PDA

View Full Version : Paris Hilton Leaves Prison, 'Reassigned' To House Arrest

hwbs
06-07-2007, 06:14 PM
By Gil Kaufman

Paris Hilton was released from prison on Thursday morning and "reassigned" to serve 40 days under house arrest, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said at a press conference.

The spokesperson said the reassignment was due to an unspecified medical condition; after consultation with county doctors over several days, the decision was made to reinstate her original 45-day sentence and transfer her to house arrest, with an electronic monitoring bracelet on her ankle. She will receive credit for five days served in jail, which accounts for the 40 days of home confinement.

Hilton had been serving at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California. She was admitted to the facility to begin serving her sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case (see "Paris Hilton Turns Herself In To Authorities"), directly after attending the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday night.

Her original 45-day sentence had been reduced to 23 for various reasons, including good behavior

Vala_TS
06-07-2007, 06:16 PM
This is total bullshit! I have spent more time than that indoors before so I don't see how that's a punishment. Hell, while they're at it, why don't they just make it illegal to arrest celebrities?

Vala,

Mr_Choc69
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Another example of what fame and wealth gets for you in the US of A. It amazes me that people felt she was being given a"tough time" because she had money. The "everyday working man or woman" would still be in Jail, and might have lost their job because of the sentence.

ARMANIXXX
06-07-2007, 06:37 PM
So, Paris Hilton gets to get out of jail only to be forced to spend 40 days in her MANSION.

Hawt rich famous chicks for the win I guess.
*shrug*

fhsjazztrumpet2
06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Now I know why I don't care about celebrities...

ARMANIXXX
06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
On fox news they say her house is soooo big, that the ankle bracelet she's gotta wear wont cover the whole property.

I wouldn't be surpised if she complains and she's gotta get a SPECIAL ankle bracelet just for her.

A Pink 1 no doubt.

ARMANIXXX
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
In celebratory commencement of Paris Hilton's release, I heareby submit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rKekdZSx6jg

lesrg
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
soon, it will Britney S going to Jail , i hope.

so conclusion : célébrity, money and beauty don't make the happiness

Quinn
06-07-2007, 08:11 PM
"Justice" is for sale and always comes down to how much of your specific brand you can afford. Trust me on this; I'm speaking from personal experience.

-Quinn

sucka4chix
06-07-2007, 08:17 PM
So, Paris Hilton gets to get out of jail only to be forced to spend 40 days in her MANSION.

*shrug*
Who the fuck is hawt????????!!!!!!
Although I don't really give a fuck about her, I was hoping jail time would help this out of control bi-otch, but the SYSTEM has failed again. Guess she's doomed to die some ridiculous death 'caused by her lack of judgement. Too bad.

TJT
06-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Fight the power Paris!

mph
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I now have absolutely no faith in the justice system. L.A.'s has managed to go into the negatives.

To hell with the L.A. sheriff's department, to hell with the Governator, to hell with California. I hate you all.

biguy4tvtscd
06-07-2007, 08:40 PM
I would often argue with people who said it, but now I am in 100% complete agreement....The United States Justice System is a fucking senseless and rather unfunny joke.

Disgraceful, simply disgraceful. Shame on all of us.

suckseed
06-07-2007, 08:46 PM
I have to think that it's possible that this miserable little shit will get hers later in life, whether karmically or in some spectacular tabloid fashion fuckup. My mom told me that her dad beat his first wife on their honeymoon decades ago.
It is hard not to hate extremely wealthy people. Just knowing that there are babies in slums while they contemplate their next yacht...how do these people sleep?
Fuck em all. :evil:

LOCpunks
06-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Are you guys serious? Who do you think this bitch is, Rae Carruth? What did you REALLY think was going to happen? That a celebrity was gonna serve her time for a DUI on the main block? Please.

CockStroker
06-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Well, I guess her mansion is the best place for all the free fucks and blow jobs she promised to get out of jail.

BTW: This make news just all around the world right now and guess who's not looking good ...

LOCpunks
06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
and is this REALLY what angers you about our justice system? I really hope you people don't think about THIS when you think about the faults of our justice system...as thousands of nonviolent drug offenders line our prison blocks and hike our taxes...as thousands of rapists, murderers, and armed robbers are pled out on the daily.

Who the fuck cares about Paris Hilton getting a misdemeanor? I sure as hell don't. She's apparently good as hell at what she does (being an attention-whoring socialite) to get you guys this worked up over that.

TJT
06-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I figure she was having severe drug and alcohol withdrawl. Kicking addicts are a suicide risk.

Would you want to have the hassle LA County officals would've faced if she hung herself with a blanket?

The media has made Anna Nicole Smith a saint after her od. Paris Hilton killing herself in jail would be a media clusterfuck of the first order.

Send her home and take the heat.

qeuqheeg222
06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
nothing like house arrest in a hollywood hills mansion complete with "helpers" and "keepers"...omg she got her blackberry back..hello..lol...

biguy4tvtscd
06-07-2007, 10:32 PM
It is hard not to hate extremely wealthy people.
Have to disagree vehemently. Not because I am wealthy, but rather because I aspire to be.

Hating people because they're wealthy is about as sour grapes as one can get. Don't hate 'em cause they're rich, hate them IF they're assholes. Being an asshole has no bearing on your bank account.

I really hope you people don't think about THIS when you think about the faults of our justice system...as thousands of nonviolent drug offenders line our prison blocks and hike our taxes...as thousands of rapists, murderers, and armed robbers are pled out on the daily.
You're right, what you mention is indeed one reason to get worked up about the justice system. Certainly not the only reason though.

Seeing lady justice suck on the same celebrity dick the rest of Amercia has fallen for is another.

A final reason is seeing court cases won not on facts and truth, but rather showmanship and charisma.

Indeed, there's a couple of reasons to get angry over the current state of the american justice system. No one is more or less valid than the others.

mph
06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
LOC: This situation exemplifies the problem you're talking about: People not getting the punishment they deserve.

In Maryland, if you pull the shit she did, you'd get a year in prison, easily. But no, in shitty-ass California, she gets to go home and be catered to for no goddamn reason.

I surely would not mind if she died in an accident while pulling one of her driving stunts. Just like I wouldn't mind if rapists got violated anally 30-40 times. Unfortunately, my beliefs and the term "cruel and unusual punishment" are mutually exclusive.

tsntx
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
"Justice" is for sale and always comes down to how much of your specific brand you can afford. Trust me on this; I'm speaking from personal experience.

-Quinn

yes i am... wait what was the topic?

crayons
06-07-2007, 11:29 PM
What I love about this is how people just say "this is total bullshit" like you revel on the injustice. If this sort of thing happened in any other country citizens would rally and fucking do something about it. Americans are lazy and don't care so rich people can get away with anything (including murder). Revel in ignorance folks!

P.S. tsntx = HAWT!!!

Quinn
06-07-2007, 11:38 PM

-Quinn

yes i am... wait what was the topic?

LOL... Even if it took my slow ass a second or two to get it.

-Quinn

sucka4chix
06-07-2007, 11:43 PM
It is hard not to hate extremely wealthy people.
Have to disagree vehemently. Not because I am wealthy, but rather because I aspire to be.

Hating people because they're wealthy is about as sour grapes as one can get. Don't hate 'em cause they're rich, hate them IF they're assholes. Being an asshole has no bearing on your bank account.

And I must vehemently disagree with you! While being an asshole has no bearing on your bank account, your bank account has direct bearing on you being an asshole. No one has gotten filthy rich without being an asshole. It can't happen.

BeardedOne
06-07-2007, 11:57 PM
No one has gotten filthy rich without being an asshole. It can't happen.

Yes it can, though I s'pose it depends on your definition of 'filthy' in this matter. I know some millionaires that are pretty cool and don't flaunt their status and have the bonus of having actually worked for their money. Maybe that's what makes the difference, as it seems that there are more second-generation wealthy assholes than firsts.

LOCpunks
06-08-2007, 01:24 AM
biguy4tvtscd and mph:

You guys are missing my point. The point I was trying to make obviously regards the MAGNITUDE of injustice. Of course some injustices should be heeded more than others!

Many DUI/OUI cases, even on a 2nd offense, are dropped/handled without criminal charges all across the U.S. It was her first offense. It is clear that the courts were making an example of her. If you want to complain about her getting released early, go complain about the countless repeat offenders I've seen walk away only losing their license for a year or less and having to do a few hours of community service.

Under the current policy of most states (read POLICY, not STATUTE), Paris Hilton would most likely never gave gone to jail in the first place. In an age where star football players (read Ray Lewis) get murder pled down to 1 year probation, this shouldn't even raise a fucking eyebrow.

The only thing this fiasco did is highlight how pathetic the American people are for letting a do-nothing socialite become the biggest celebrity in the nation - to the point where the justice system feels it needs to make an example of her.

sucka4chix
06-08-2007, 01:48 AM
biguy4tvtscd and mph:

You guys are missing my point. The point I was trying to make obviously regards the MAGNITUDE of injustice. Of course some injustices should be heeded more than others!

Many DUI/OUI cases, even on a 2nd offense, are dropped/handled without criminal charges all across the U.S. It was her first offense. It is clear that the courts were making an example of her. If you want to complain about her getting released early, go complain about the countless repeat offenders I've seen walk away only losing their license for a year or less and having to do a few hours of community service.

Under the current policy of most states (read POLICY, not STATUTE), Paris Hilton would most likely never gave gone to jail in the first place. In an age where star football players (read Ray Lewis) get murder pled down to 1 year probation, this shouldn't even raise a fucking eyebrow.

The only thing this fiasco did is highlight how pathetic the American people are for letting a do-nothing socialite become the biggest celebrity in the nation - to the point where the justice system feels it needs to make an example of her.
The point you're missing is she wasn't going to jail for DUI but for violating her probation!!!!!!!!

suckseed
06-08-2007, 01:59 AM
No one has gotten filthy rich without being an asshole. It can't happen.

Yes it can, though I s'pose it depends on your definition of 'filthy' in this matter. I know some millionaires that are pretty cool and don't flaunt their status and have the bonus of having actually worked for their money. Maybe that's what makes the difference, as it seems that there are more second-generation wealthy assholes than firsts.

My point is that I make about $2500 a month right now and I still donate to worthy causes and help others frequently...I too aspire to be wealthy someday and will contribute even more when I do....but knowing that 3% control 90% of the money means that the haves are doing more hoarding than sharing. That's what I despise. Individuals may indeed be philanthropic.
Perhaps I should have been clearer.

rick_932
06-08-2007, 04:02 AM

*shrug*

that bitch is far from hot

BuuBear
06-08-2007, 04:17 AM
WTF Released???? That Medical condition better be something really big, idiot politicions!

LOCpunks
06-08-2007, 07:29 AM
The point you're missing is she wasn't going to jail for DUI but for violating her probation!!!!!!!!

LOL! Yeah, for driving with a suspended license! Terms which are part of the first offense DUI charge it stemmed from. Are you even familiar with how low level administrative probation works? A probation violation DOES NOT usually mean jail time. It's as if you expect the courts to GO HARDER on a celebrity than the rest of the population (rather than the other way around). Most people DO NOT go to jail for DUIs or for subsequent probation violations, although they do leave them stuck in the system for a long time. Believe me, if people got sent to jail over every little probation violation, a lot of people I know (and probably you as well) would have gone to jail a long time ago. I think some of you are confused about how the justice system works; statute guidelines are almost NEVER used to determine sentencing outside of cases with aggravated circumstances.

Next up, you guys are gonna be calling for imprisonment of celebrities on marijuana possession! On jaywalking! Marked lanes violations!

Fascists! :roll:

Don't get me wrong; I don't condone operating under the influence, but I also don't condone the policy of imprisoning a scarce few and probating the vast majority. I've been in court my share of times. Every single time, I have seen repeat and probationary offenders escape criminal charges. If you'll do some research, you'll find that most violation cases are resolved by having the probation terms reinstated. Celebrity status aside, she normally would never have been sentenced to jail in the first place. Now, if that is something that legitimately bothers you, take it up with the state of California because that is HOW THEY HANDLE DUI CASES AND RESULTING PROBATION VIOLATIONS. Seeing as house arrest is a harsher punishment than most defendants receive for this type of thing, I fail to see how anyone should be upset that a celebrity is "getting off easy."

Like I said, if you're looking for an injustice to get worked up about here, it should be in relation to how the district attorney's office functions, NOT to how celebrities are treated. To actually be upset by this (and not be MUCH MORE outraged at the thousands of other repeat DUI offenders who not only have avoided jailtime, but simply had to pay series of fines and attend a "Brains at Risk" course) is almost comical. And some will inevitably say, "Oh, well, uhhh...I am," but at the same time, you're sitting here complaining about Paris Hilton, when under the status quo, there really is no injustice at all in her case (outside of an ethical basis anyway). It's like the evening news report where a two-minute story about celebrities making drunk/drugged-out asses of themselves outshines a 15-second snip-it about an armed robbery of the local corner store. People SAY they care about both when they really only care about the former. THAT is what really scares me, and I have a feeling that THAT is why she was sentenced so harshly to begin with - to make an example.

This actually brings to light the very fucked up nature of our justice system. Probationary terms are widely overused to bring in a sizeable portion of state revenues (while prison terms obviously cost the state a sizeable portion of its budget). She never should have been sentenced to jail - at least on the basis that celebrities should be treated like everyone else; if she was treated like everyone else, she would have skated on her subsequent probation violations, paid some hefty fines, and gone back to being a stupid bitch. Just like that.

mbf
06-08-2007, 08:56 AM
i d happily buy her a ticket to GUANTANAMO, or if thats not exotic enough, why not a stay at the love HOTEL ABU GRAIB ???

Willie Escalade
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Favoritism, plain and simple. If it was some poor girl from East LA, she's in County for the full sentence.

In the USA, money equals power. That's it.