PDA

View Full Version : Your "Legacy"

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-04-2007, 08:55 AM
What would you like to leave behind (life works, community contribution etc.) for future generations? And how would you like people to remember you by/as?

:P

~Kisses.

HTG

Mercurye
06-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Hmm..you tend to bring up good topics.../cheer Hara Juku :)

Well I am still young, 22 so its pretty hard to answer the questions...I think..

I think it would have to do something artful and with gender/sexuality...a grand project called "Fluid"...yes yes...but how and what I dont know :P

And I would like to be remembered as that man who dared to be a woman too, because thats whats important for me...daring to be

Oh, and I use a lot of dots inbetween :P

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks Mercurye. Just something interesting I suppose we all could discuss on here. :P

Oh and goodluck with your transition. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Jericho
06-04-2007, 01:28 PM
I'd like a sandwich named after me.
Bananna and marmite or something like that. :)

LG
06-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.- Woody Allen

Seriously though? I'd like to be remember through my work for a little while at least, but mostly I'd like to be remembered fondly by the people who have known me. If they can smile and say "He was a good man" then that's enough for me. And if the people I love, especially, get together once a year in my memory to sit and drink and to talk, laugh and sing, then I'll have done my duty here on earth.

Love and morality are two of the most important things for me. If I can show my love to the people I care about, through actions rather than just empty words, and if I can stand tall when others break or bend over and fight for what I believe is right when apathy reigns supreme, I've done my work.

I expect I may also be remembered as a formerly very heavy drinker (a friend suggested I had a death wish), a continually lapsing Christian, a good cook, a good friend who can always keep a secret (because I tend to forget them), a decent driver but a bad reader of maps and a man who told people he could play the guitar but really couldn't.

Hopefully before I die I will also be regarded as a loving husband and a good father (possibly of adopted children). I'd love to live long enough to be a grandfather and have my grandkids on my knees.

What about you Hara?

Ecstatic
06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Well, it's too late for me to die young and leave a good looking corpse.... :lol:

LG, you put it well (as usual). I would also primarily like to be remembered as a good guy, a true friend, a loving husband/brother/son/uncle, and someone who tried to make a difference in causes important to me, even if in a small way (environmentalism, transgender rights, spiritual depth without religious proselytizing).

It would also be cool to pull an Emily Dickinson and have my novels, poetry and other writing finally discovered post-humously and gain that elusive recognition at long last. :lol:

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Love and morality are two of the most important things for me. If I can show my love to the people I care about, through actions rather than just empty words, and if I can stand tall when others break or bend over and fight for what I believe is right when apathy reigns supreme, I've done my work.

Nice LG! :P

As for me, I really dont have much of a wider goals that would have any significant impact on a global scale (I dont think). That would be nice but I'd like to start off with my own family. If I can teach and show them individually about being more loving, compassionate and understanding of people and that transexuality isnt bad and they in turn could pass that on to others then I'm happy. :P

I'd like to make the people I care about (friends and family) happy while I'm still here since I never really cared about it growing up until now. And this includes the people I see and help at work. It would also be awesome IF..in some way, shape or form I could have touched people's lives even through a few post. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Kabuki
06-04-2007, 09:47 PM
It would also be awesome IF..in some way, shape or form I could have touched people's lives even through a few post.

I believe simple acts of kindness can touch people's lives. We usually touch people's lives, and don't even realize it.

As for me, I would like to leave this world knowing that I helped my family become more stable. I'm hoping to help my niece and nephew graduate from a decent college in the future. They're both still young, and adorable of course :wink: I don't want them to struggle like I have.

I've been through a lot, but I managed to graduate from a decent university. I survived one of the hardest art programs in my department. Surprising, since I almost dropped out of high school. If I didn't hit some other obstacles, I would have my grad degree by now.

I would love to leave behind scholarships for talented artists that need financial help. I see too many talented people in the world who just need some help...to show the world what they can do. Hopefully when I'm stable, I'll mentor young artists.

I would like to be remembered as a talented artist, who helped people when I could. I hope I'll leave behind a body of work that will impress and inspire people.

mbf
06-04-2007, 10:55 PM
despite countless self-help books you cant really plan much in life, or rather, not many plans work really out so.....

id liek to invent useful things

and my legacy would be if after my demise MORE people say "he was a great guy" than "good riddance that asshole made it finally into the coffin"

Hara_Juku Tgirl
06-05-2007, 04:42 AM
my legacy would be if after my demise MORE people say "he was a great guy" than "good riddance that asshole made it finally into the coffin"

That's funny mfb..I almost choke on my latte. :lol: Pictured reading that on someone's tombstone! LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
*Bump

~Kisses.

HTG