PDA

View Full Version : I apologise for owning slaves

firejimmiller
06-09-2007, 09:42 AM
OH WAIT, that was 140 years ago. I agree it was a horrible thing, but the AL house actually wasted time voting on this? I'm the first to advocate the study of history so as not to repeat mistakes, but that doesn't mean we live with everlasting guilt.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070531/ap_on_re_us/slavery_apology

qeuqheeg222
06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
alabama knows the way the wind blows nowadays...the racial makeup there is pretty close to even between black and white...and their economy is creepin up so they better gets a lil civilized...an apology is a start...now think if someones great great grandad had gotten 40 cherce acres and a mule that the great grandchildren could have sold to some hot shot condo-real estate dee-velopers fer the big bucks...people dont see the generation inpact of plantation economics much......

ILuvGurls
06-09-2007, 02:21 PM
alabama knows the way the wind blows nowadays...the racial makeup there is pretty close to even between black and white...and their economy is creepin up so they better gets a lil civilized...an apology is a start...now think if someones great great grandad had gotten 40 cherce acres and a mule that the great grandchildren could have sold to some hot shot condo-real estate dee-velopers fer the big bucks...people dont see the generation inpact of plantation economics much......

:violin