PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is P Diddy an embarassment?

suckseed
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
The dude has been brought to my attention by the riveting music thread elsewhere on the front page today. Now, I fully realize he's a millionaire and I'm not, etc. etc. But seriously. Did he ever do a great song? I mean, besides Kashmir, heh. Does the man have anything to say other than 'Look at Me, I'm
So Awesome I Shit Faberge eggs?'

How the fuck does the world which gave us everything from Ellington to Mahalia to Aretha to Wonder let fools like this rise to the top of anything?
You know, when I was a kid I promised never to get old and stodgy, and I don't think I have. But back then there were giants. We've gone from redwood forests to a christmas tree farm in a Walmart lot. And that's the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45MghyE8pOI

MrsKellyPierce
06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
You're such a hippie

mph
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM
P Diddy is overly full of himself. To even claim to be "inventor of the remix" is just arrogant beyond belief.

He's yet another "artist" that I don't give a shit about. And his "music" sucks to boot.

Kabuki
06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
The dude has been brought to my attention by the riveting music thread elsewhere on the front page today. Now, I fully realize he's a millionaire and I'm not, etc. etc. But seriously. Did he ever do a great song? I mean, besides Kashmir, heh. Does the man have anything to say other than 'Look at Me, I'm

How the fuck does the world which gave us everything from Ellington to Mahalia to Aretha to Wonder let fools like this rise to the top of anything?
You know, when I was a kid I promised never to get old and stodgy, and I don't think I have. But back then there were giants. We've gone from redwood forests to a christmas tree farm in a Walmart lot. And that's the truth.

Well, his new work isn't great, but you have to respect what he has done in the industry. He founded and still runs Bad Boy records. His artists have made a lot of money over the years. His greatest work was with the Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls. In the rap industry, B.I.G. is considered one of the greatest of all time. I could really go into details about his career, although I'm not a real Diddy fan. He has been in the game for over ten years now, so he's doing something right.

suckseed
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
You're such a hippie

Kiddo...hippies hate me. Even when I had long hair they could somehow sense that I wasn't one of the herd. :lol: Something about bathing I think.

MrsKellyPierce
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Well, his new work isn't great, but you have to respect what he has done in the industry. He founded and still runs Bad Boy records. His artists have made a lot of money over the years. His greatest work was with the Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls. In the rap industry, B.I.G. is considered one of the greatest of all time. I could really go into details about his career, although I'm not a real Diddy fan. He has been in the game for over ten years now, so he's doing something right. Agreed

LOCpunks
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
What can you say? He was Biggie's man. He played his position, and knows how to make a buck. Yeah, he's a fuckin clown, but I'd say that about most of the entertainment industry (especially in mainstream rap).

peggygee
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Perhaps because of having The Notorious B.I.G., Faith Evans, 112,
Mase, New Edition, Total, and few other acts on his label, he has some
cred. Though admittedly none of the afore-mentioned are chart stoppers.

Through diversifying into apparel with his Sean John clothing
line, and picking up where Russel Simmons left off with Def Comedy
Jam, Sean Combs has shown himself to be an entreprenaurial force to
be reckoned with.

Judging him strictly as an entertainer, I'm sorry that 'dawg' won't hunt.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/Rover.gif

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
not for nothing but I blame http://archives.cnn.com/1999/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/27/combs.lopez.04/link.combs.jpg
partially for the intro of what I call 'material rap.' During and after Big's death Puffy & Co. were what I think (and this is just IMO) the final nails on the coffin of true hip hop before it was deemed resurrected underground through artists such as Mos Def, Talib kweli, Big L, etc.

Puffy funded an organization that saw as we call them 'hookups' from outside industries that he and his artists named in their lyrics. It went from "It was all a dream i used to read word up magazine" to well shit pick any line from any lil kim album, Big's 2nd and truly last album, Mase, etc. under Badboy and you'll see where I'm going with this..............

He's also tried to be something he's never been 'a gangster type imaged fellow' actually that whole selection of words in that term is comical but we are talking about 'P Diddy' so it works. This is a guy that made up fliers for a party in a hall that ended up on every major network news show the same night because of the riot/stampede resulting in several people being hurt and if I recall correctly some people dying.

I will admit he's done some good for the community, he's given Black comedians some limelight via HBO and he's done some MTV gigs with failed music artists in horrible groups, but other than that he's just a hustler that got lucky and was in the right room with the right money man who needed a blowjob which he willingly provided to get to the top.........

ARMANIXXX
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/special+ed/i+got+it+made_20128651.html

*verse 1*
Im your idol, the highest title, numero uno
Im not a puerto rican, but Im speakin so that you know
And understand I got the gift of speech
And its a blessin,
So listen to the lesson I preach
I talk sense condensed into the form of a poem
Full of knowledge from my toes to the top of my dome
Im kinda young--but my tongue speaks maturity
Im not a child, I dont need nothin for security
I get paid when my record is played--to put it short
I got it made

*verse 2*
Im outspoken--
My language is broken into a slang
But its just a dialect that I select when I hang
I play it cool--cuz coolin is all that Im about
Just foolin wit tha girlies, yes Im bustin it out
Im special ed and you can tell by the style that I use
Im creatively superior, yo--i never lose
I never lost cuz Im the boss
I never will cuz Im still
The champion, chief one, wont lose until--
I choose

Which I wont cuz I dont retreat
Ill run you over like a truck and leave you dead in the street
Youre invitin me, a titan to a battle--why?
I dont need your respect cuz i--
Got it made

*verse 3*
Im talented, yes Im gifted
Never boosted, never shoplifted
I got the cash, but maoney aint nothin
Make a million dollars every record that I cut and--
My name is special ed and Im a super-duper star
Ever other week I get a brand new car
Got twenty, thats plenty yet I still want more
Kinda fond of honda scooters--got seventy-four
I got the riches--to fulfill my needs
Got land in the sand of the west indies
Even got a little island of my very own--
I gotta frog--a dog with a solid gold bone
An accountant to account the amount I spent
Gotta treaty with tahiti cuz I own a percent
Got gear out wear--to everyday
Boutiques from france to the u.s.a.
And I make all the money from the rhymes I invent
So it really doesnt matter--how much I spent, because, yo
I make fresh rhymes--daily
You burn me--really?
Think, just blink and I made--a million rhymes
Just imagine if you blinked-- a million times
Damn Id be paid--
I got it made

*verse 4*
Im kinda spoiled
Cuz everything I want I got made
I wanted gear--got everything from cotton to suede
I wanted lead--i didnt beg I just got laid
My hair was growin too long, so I got me a fade
And when my dishes got dirty, I got cascade
When the weather was hot, I got a spot in the shade
Im wise because I rise to the top of my grade
Wanted peace on earth, so to God I prayed
Some kids across town thought I was afraid
They couldnt harm me--
I got the army brigade
Im not a trader
If what you got is greater Ill trade
But maybe later cuz my waiter made potato -n- alligator souflee--
I got it made

--SPECIAL ED

ARMANIXXX
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
^
You know what JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel,

I was gonna use that to combat what you said,

But then I read it for ol time sake.....and I can't......cause that Special Ed shit was tight.

lol

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-06-2007, 10:38 PM
LMAO, you would have had a fair argument though.................
would have been good to debate that one

ARMANIXXX
06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
LOL

When my dishes, got dirty, I got Cascade,
When the weather was hot I got a spot in the shade,
I'm wise cause I rise to the top of my grade,
I wanted peace on Earth so to God I prayed,
Some kids across town thought I was afraid,
They couldn't harm me.......I got the Army Brigade.

That shit was ill.

No way I'm gonna fight the classics.

LOL.

hwbs
06-06-2007, 11:32 PM
as an artist yeah....but everyone loves some diddy , lmao...damn does this mean im gonna get a free sean john track suit :anon

Kabuki
06-06-2007, 11:37 PM
as an artist yeah....but everyone loves some diddy , lmao...damn does this mean im gonna get a free sean john track suit :anon

I want a sean john suit myself :wink:

hwbs
06-06-2007, 11:52 PM
BAD BOY....DONT STOP ...WONT STOP.... :anon

ARMANIXXX
06-06-2007, 11:56 PM

__________________________________________________ ________________

You can,

But you have to shave your head into a mohawk while running in a NYC marathon while eating a Juniors cheesecake made with breast milk from a cambodian woman's titty.

trannybanger
06-06-2007, 11:57 PM
not for nothing but I blame http://archives.cnn.com/1999/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/27/combs.lopez.04/link.combs.jpg
partially for the intro of what I call 'material rap.' During and after Big's death Puffy & Co. were what I think (and this is just IMO) the final nails on the coffin of true hip hop before it was deemed resurrected underground through artists such as Mos Def, Talib kweli, Big L, etc.

Puffy funded an organization that saw as we call them 'hookups' from outside industries that he and his artists named in their lyrics. It went from "It was all a dream i used to read word up magazine" to well shit pick any line from any lil kim album, Big's 2nd and truly last album, Mase, etc. under Badboy and you'll see where I'm going with this..............

He's also tried to be something he's never been 'a gangster type imaged fellow' actually that whole selection of words in that term is comical but we are talking about 'P Diddy' so it works. This is a guy that made up fliers for a party in a hall that ended up on every major network news show the same night because of the riot/stampede resulting in several people being hurt and if I recall correctly some people dying.

I will admit he's done some good for the community, he's given Black comedians some limelight via HBO and he's done some MTV gigs with failed music artists in horrible groups, but other than that he's just a hustler that got lucky and was in the right room with the right money man who needed a blowjob which he willingly provided to get to the top.........

I concur fully.... as I listen to Reflection Eternal

Ratbutt
06-07-2007, 12:19 AM
We have been at War in Iraq for 5 years, do you really think a bitch like P-Diddy matters?

Azanti
06-07-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't give a fat frogs arse about him or his music. Never met him so who knows what he is really like?

Like J-Lo he is a product and like any product he won't be to everyones taste.

Silcc69
06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Give Puffy his credit he's worth over 400 million dollars. BTW I would've luved to see him and Tupac in a fight.

TJ347
06-07-2007, 12:48 AM
A friend and I were talking about "Diddy" a while back, and laughing about how he was a clown, while listening to B.I.G.'s "My Downfall". I found it ironic that just as we concluded that brief discussion, there was "Puffy" at the end of the song, saying the following...

"See, y'all motherfuckers live off of negativity. What y'all niggas need to get through your motherfuckin' heads is that, y'all fucking with some niggas that's on a higher motherfuckin' level... We don't give a fuck about what you think about us, how you feel about us, what you got to say about us... We gone keep doing our motherfuckin' thing from now to the year 3000 bitches..."

Of course, I still think he's a clown, but I also know now that he doesn't much care for me either.

Bic
06-07-2007, 02:25 AM

:claps: :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps

wow man your rule. he is a waste. and Kashmir wasnt even his song so where does he get off?

Well, his new work isn't great, but you have to respect what he has done in the industry. He founded and still runs Bad Boy records. His artists have made a lot of money over the years. His greatest work was with the Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls. In the rap industry, B.I.G. is considered one of the greatest of all time. I could really go into details about his career, although I'm not a real Diddy fan. He has been in the game for over ten years now, so he's doing something right.

he hasnt done anything for the industry except glorify sampling and taking other peoples beats and making them his. half of his work is done already

oh and what is with the name "diddy" sounds like an elamentry school nursery rhym or something. what a joke. the dude is near 40 and still refers to himself as a "bad boy" what a dork

The Truth
06-07-2007, 02:32 AM

:claps: :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps :claps

wow man your rule. he is a waste. and Kashmir wasnt even his song so where does he get off?

he hasnt done anything for the industry except glorify sampling and taking other peoples beats and making them his. half of his work is done alreadyThat's what producers do. He's great at that, if you measure his success by the amount of cash the artists that he produces make. But as a rapper, he sucks big time.

francisfkudrow
06-07-2007, 02:40 AM
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/special+ed/i+got+it+made_20128651.html

*verse 1*
Im your idol, the highest title, numero uno
Im not a puerto rican, but Im speakin so that you know
And understand I got the gift of speech
And its a blessin,
So listen to the lesson I preach
I talk sense condensed into the form of a poem
Full of knowledge from my toes to the top of my dome
Im kinda young--but my tongue speaks maturity
Im not a child, I dont need nothin for security
I get paid when my record is played--to put it short
I got it made

*verse 2*
Im outspoken--
My language is broken into a slang
But its just a dialect that I select when I hang
I play it cool--cuz coolin is all that Im about
Just foolin wit tha girlies, yes Im bustin it out
Im special ed and you can tell by the style that I use
Im creatively superior, yo--i never lose
I never lost cuz Im the boss
I never will cuz Im still
The champion, chief one, wont lose until--
I choose

Which I wont cuz I dont retreat
Ill run you over like a truck and leave you dead in the street
Youre invitin me, a titan to a battle--why?
I dont need your respect cuz i--
Got it made

*verse 3*
Im talented, yes Im gifted
Never boosted, never shoplifted
I got the cash, but maoney aint nothin
Make a million dollars every record that I cut and--
My name is special ed and Im a super-duper star
Ever other week I get a brand new car
Got twenty, thats plenty yet I still want more
Kinda fond of honda scooters--got seventy-four
I got the riches--to fulfill my needs
Got land in the sand of the west indies
Even got a little island of my very own--
I gotta frog--a dog with a solid gold bone
An accountant to account the amount I spent
Gotta treaty with tahiti cuz I own a percent
Got gear out wear--to everyday
Boutiques from france to the u.s.a.
And I make all the money from the rhymes I invent
So it really doesnt matter--how much I spent, because, yo
I make fresh rhymes--daily
You burn me--really?
Think, just blink and I made--a million rhymes
Just imagine if you blinked-- a million times
Damn Id be paid--
I got it made

*verse 4*
Im kinda spoiled
Cuz everything I want I got made
I wanted gear--got everything from cotton to suede
I wanted lead--i didnt beg I just got laid
My hair was growin too long, so I got me a fade
And when my dishes got dirty, I got cascade
When the weather was hot, I got a spot in the shade
Im wise because I rise to the top of my grade
Wanted peace on earth, so to God I prayed
Some kids across town thought I was afraid
They couldnt harm me--
I got the army brigade
Im not a trader
If what you got is greater Ill trade
But maybe later cuz my waiter made potato -n- alligator souflee--
I got it made

--SPECIAL ED

Holy shit. I thought I was the only one who remembered Special Ed. Me and my one high school friend used to ponder whether this song was meant to be a joke, or meant to be serious.

hwbs
06-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Give Puffy his credit he's worth over 400 million dollars. BTW I would've luved to see him and Tupac in a fight.

that is sean john money ,lol....i give him hid due on that