PDA

View Full Version : If FOX NEWS had existed throughout history.

ARMANIXXX
06-13-2007, 05:57 PM
http://tinyurl.com/33jz52

lol

Mr_Choc69
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
Ha Ha. Nice One.

Yes, FOX News slants EVERY item that they air for their own biased views. It is amazing that the media gets labled as "liberal" when you have a neo-con news/media outlet such as FOX. They know the trick to seduce the USA.

TJT
06-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Nice.lol

I was watching some talking head they had on last night. He had two guests,they were trying to make the point that Paris Hilton being jailed was proof that the legal system was biased against the rich.

peggygee
06-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Sad, but true about Fox news.

And thanks for the link, I had forgooten
about that site, they have a lot of
funny stuff there.

Realgirls4me
06-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Good one. :)

... Fox News has become a parody of itself. I would contend that a good portion of their viewers are Left-listing like myself and watch that network somewhat slackjawed in disbelief, or busting at the seams in laughter for what they put up as news, or what their tinhorn commentators say. It's a joke -- a JOKE.

arnie666
06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Tell you what you name me a news station that isn't biased Iam sure fox is.The BBC actually admits it is during election time.... And we in the UK pay for this :D We are all fuking muppets.

trish
06-13-2007, 09:08 PM
By their very selection of what to cover and who to interview and how much time to spend on which stories, a news show or network is bringing at least one perspective to the news that they report. However, the venue can make a good faith effort to be as objective as they can be within their means. They can present opposing views, interview various people with different takes, opinions and analysis and they can monitor the discussion in a fair and civil way. The PBS News Hour with Jim Lehrer is generally an excellent example of good new coverage…and I’m happy to pay for it. Fox is a horrible example.

SarahG
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Tell you what you name me a news station that isn't biased Iam sure fox is.The BBC actually admits it is during election time.... And we in the UK pay for this :D We are all fuking muppets.

There is biased and then there is biased....

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3281

EDIT/ADD:

My commentary:

Why are we under the modern misconception that the news are supposed to be unbiased? The media is one of America's oldest political institutions and one critical to our country's origins.

Anyone else familiar with the history dealing with The Federalist Papers? 3 of the Founding fathers (jay, Madison, Hamilton) wrote The Federalist and had it published in the NY newspapers to help garrente that the proposed constitution would be able to be ratified in what was such a pro-British state during the revolution... The Federalist was a onesided, biased argument made solely to try to meet these ends through the media. Debatibly the Constitution (which, by the way, was illegal under the Articles of the Confederation...) would never have come into existence without a biased media.

The problem is that the people believe the media is unbiased truth, or at least pretend to believe this... and get upset whenever the fantasy is smashed by overly aparent "spin."

arnie666
06-13-2007, 09:33 PM

There is biased and then there is biased....

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/3281

Yep fox kind of does your thinking for you I can see that.. But the way I see it is this. If you lean a certain Poltical way you will think the certain news channel is balanced maybe because it chimes in with your Political view whereas another is 'full of commies ' (the BBC) or in the case of FOX news 'overtly neo-con'. That is why I try not to take my opinions from one news source but several.

SarahG
06-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Actually I would go so far as to say we're fairly traditional in terms of how biased American media was.

Go look up what the media was saying during the Haymarket incident... now that's biased.

OR (radical suggestion):
The only change between then and now is that the media has learned to become more subliminal with their spin.

peggygee
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
That is why I try not to take my opinions from one news source but several.

I agree.

I don't listen to a news source because they are telling me the news that
I want to hear, or that supports my positions and conceptions.

But rather I value news from a variety of sources and then I am able
to formulate my own opinion.

That's what I have this for;

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/brain_am.gif

whatislove
06-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm fine with tuning into this board, if there's more news than here, I don't need it!

That is why I try not to take my opinions from one news source but several.

I agree.

I don't listen to a news source because they are telling me the news that
I want to hear, or that supports my positions and conceptions.

But rather I value news from a variety of sources and then I am able
to formulate my own opinion.

That's what I have this for;

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/brain_am.gif 8)

ARMANIXXX
06-15-2007, 02:11 AM
Fox news = Faux news

whatsupwithat
06-15-2007, 03:16 AM
hahaha! That is great. And it's sooooo true. Thanks for sharing. :)