Jericho
06-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Never heard of it.

MonsieurValentine
06-09-2007, 03:56 PM
never heard of it, either...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 04:11 PM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/273051/netvibescom_keeping_your_entire_online.html

Netvibes.com: Keeping Your Entire Online Life in One Place
By Eric Fleming CLOUT INDEX
Published Jun 08, 2007

Netvibes.com: Keeping Your Entire Online Life in One Place
. I visit Bloglines to get my news feeds, but then check ESPN.com and a couple other websites to get my news. And when I want to write a quick note to myself, I either use a notepad program like Tomboy, or else I open up a text editor, jot a quick note, and save it to my hard drive.

Sure, I get a lot done, but couldn't I be more efficient? What if there was a program I could use, or a place I could go online, that would present me with all that information, all those features, and do it all from the same interface? Well, now there is.

It's a website, called Netvibes.com, and its motto is (re)mix the web. It allows you to do all the things I mentioned above, and a whole lot more. At first glance, Netvibes.com is very similar to Google's iGoogle Personalized Homepage. It allows the user to select from a variety of modules, in order to best suit a person's needs. If all you want on your home page is entertainment news from Entertainment Weekly, or sports stories about your favorite sport, Netvibes.com can help you do that.

If you want a more business-centered approach, Netvibes.com can do that as well. Simply select modules such as business and financial news, stock market tickers, set up modules to check all your email accounts, and in minutes you'll have a personalized dashboard for all your needs.

There really isn't a lot that Netvibes.com can't do. In addition to providing you with all the information you need, Netvibes.com makes it easy to find what you're looking for. Whether it's a blog search, web search or image search, Netvibes.com has a module to do just that. And if social networking is your thing, Netvibes.com also has modules for Digg, Myspace, del.icio.us, and Twitter.

As well, Netvibes.com can act as a standard RSS/Atom feed reader. You can either enter blog feeds individually, or - if you have them combined into one file - import your OPML file, and Netvibes.com will display them.

Finally, with Netvibes.com you can make your own modules, with a little know how. Or, you can visit Netvibes.com's sister site, and use third-party modules, including many of the ones already used on Google's iGoogle Customized Homepage. These modules include readers for comic strips, weather reports, TV listings, and more.

In my perusal of the site, the one big drawback I found was that there were almost too many modules I wanted to use! At the end of the day, I found myself with 20-25 modules, which makes for a big, flashy, almost overcrowded page.
. Thankfully, the Netvibes.com developers seem to have realized this as well, and have allowed for that possibility by means of tabs. Simply create a second tab, and you can then select a few lesser-used modules and relegate them to the second page. Or, you can categorize by priority. Email and news on the front page, search engines on the second page, and fun stuff at the end.

Whatever you want it to be, Netvibes.com can oblige. And I think that's really what it's all about. Just as Netvibes.com attempts to (re)mix the web, so too can you (re)mix Netvibes.com, and isn't that what it's all about?

iloveshemales77
06-09-2007, 04:22 PM
like the new avatar JW! :-)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-09-2007, 04:26 PM
thanks dude, it just seemed appropriate, EVERYONE i am around be it online or off has made Paris the focal point of convo

Jericho
06-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Netvibes.com:

Think i'll stick wth google...I'm too idle to change! :D

peggygee
06-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm currently using Google's iGoogle Personalized Homepage, but I think
I will check out Netvibe.

The Google homepage is pretty cool, but it's a little buggy, and is a
little slow to load.

Also it won't let me put in the exact content that I would like.

We'll see. :wink:

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-11-2007, 01:58 AM
day 2 using netvibe
actually everything is quicker, no more 20+ tabs open, shuffling for info, forgetting what website I wanted to frequent next

and I was able to make HA Gen Disc. a feed.....................sweet