PDA

View Full Version : The Bomb

hondarobot
06-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Detonates tomarrow. At least the preview video does.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Best PC game series ever. There isn't anything else to say on the subject. They even got Obi Wan's jedi master (Liam Neeson) to do voice work this time around.

8)

ARMANIXXX
06-05-2007, 05:29 AM
I've never played it.

What type of genre is it?

TJ347
06-05-2007, 06:30 AM
...and here I thought they'd managed to save the cheerleader, thus saving the world. Guess not...

hondarobot
06-05-2007, 07:10 AM
The most interesting thing about the Fallout series (which would be restricted to Fallout 1 and 2, the spin offs were different deals entirely) is that the guys who made it really understood the concept of RPG's. There was a definative way to "win" the game, but that wasn't the point. It was a well told, open ended, interactive story. And I don't want to hear any "Final Fantasy" bullshit in comparison, those games were retarded.

What Bethesda is going to do with the series is anyones guess at this point. They had the cash to pick up any game franchise they wanted to after their Elder Scrolls/Morrowind windfall, not to mention the various Star Trek titles. They picked Fallout. Good fuckin call, I'd say.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Launch is expected to be around January '08. It's too bad the original game designers got kicked out of the loop, and then Troika bit the dust, but they made a couple more cool games before they went down.

Oh, cheerleader reference = "Heroes" the tv show. I watched one episode. Didn't like it.

BuuBear
06-05-2007, 08:06 AM
I thought Fallout was an FPS, not an rpg....

hondarobot
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Nope, Fallout 1 & 2 were RPGs. Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel was a RTS, and there was another spin-off released for a console that may have been a shooter, but I never checked that one out.

Here is the Wiki for further information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_(computer_game)

And the damn preview is timing out every time I check the site this morning! As they say, though, good things come to those who wait.

:wink: