PDA

View Full Version : No more Club Vapor for me

bryanc
06-09-2007, 07:53 PM
It had been a few months since I had the chance to go to a Thursday night party at Club Vapor, and I was amazed at some of the things that have changed. No way will I be going back.

For one thing, I ordered a simple vodka and tonic -- not the fanciest drink, right? The bartender charged me $14 for the drink! I didn't order it with premium vodka or anything. In fact, I watched the bartender make the drink and they used standard Stoli. I've ordered the same drink at the Bull & Bear and not been charged that much! I know drinks in clubs in NYC are more expensive, but even premium drinks I order in fancier clubs are not that much!

At first, I thought it was me. Then I noticed the bartenders were doing the same thing to everyone. Worse, neither bartender was ringing up drinks in the register, a MAJOR law violation that often results in the liquor license being revoked. They were not only charging ridiculous prices for basic drinks, but skimming on top of it, and being so obvious about it!

Sad, but I think this place's days are numbered.

Coroner
06-09-2007, 07:55 PM
:popcorn

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/MrMacMan/Forum%20stuff/AwJeezNotThisSheetAgain1.jpg

hwbs
06-09-2007, 08:20 PM
the drinks are expensive...i got my cup of B&B on the walk over to get me in the right frame of mind...stick with the beer is my only suggestion...

TJ347
06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
$14 for a vodka and tonic at Clup Vapor, huh? Well, to avoid the ridiculous prices, get your drink on before you go in. It's always worked for me.

hwbs
06-09-2007, 08:25 PM
check out dinas party 4 the cheap drinks , lol...i was drinkin jwbl for $6

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 08:33 PM
check out dinas party 4 the cheap drinks , lol...i was drinkin jwbl for $6

mod note: to verify, woods was not drinking me, I know some of you evil fuckas (i.e. MEGA) would love to chime in on that reply and read it the wrong way, he meant he ordered a glass of Johnny Walker Black Label and enjoyed it at a modest price.....................scumbags

proceed
JWBL™

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 08:49 PM
let me say this about Vapor, it's not the only place serving high priced drinks, I went to another place near the West Side highway last year and I got charged $12 for a screwdriver, I was pissed, but suddenly I knew Vapor was not alone.........How I see people getting drunk until they are passed out on the floor across the street from that club is beyond me at those prices, but they are. The 1st night I was there someone I know quite well told me the price of the drinks but also told me "you're getting a real drink." I didn't understand that until I went back to one of my Queens spots where the same drink was bombarded with ½ a glass of ice (i.e. watered down).

TomSelis
06-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Old college rule: GET TANKED UP BEFORE YOU GO OUT!!!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
lol, I just thought about something, there's bickering over the price of alcohol at a pickup bar................LMAO

so you can spend $20-$40 to see some chicks that basically want you to pick them up drop $40 to $50 on a 1 hour motel spot plus anywhere from $150-$300 for their [time] yet a $14 drink is overkill

bryanc
06-09-2007, 11:01 PM
My usual drink is Patron with a splash of Ginger, and even in NYC in overpriced clubs that is usually $14 a drink, but it is top shelf, so one would expect that. In this case though it was a standard vodka tonic, non-premium Vodka, so one would never expect that kind of price.

And yes, some bars you will get a "real" drink for that kind of money, something that is 95% vodka, 2% tonic. But believe me, my drink was not anything especially strong. I watched many of the drinks being made and they were average quantities, at best.

Its not just the cost of the drink that bothered me though. It was the fact that the bartenders were skimming. So not only are they overpricing, but they were pocketing almost all the cash. That's just BS. I want my bartenders to make great money so I always tip well. Overpricing like that, in addition to obvious skimming, just sours the whole vibe.

Usually when you see stuff like this going on, the club is going to close in the near future and people are just trying to do things under the table for extra cash. I've seen it happen in quite a few bars, not just TS friendly places, and it is always the same. Eventually, someone catches on to what is happening.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 11:20 PM
lol, to be honest with you the female behind the bar is the owner, so skimming she was not

NYTSJulie
06-09-2007, 11:44 PM
It had been a few months since I had the chance to go to a Thursday night party at Club Vapor, and I was amazed at some of the things that have changed. No way will I be going back.

For one thing, I ordered a simple vodka and tonic -- not the fanciest drink, right? The bartender charged me $14 for the drink! I didn't order it with premium vodka or anything. In fact, I watched the bartender make the drink and they used standard Stoli. I've ordered the same drink at the Bull & Bear and not been charged that much! I know drinks in clubs in NYC are more expensive, but even premium drinks I order in fancier clubs are not that much!

At first, I thought it was me. Then I noticed the bartenders were doing the same thing to everyone. Worse, neither bartender was ringing up drinks in the register, a MAJOR law violation that often results in the liquor license being revoked. They were not only charging ridiculous prices for basic drinks, but skimming on top of it, and being so obvious about it!

Put on a dress and heels next time, then maybe someone will buy you a drink and you wont have to worry about spending the cash. They might expect you to put out then.

rick_932
06-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Old college rule: GET TANKED UP BEFORE YOU GO OUT!!!!

cosign. this cant be emphasized enough. whenever i go to a bar/club with high priced drinks, im usually wasted before i walk through the door

MonsieurValentine
06-10-2007, 12:00 AM

Put on a dress and heels next time, then maybe someone will buy you a drink and you wont have to worry about spending the cash. They might expect you to put out then.

that or get a better job.

tsntx
06-10-2007, 12:16 AM
that or get a better job.

ha ha

Solitary Brother
06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Even the mob doesnt charge that much...........
Is this Sunny's party?
That is sickening to me.......14 for a drink?
I would never patronize such a place.

NYTSJulie
06-10-2007, 12:19 AM
like i said look pretty and you wont have to buy drinks.

Listo
06-10-2007, 12:27 AM
I went about two months ago. It was preety good actually. The drinks were ridiculous but you can always get tanked at a neighborhood pub before you get there. What bothered me was that all the girls wanted money! We go there to meet and hook up. Not to pay for it. One option is to go to a regular club that plays house and hook up with a tranny there. Save yourself some money.

NYTSJulie
06-10-2007, 12:30 AM
I went about two months ago. It was preety good actually. The drinks were ridiculous but you can always get tanked at a neighborhood pub before you get there. What bothered me was that all the girls wanted money! We go there to meet and hook up. Not to pay for it. One option is to go to a regular club that plays house and hook up with a tranny there. Save yourself some money.

They are working girls and all you want to do is "hook up" and in my head that means a trick, so why would they do a "free call" with someone.

flabbybody
06-10-2007, 12:36 AM
biggest rip off place for a coctail: the penthouse club at the top of Hotel Gansevoort in the meatpacking distict. I ordered a Grey Goose martini (my drink in order to impress a chick), $18. I was stunned. I guess the girl I was with thought I was cheap cause I spent the next hour complaining about the price of things in NYC.

Listo
06-10-2007, 12:43 AM
Well I did take one home that night and she did not charge me. So I guess some people do still go out and hook up.

Vicki Richter
06-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Well I did take one home that night and she did not charge me. So I guess some people do still go out and hook up.

Why do you call her one... Why wouldn't you say, "I brought a girl named Sophia home and she didn't charge..."

Is that bad taste to name names or do you not remember?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I CAN TOP THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [mod note: TOP referring to I can beat that, not top missionary, etc. lol] Go to any chica dance spot in any of the 5 boros (preferably Queens) and you'll spend around $8 for a ½ decent drink, yet you'll want to dance with the chick who has the body like this chick http://www.for-t.ro/tango/nergu-mare.jpg and guess what she's gonna need drink tickets to tip out and 3 of those tickets are going to come from you, so your simple little night at the chica spot costs you so far: your drink ($8 ) plus her 3 drinks ($24). I think that tops a $14 drink at Vapor or an $18 drink at the Penthouse Club. And you've only been with one chick whom you will probably not get offered the chance to take somewhere afterwards due to her most likely hating men and wanting to lick one of the other dancer's pussy's when the night is done...........

Listo
06-10-2007, 01:11 AM
When I say I took one home I mean i took a girl home. Don't be so sensitive. And I don't know about you but when it comes to one night stands, most people don't remember names.

MonsieurValentine
06-10-2007, 01:12 AM
When I say I took one home I mean i took a girl home. Don't be so sensitive. And I don't know about you but when it comes to one night stands, most people don't remember names.

*coughs* horseshit.

NYTSJulie
06-10-2007, 01:18 AM

Why do you call her one... Why wouldn't you say, "I brought a girl named Sophia home and she didn't charge..."

Is that bad taste to name names or do you not remember?

Cause when he says "I took one home" he means I took one of them girls with a cock home like an object not a person, lol and he wonders why girls were trying to charge him.

Listo
06-10-2007, 01:21 AM
So tell me then. In your opinion why do guys go to Club Vapor?

NYTSJulie
06-10-2007, 01:26 AM
So tell me then. In your opinion why do guys go to Club Vapor?

Guys are they to look at the trannys, most are there just to look and some are there to hook up. I doubt any guys are there looking for their future wife. The girls know this and so why not capitalize on these men, if they want to hook up, lol? A lot of the guys are the same guys who call our ads, so why would we see them for free, and that is why the girls were trying to get money from you. To hook up with a guy in a tranny bar is just like doing a call for free.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-10-2007, 01:32 AM
I go to Vapor because a bunch of guys I've grown to call my friends go there weekly, and we hang out and talk about a bunch of shit. To be honest with you there's about 5 chicks I go to vapor to see (no sex thoughts just to see) and that's Allanah, Sonia, Dina, Yasmine, hehe I can't name the 5th.........

Looking 4 Now
06-10-2007, 02:23 AM
I've been to vapor 5 or 6 times and only had one problem. The girl behind the bar seemed more interested in talking on her cell phone than serving drinks. When I finally did get a drink she forgot to give me my change. That's no way to run a business!!!!!!!!!

Azanti
06-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Julie, I would go there to find a girlfriend, for whatever that is worth, there would be quite a few ifs attached to that statement though (Like if I lived in NYC for one thing)

Listo
06-10-2007, 03:13 AM
I don't get it. If I imply that I only want to have sex with her, then I am an asshole for doing so because I need to look at you as "normal girls" but when I want to hook up with you, like I would with a normal girl, then I am a STUPID asshole for treating you like a "normal girl"
Duhhh!!!! How could I be so stupid????
Then I guess I am a jerk cuz when I go there, I really do go there so I can fuck a transexual. Is that wrong????????

PatrickFromNYC
06-10-2007, 03:29 AM
I've been to vapor 5 or 6 times and only had one problem. The girl behind the bar seemed more interested in talking on her cell phone than serving drinks. When I finally did get a drink she forgot to give me my change. That's no way to run a business!!!!!!!!!
I don`t have a problem with the prices either, Hey it New York City, its expensive here!! But the bitch behind the bar is the worst and rudest bartender in NYC. One time I bought 2 beers, was charged 15, gave her a $20 and told her to keep the change. She just took the $ and turned around and put the $20 in the tip cup??? No smile, no thank you....

TJ347
06-10-2007, 03:31 AM
It's been said several times now, but I was the first to say it... DRINK BEFORE YOU GO! Solves all these problems.

specialk
06-10-2007, 03:35 AM
lol, to be honest with you the female behind the bar is the owner, so skimming she was not

On the contrary JWBL.....the owner was skimming the gross receits to fuck the tax man.....it's as old as taxes themselves.

Coroner
06-10-2007, 03:36 AM
biggest rip off place for a coctail: the penthouse club at the top of Hotel Gansevoort in the meatpacking distict. I ordered a Grey Goose martini (my drink in order to impress a chick), $18. I was stunned. I guess the girl I was with thought I was cheap cause I spent the next hour complaining about the price of things in NYC.

:lol:

btw, wow, already 4 pages......

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-10-2007, 03:43 AM

On the contrary JWBL.....the owner was skimming the gross receits to fuck the tax man.....it's as old as taxes themselves.

Wrong, It's not fair for anyone to judge how the owner of an establishment runs their business. I've sat and listened to reviews on a fucking bar owner and how much alcohol they put in a drink or how they manage their money behind the bar all afternoon/evening. I guarantee you if any of you owned a business and had been up for hours and some random person came in bitching about how you handled your register behind the counter you'd ask them to take their business elsewhere. K you say she was skimming receipts, I disagree, the place has been open for quite some time and if that was the case at it's location I doubt it would still be open.

Back to the OP; drink elsewhere....................... I agree the drinks are priced high but it's Madison Avenue in the center of Manhattan, it's to be expected..............

PatrickFromNYC
06-10-2007, 03:43 AM
It's been said several times now, but I was the first to say it... DRINK BEFORE YOU GO! Solves all these problems.

???? Drink before I go??? I am not a 19 year old from the fucking suburbs....If I go to a club I want to have a drink and buy girls drinks without being treated like shit.

specialk
06-10-2007, 03:57 AM

Wrong, It's not fair for anyone to judge how the owner of an establishment runs their business. I've sat and listened to reviews on a fucking bar owner and how much alcohol they put in a drink or how they manage their money behind the bar all afternoon/evening. I guarantee you if any of you owned a business and had been up for hours and some random person came in bitching about how you handled your register behind the counter you'd ask them to take their business elsewhere. K you say she was skimming receipts, I disagree, the place has been open for quite some time and if that was the case at it's location I doubt it would still be open.

Back to the OP; drink elsewhere....................... I agree the drinks are priced high but it's Madison Avenue in the center of Manhattan, it's to be expected..............

In my "youth " as a barfly, I new many club owners, and managers. It was routine at all cash receits establishments to skim the gross. It used to be more pervasive at restaurants, until credit cards became the norm, and by the way, thats why the government pushed credit cards down our throats. Years ago interest on credit cards was a tax deduction which was the enticement to use them more often. Years later, the feds dumped the deduction, after we were hooked on them.

As I said before ,I had many many friends in the bar/ restaurant biz...they ALL..without exception skimmed the gross. Also watering down drinks, is as old as booze sales too!!

To this day, when my mechanic does my oil changes, and I pay him cash, it goes into his pants pockets.

PatrickFromNYC
06-10-2007, 04:14 AM

In my "youth " as a barfly, I new many club owners, and managers. It was routine at all cash receits establishments to skim the gross. It used to be more pervasive at restaurants, until credit cards became the norm, and by the way, thats why the government pushed credit cards down our throats. Years ago interest on credit cards was a tax deduction which was the enticement to use them more often. Years later, the feds dumped the deduction, after we were hooked on them.

As I said before ,I had many many friends in the bar/ restaurant biz...they ALL..without exception skimmed the gross. Also watering down drinks, is as old as booze sales too!!

To this day, when my mechanic does my oil changes, and I pay him cash, it goes into his pants pockets.\

Speaking of credit cards at restaurants..Be careful, My younger brother owns a place in queens and last month he noticed out of the corner of his eye one of his waitresses taking a picture of someones card with a camera-phone...He called a friend of his who is a NYC Cop and when her shift was up the cops arrested her. It turned out that she had over 30 credit card numbers in her phone and she would sell them to someone who clones the numbers.

peggygee
06-10-2007, 04:30 AM
A coupla cranberry juices, with a lemon or lime twist, and
a spritz, and I'm good for the night.

Great for UTIs to boot.

:shrug

TsVanessa69
06-10-2007, 04:42 AM
Yea Girls take that advice too, cuz the drinks are so high priced the guys barely buy 1 drink for themselves and never buy you a drink, they just nurse that glass till its empty and stare at the girls as they walk by. The times I went there, the only drinks I had that I didn't buy myself were from the drink tickets they give the dancers.

the Adrienne Barbeaubot
06-10-2007, 04:43 AM
I really don't know what the big deal is. It is NYC after all.Everything is expensive,especially since 911. How can anyone expect to go out and party in the Big Apple and not spend any cash? It makes no sense. I drop at least $400-$600 easily when I go out to these parties,but that's why I only go once a month.Once in a blue moon I'll go twice a month if I have the funds.Even though the girls have fun there,they are also there to work.That has to be understood.I've been into this scene for almost 5 years now and I made friends and gotten to know alot of the girls and have been going with a girl for almost a year now. By the way,the bartender is always really nice to me.

BuuBear
06-10-2007, 05:12 AM
NYTS Julie! good one!!!! (6/10 3:44am)

trannybanger
06-10-2007, 05:26 AM
two comments that strike me after reding this thread:

1) anyone (guy or gals) that wants a drink, and wants it quickly and well made should be friendly. ask the bartender how she is doing. smile. tip well on the FIRST drink. and forget how much it costs, you are there to have fun and if she does or doesn't skim, why do you give a fuck, not your business. if this is your manner, all your drinks should be good and strong and to you quickly.

2)girls that want guys to buy them a drink. give the guy some space, don't just walk up to him and ask out of the blue, no less 2 seconds after he gets there. who the fuck wants to buy someone a drink that just walks up and asks them to? and any guy that does is a complete and utter moron. if i meet a girl and i am talking to her, and enjoy her company, and her drink gets low, i will get her one without her asking. if you have to ask me, i obviously don't want to get one for you. this has nothing to do with money, just with etiquette.

olite71
06-10-2007, 07:18 AM

First:

Stoli is a premium vodka.

Second: Dollar for Dollar Stoli priced at $26.00/quart is probably the best mass produced vodka out there. (In other words, the difference between Stoli and Grey Goose or Belvedere or Shakers is minimal---so for $5.00 less a quart, Stoli is a smart buy).

Third--you should never order premium vodkas, such as stoli, in a mixed drink. Premium vodkas should only be drunk in very dry martinis or straight, period. Why the hell ruin the whole point of "premium" (i.e. smoothness) by mixing it with a very powerfully tasting mixer (tonic)?. You might as well drink Single Malt Scotch and Coca Cola. Bad form--bad all around.

Fourth: $14.00 for a drink in a club in New York, is nothing surpising. A Vodka Tonic with rail vodka was $10.00 in New York clubs 20 years ago.

Realgirls4me
06-10-2007, 07:22 AM
ROTFLMAO !!!

(The Club Vapor thing again ?)

Is this the same poster who went to a lemon tree expecting apples one night?

:mrgreen:

bryanc
06-11-2007, 05:03 AM

???? Drink before I go??? I am not a 19 year old from the fucking suburbs....If I go to a club I want to have a drink and buy girls drinks without being treated like shit.

BINGO! Precisely my point, thanks. I make enough money to afford the drinks, but it is the principle. A $14 standard vodka tonic in Manhattan, even midtown, is about 1,400% mark-up. Not even New York requires that.

MonsieurValentine
06-11-2007, 05:06 AM

BINGO! Precisely my point, thanks. I make enough money to afford the drinks, but it is the principle. A $14 standard vodka tonic in Manhattan, even midtown, is about 1,400% mark-up. Not even New York requires that.

get a better job. it's only money.

TJ347
06-11-2007, 05:08 AM

Well, look at the facts... A vodka and tonic is $14 at Club Vapor, so if you don't want to drink before you go, then pay the price and shut the hell up, since the price is what it is. Bitching isn't going to change it, whether it's the principle, the audacity, or whatever the hell else. Not trying to be a dick about it, but clearly you all are avoiding the obvious.

Realgirls4me
06-11-2007, 05:20 AM
So just out of curiosity, what do dive bars charge for drinks in New York? What would a Long Island ice tea run, a Leg Spreader shot, or a Bud Light in one of these places ?

NYCe
06-11-2007, 05:36 AM
So just out of curiosity, what do dive bars charge for drinks in New York? What would a Long Island ice tea run, a Leg Spreader shot, or a Bud Light in one of these places ?

$2 maybe $4 dollars. There's a great dive bar in New York City called "The Continental" where bands such as Iggy Pop,The Ramones, Guns N Roses and others have performed and let me tell you...their drink menu is unbeatable.

Realgirls4me
06-11-2007, 05:40 AM
Iggy Pop, The Ramones, and great drink prices?

Show me the entrance.

trannybanger
06-11-2007, 05:47 AM

$2 maybe $4 dollars. There's a great dive bar in New York City called "The Continental" where bands such as Iggy Pop,The Ramones, Guns N Roses and others have performed and let me tell you...their drink menu is unbeatable.

Great for drinks but they don't have live music anymore

gummi baer
06-11-2007, 06:38 AM
...drink Single Malt Scotch and Coca Cola. ooooo...I want one of those, please. How much? 8)

scroller
06-11-2007, 07:23 AM

Yeah, the Continental ended their music shows in the fall of last year. My band played there shortly before they turned into a sports bar.

cheez
06-11-2007, 09:11 PM
I stopped going to Vapor for more than twenty minutes a long time ago.
Look if you want to see a provider, go get an incall or outcall for anywhere from 200-400 bucks and have a good night, depending on the girl.
If you want to have a bad night, buy three drinks and spend 60 bucks on a girl who's likely going to charge you once you leave anyway. Add the 20 bucks you pay to get in and one drink for yourself and you're almost out 100 bucks before you've gotten one bit of action. So you're paying for foreplay you don't really need IF you're just out to get laid for pay.
And that's assuming the girl doesn't have another john already lined up (because if it's a regular she might bump you and then you've spent your money for naught).
If you want a date, go into Vapor pay the cover and talk to a girl for a few minutes. If she asks for a drink tell her you'd rather buy her dinner instead. Ask her where she'd like to go and then actually be ready to take her out for dinner some night. It can work and has worked for me.
I've gotten a couple of legit phone numbers that way.
And taking a girl out in public is the fastest way I've found to get a t-girl into bed for free who might otherwise charge.
But since Ashley always has a following around her I've kind of given up on vapor anyway. I'm hoping she'll put up an ad one day...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
pics of this Ashley please?

TheOne1
06-11-2007, 09:38 PM
why are people even complaining about drink prices..?

all ya gatta do is walk on the sidewalk, past the front door about a dozen times all night, pretending to look for something else, and then just annoy the girls that are out smokin'... in the little smoke pen.

you can also see the girls that leave with guys in a cab, come back 20 min later, and do it again with another guy...this process repeats throughout the night. its like the discovery channel

..the drink prices are only high cause ur paying for a drink and a movie (the bad porno, or movie playing on the back setting)

cheez
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
pics of this Ashley please?

Do I have to tell ya who Ashley is??
the most amazing chick at tranny tuesdays? the featured dancer this tuesday june 12th?
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=21362
must admit I liked her better with the black hair.
I hung out with her for a few minutes on Halloween when she was dressed as snow white. then someone else who knew her popped up and she disappeared for the rest of the night.
so I'm not wasting my time on errant missions anymore. I want to schedule her if I can.
And yes I'm aware she's post op. face like that I don't care if she's got a komodo dragon between her legs...

cheez
06-11-2007, 09:49 PM
why are people even complaining about drink prices..?

all ya gatta do is walk on the sidewalk, past the front door about a dozen times all night, pretending to look for something else, and then just annoy the girls that are out smokin'... in the little smoke pen.

you can also see the girls that leave with guys in a cab, come back 20 min later, and do it again with another guy...this process repeats throughout the night. its like the discovery channel

..the drink prices are only high cause ur paying for a drink and a movie (the bad porno, or movie playing on the back setting)

guys are not complaining about drink prices. they're complaining about paying these drink prices and not getting anything for it, which guys do in clubs with GG's too. so we're actually treating t-girls the same way we do any other girl...
let's face it, if the girls look at a guy like he's an ATM, why shouldn't the guy look at every drink like a deposit that earns him some interest?
i'm not saying that's right, but when you reduce people to these sort of terms (and it goes both ways) it dehumanizes them in a way

flabbybody
06-11-2007, 10:56 PM
If Ashley's post-op, that's news to me. can anyone confirm?

trannybanger
06-11-2007, 11:05 PM
If Ashley's post-op, that's news to me. can anyone confirm?

snip snip

elo
06-11-2007, 11:42 PM
If Ashley's post-op, that's news to me. can anyone confirm?Due to Sunny she is.