PDA

View Full Version : can u drive to brasil?

Youngmc
06-03-2007, 11:17 PM
can u drive to brasil from the united states and if so how long does it take?

muhmuh
06-03-2007, 11:21 PM
buy yourself a map these things are really helpful from time to time (youre on that huge longish green/brown bit to the left)

whatsupwithat
06-03-2007, 11:25 PM
i'm sure there is a board or forum somewhere where this question would be the hot topic of the day...but on ha?

jefferson1776
06-03-2007, 11:26 PM
I think u can, their is an Transamerican international highway, but watch out for Colombia...lol. Google It

BeardedOne
06-03-2007, 11:33 PM
You can pretty mcuh drive from Thunder Bay to Ushuaia without having to resort to boat/plane/dogsled. Beware the local rules and "authority" though as rural roads below the US are typically governed by local thugs in uniform. This varies from country to country and AAA and CAA can usually provide tourist alerts about particular areas. You might also want to ping your local consul for travel advisories.

muhmuh
06-03-2007, 11:34 PM
oh and by the way you cant drive on the blue stuff

LG
06-03-2007, 11:35 PM
This site looks useful: http://www.roadtripamerica.com/index.htm

Sounds like quite a roadtrip. I wonder how long that will take. I'd imagine the Amazon rainforest might be a bit of a bitch to drive through...

Coroner
06-04-2007, 12:35 AM

rent a horse

praetor
06-04-2007, 12:39 AM

rent a horse

I agree, u can rent a nazi horse in Central Europe.....specially in Hitler land.

Ecstatic
06-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Just remember to head south through the main body of Mexico and not the Baja....

LG
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM

rent a horse

I agree, u can rent a nazi horse in Central Europe.....specially in Hitler land.
:roll:
This looks like a job for the fire services.
http://brian.spacelist.org/photo/house.jpg
http://www.ssentinel.com/2003%20Oyster%20Fest%20photos/Fireman-strobe-truck.jpg
http://www.walton.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/firemen.jpg

Teabagger Vance
06-04-2007, 01:22 AM

Excellent questions. What I would like to know myself is can you ride a bus down there?

TomSelis
06-04-2007, 01:52 AM
It seems the pan-american highway is a mess. But you could get to Brasil. Somebody said something about Columbia, not only would you risk getting kidnapped, robbed or killed but there's a break in the highway between Panama and Columbia that's all rainforest.

But there's hope. Quoted from wikipedia: A continuation of the Pan-American Highway to the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro uses a ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia in Uruguay and Uruguay Highway 1 to Montevideo. Uruguay Highway 9 and Brazil Highway 471 route to near Pelotas, from where Brazil Highway 116 leads to Rio de Janeiro.

I guess if you had a few months, speak Spanish fluently, have an assault rifle for defense, and a lot of money to bribe corrupt police who practice mordida from Mexico all the way to Brasil, it's doable. It would make a great story. Not for the faint of heart.

traumatism
06-04-2007, 01:55 AM
go on google maps. select ur starting point and destination. it will tell you the distance and the duration

Coroner
06-04-2007, 02:25 AM

rent a horse

LOL, it was not a joke about Brazil. I love Brazil, man, what´s up with you?

Austria is so Nazi that Mengele had to hide in Brazil along with his fellowers.......

Vala_TS
06-04-2007, 02:28 AM
You could but it probably wouldn't be the best idea in the world. Especially when driving through all of those central American countries. The only international roadtrip I've ever been on was to Vancouver, BC, Canada but that's a First world nation so I can't speak for going to 2nd or 3rd class nations. No offense meant to anyone.

Vala,

Coroner
06-04-2007, 02:31 AM
You could but it probably wouldn't be the best idea in the world. Especially when driving through all of those central American countries. The only international roadtrip I've ever been on was to Vancouver, BC, Canada but that's a First world nation so I can't speak for going to 2nd or 3rd class nations. No offense meant to anyone.

Vala,

You Nazi! :lol:

muhmuh
06-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Austria is so Nazi that Mengele had to hide in Brazil along with his fellowers.......

"Sportkamerad Dipl Ing Christemann und ich - wir sind seit 1945 in Argentinien wo wir herzlich aufgenommen worden sind."
"So ist es!"
"Während wir in der Heimat als Kriegsverbrecher denunziert werden!"
"So ist es leider auch..."
"Nun zum Spiel... es ist ein herrlicher Sommertag hier in Cordoba."
"Kommen wir gleich zur Mannschaftsaufstellung - um 13:45Uhr wird angeschossen."

praetor
06-04-2007, 03:21 AM

rent a horse

LOL, it was not a joke about Brazil. I love Brazil, man, what´s up with you?

Sorry, I ask for your excuses, error of interpretation.

socal_thongboy
06-04-2007, 03:23 AM

sure.......... but you wont make it past mexico city driving alone :lol: god i can only imagine the horror of what would happen :smh

I'd say good luck making it that far.

LOCpunks
06-04-2007, 03:23 AM

HAHAHA. Maybe if you are mentally deranged......and enjoy death.

Coroner
06-04-2007, 03:25 AM

"Sportkamerad Dipl Ing Christemann und ich - wir sind seit 1945 in Argentinien wo wir herzlich aufgenommen worden sind."
"So ist es!"
"Während wir in der Heimat als Kriegsverbrecher denunziert werden!"
"So ist es leider auch..."
"Nun zum Spiel... es ist ein herrlicher Sommertag hier in Cordoba."
"Kommen wir gleich zur Mannschaftsaufstellung - um 13:45Uhr wird angeschossen."

The right reply.

Dengoza
06-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Look, Brasil may be girl and tgirl paradise and there is all kinds of wonderful things there. But I have drove all around the country, and only near to the big cities on big freeways do the roads get barely taken care of.

But driving Brazilian roads is like something out of mad max... Not because of crime, allthough thats possible but because of the pot-holes. The holes in Brazilian roads are famous. I have seen holes in the road there that a bus could diseapear into. And the crazy thing is Im not joking. And trucks will turn a two lane highway into a four lane with their death defying passing. Allthough the deaths on the road there are absurd, so its not "defying"

The holes in the road come from out of nowhere at night and you have to swerve or crash into them. If you swerve with oncoming traffic... well you get the picture!

Well assuming you can get to Brazil on a road from here, its not gonna be a picnic when you get there...

Boa sorte!

Vala_TS
06-04-2007, 04:53 AM

Vala,

You Nazi! :lol:

Funny. Well here goes nothing.
I would like to go down there for the TS scene but I am scared for my own well being so it would be unthinkable to travel to any 2nd or 3 rate countries as I said above, especially after hearing about the bus-sized potholes. I don't even like leaving North America. Countries I would consider visiting are:
Canada (already been but would go again)
Most of western Europe.

Sorry, but I am very panicky when it comes to my well being.

Just for fun, here are countries that I've been to.

USA (Also reside in)
Canada
England
Holland (Unfortunately when I was younger so I didn't get to have any legal pot or to hit the red light district)

Vala,

Realgirls4me
06-04-2007, 04:59 AM
Why would anyone want to do that?

eviltwin585
06-04-2007, 05:02 AM
if youre going on a tranny quest to brazil, but are planning on driving, then

a) you have excellent taste in transsexuals because the brazillian ladies are incredible

and

b) you are crazy to drive- from boston? not just the distance, but arent americans hated universally, but especially in parts of central and south america???

dude - fly for cryin out loud. and have a total blast while youre down there

LOCpunks
06-04-2007, 05:05 AM
Yeah, Operation Condor didn't leave us with the best reputation down there.

muhmuh
06-04-2007, 05:59 AM
I am scared for my own well being so it would be unthinkable to travel to any 2nd or 3 rate countries

fox news had this cool bit about how youre less likely to get shot as a us soldier in iraq than on a normal day in california (the interesting bit was they spun it in such a way to make it sound like iraq was perfectly save)

the point im trying to make is the "2nd world" (what a stupid name) is not as dangerous as the news makes it appear to be

TJT
06-04-2007, 06:05 AM
Did they ever complete the section in the Darien region of Panama and Colombia? For decades it was just a line on a map,there was no road there.

I've gone by bus from Mexico City to Tegucigalpa,Honduras and another time from San Pedro Sula,Honduras to Managua. You better have a solid spine south of the Mexico-Guatemala border.

You don't want to drive anywhere south of the Rio Grande after dark outside of the cities. Lots of cars don't have working headlights down that way. You can't avoid 'em if you can't see them.

Two,robbing /kidnapping Gringos is a bit of a cottage industry in Guatemala,Salvador,and Hondu these days. The State Dept. issued a warning to Americans not to drive from Tegucigalpa to the Nicaraguan border this past winter. No shootings that I've heard of,but a Gringo in a SUV full of baggage is a tempting target? It's a rolling ATM to the not so nice folks (and many cops) down that way. That's why I bus.

Three,the Pan-Am highway is the main road for trade and trucking. Traffic can be heavy and manic in spots. The thing is most of the road is nominally two lanes south of Mexico? Pavement is often optional.

I wouldn't let that stop me. I'll probably be going to Hondu and Guatemala this winter. Fly into San Pedro boat out to Utila then bus around N. Hondu-C/E. Guatemala checkin' out the ruinas and having fun. Good folks down there and your dollar goes a long way.