PDA

View Full Version : The pants that are worth 67 Million dollars

Legend
06-13-2007, 02:24 AM
The judge, suing a dry cleaners for millions of dollars after they lost a pair of his pants, started his opening statement in court Tuesday.

Roy Pearson, a D.C. administrative judge, has dropped the amount of the lawsuit and is now only seeking $54 million. He says that he's acting in the interest of all D.C. residents.

In the opening statements of the civil trial Tuesday Pearson claimed signs at Custom Cleaners that read "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and "Same Day Service" were misleading to thousands of customers.

The signs have since been removed. Pearson called several witnesses who each testified that they stopped going to those cleaners after a routine mishap.

A lawyer for the Chung family, which owns the cleaners, says the
family misplaced the judge's pants but soon found them. Chris Manning also says Pearson has a history of filing egregious lawsuits.

Are you kidding me another frivolous lawsuit by a judge no less.

tree
06-13-2007, 07:00 AM
...something like that

whatsupwithat
06-13-2007, 07:03 AM
...something like that

...more or less

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-13-2007, 07:13 AM
I've heard about this earlier. I think he is one crazy man!
He was offered $12,000.00? by the laundromat and he refused. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

Willie Escalade
06-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Dickhead. Is this the state we're at now? Are we that greedy?

tree
06-13-2007, 07:25 AM
I am sure it will eventually be thrown out .
Lawsuits like this are the reason why our court systems move so slowly.
Some people now a days just don't know how to let somethings roll off their shoulders!
Geez, smoke some herb and relax!

mph
06-13-2007, 07:57 AM
Dickhead. Is this the state we're at now? Are we that greedy?Yes, unfortunately.

The number of frivolous and pointless lawsuits in this country astounds me. Japan is looking more and more appealing as a place to live.

Mr_Choc69
06-27-2007, 03:45 AM
What a surprise - it was thrown out.