PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Short Film

HornieHubbieinCT
06-04-2007, 04:14 AM
It's called "She Kills He"

http://www.logoonline.com/sitewide/apps/mediaplayer/index.jhtml?vid=140528&section_0=shows&section_1=events&section_2=short_films&section_3=2006&section_4=details.jhtml&refURL=/shows/events/short_films/2006/details.jhtml&adPth=/adsetup/home/&adPN=details

Its about 20 minutes long, a sweet, yet realistic love story between a gangbanger in Miami and a transgender. Might be fruit for some interesting comments.

HH

TomSelis
06-04-2007, 05:07 AM
I thought it was pretty good.

HornieHubbieinCT
06-04-2007, 05:29 AM
It seemed very true to me. Like the part where he told her to get a real job. What kind of "real job"? It's hard enough for openly gay men to work outside certain occuplations. Transgendered women? Where? Wall Street? Bank Teller? Receptionist? Hah!

I knew a t-girl named Wendy who, like a lot of the girls I've known over the years, was very sweet and empathetic. She persisted in the belief that she could find work in the healthcare industry. She spent her days interviewing for jobs at clinics, elderly care facilities visiting nurse organizations...where ever. Her nights were spent on the stroll to pay her rent and meds. I lost track of her when my life took a different turn, but I still feel sad when I thiink about her. And that movie made he think of her.

HH

TomSelis
06-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Well, like most guys that wander into this, he didn't quite understand that. From experience that's a hard pill to swallow and some girls do have legit jobs. But to his credit, he stuck by her.

It could've been explored more, but it was still a nice little short film.

TomSelis
06-05-2007, 12:29 AM
*bump*