Ajax, too but I cannot say that I follow the Dutch league. I guess their golden era is over. Man, Ajax was a great club. Olimpique Marseille supporters and Livorno supporters have very good relationships, so I support both of them. Sure, Iīll pay the beer. :wink:

Rogers
06-17-2007, 09:13 PM
It's a real pity you've not had more responses, Coroner. Most Americans just don't know what they're missing, and I doubt Mr. Metrosexual and his waste of spice wife will really change things in the U.S..

I Know, Liverpool looks like a shithole but itīs a workers class town. But I like the city and always loved the club.
Do you think the new American owners of Liverpool will spend big, as they've promised, to try and win the Premiership? For me, Liverpool are far too erratic to win anything other than Cups at the moment. At least part of the reason is Benitez's squad rotation system.

I hate the Rangers because most of their fans (huns) are Unionist fascists from the Nothern Ireland. Yeah, I know, Celts fans ainīt neutral themselves, theyīre republicans but theyīre not fascists. I guess mostly leftists.
It's a real pity that politics has to get into sport, but it has made the Rangers-Celtic derby one of the greatest in World soccer. I think the problem has more to do with drunken idiots than any real sectarian divisions in Scotland. Scotland's quite a "leftist" country actually, and Catholics make up only a third of the population.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_football_rivalries#Celtic_vs_Rangers

I like Ajax, too but I cannot say that I follow the Dutch league. I guess their golden era is over. Man, Ajax was a great club. Olimpique Marseille supporters and Livorno supporters have very good relationships, so I support both of them. Sure, Iīll pay the beer. :wink:
To be honest, Coroner, I'd never really heard of Livorno until recently. Ajax have always relied on their youth training system, which I think is still one of the best in World soccer, so I think Ajax will return sooner or later for a short while. The problem with soccer these days, and the world in general now, is that it's been hijacked by the money men, and the big fish keep getting bigger. The Champions League is a fucking joke with teams that come 3rd. or 4th. in their home leagues getting in. 3 out of the 4 semi-finalists this year were English clubs. :banghead

It's probably a dumb question, Coroner, but are you looking forward to the European Championship next year?
http://www.uefa.com/competitions/euro/index.html