PDA

View Full Version : George Michael escapes jail

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-10-2007, 12:37 AM
George Michael was banned from driving for two years and given 100 hours community service on Friday (08.06.07).

The 43-year-old singer, who was found slumped over the wheel of his Mercedes at a set of traffic lights on a busy London road last October, appeared at North London's BrentMagistrates court for the ruling.

Michael, who said he was sentenced for being unfit for driving through tiredness and taking prescription drugs, expressed his regret over the incident.

He told the court: "I was ashamed I had done something really wrong in putting other people at risk."

The 'Careless Whisper' singer, who is due to perform at London's Wembley Stadium this weekend, was mobbed by fans as he left the court.

He said: "I'm glad to put this behind me. Now I'm off to do the biggest show of my life."

Michael could have received a six-month prison term and was told last month to expect a sentence at the "upper end of the scale for the offence".

Prosecutor Andrew Torrington revealed tests showed a therapeutic amount of an anti-depressant in the singer's system along with illegal dance club drug GHB.

The star's lawyer had previously told the court it is common for GHB - which leaves users feeling groggy and powerless - to be found in blood samples even if the drug has not been taken.

Just wanted to take the spotlight off of Paris for a bit and show another celeb getting away with some crap.

tsntx
06-10-2007, 12:42 AM
lol and just how does GHB get in your blood if you dont take it?

speaking of GHB you can see me in a movie about the drug called movin_g

tho im only in it for all of 30 seconds lololol