PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Navy SEAL story from Afghanistan

Devon
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM
I watched this segment on the Today Show this morning and was just enthralled. These are the stories we should hear more about.

In his new book “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL,” former US Navy SEALs team leader Marcus Luttrell recounts his amazing journey, on a mission to capture a notorious al Qaeda suspect, from his base in Afghanistan to the Pakastani border. Here is an excerpt from the book:

To Afghanistan ... in a Flying Warehouse
This was payback time for the World Trade Center. We were coming after the guys who did it. If not the actual guys, then their blood brothers, the lunatics who still wished us dead and might try it again.

Good-byes tend to be curt among Navy SEALs. A quick backslap, a friendly bear hug, no one uttering what we’re all thinking: Here we go again, guys, going to war, to another trouble spot, another half-assed enemy willing to try their luck against us...they must be out of their minds.

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19173935/

White_Male_Canada
06-13-2007, 01:18 AM
Wonder what Luttrell would reply to John Edwards when he says the war on terrorism is merely a bumper sticker political slogan.

chefmike
06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
Indeed, Afghanistan has been an even bigger success than our unwarranted invasion of Iraq. Doesn't it make you feel better about the thousands of wasted US lives since the neocons took office? SMDH....

chefmike
06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
I watched this segment on the Today Show this morning and was just enthralled. These are the stories we should hear more about.
LMFAO, are you also looking to buy some swampland in Florida, pilgrim? SMDH...

guyone
06-13-2007, 03:55 AM
What the deal with Salem Memorial District Hospital? You're making me shake my damn head.

El Nino
06-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Why do people glorify war? Its dumb no?