PDA

View Full Version : 'Big Love' Season Two

chefmike
06-13-2007, 02:44 AM
I caught part of the first episode last night and I loved it...although I'm in the minority of HBO watchers at HA as far as 'Big Love' goes... but I know that we have some other 'Big Love' fans here on HA...so what did you think of last night's episode?

And speaking of minorities, do we have any Mormons on HA? Give us a shout out! I'm diggin' the whole polygamy thang! 8)

We didn't get to see Meadow get butt nekkid on the Sopranos, but it's still not too late to see sweet Margene take it off...

General124
06-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Hey, don't let anything out just yet. I'm watching the replay tonight. :D

Realgirls4me
06-13-2007, 03:34 AM
I haven't see this show but am told I look like one of the girls from it.

Then I'm watching it! :)

yodajazz
06-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Yeah its a very good show. I am glad it't back on. Lots of dynamics going on. Leora, I think they are referring to the youngest wife, pictured above as the one you favor.

El_hefe
06-13-2007, 06:36 AM
I actually know quite a bit about the whole polygamy scene out west & BL is really remarkable in it's accuracy. I didn't know it restarted & am going to set my dvr now.
Being a polygamist out there is a lot like being gay in a lot of rural areas, most people know or suspect it but there is a live & let live attitude, not acceptence, as long as you don't advertise it. Don't ask, don't tell.
There are also a number of competing factions, looking for their tithes from others, plus a few secular "cultural" polygamist groups here & there. The mormons hate them all.

El_hefe
06-13-2007, 06:38 AM
BTW it's

El_hefe
06-13-2007, 06:39 AM
BTW it's SO much better than that awful John From Cinncinati, what a mistake that was for HBO.

chefmike
06-13-2007, 07:51 AM
The 'Roman' character is based on the polygamist leader that the FBI picked up while on the run...

chefmike
06-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah its a very good show. I am glad it't back on. Lots of dynamics going on. Leora, I think they are referring to the youngest wife, pictured above as the one you favor.No doubt...and both Margene and Leora are very fine.

chefmike
07-24-2007, 05:00 AM
A great episode tonight, and a great season thus far!

chefmike
07-31-2007, 04:28 AM
This series is the only thing happening on HBO now IMO...a great series and a great season...'Entourage', 'John From Bumfuck' et al are just fluff compared to 'Big Love'...