PDA

View Full Version : So, So Sad

AllanahStarrNYC
06-02-2007, 02:02 AM
When my mom was diagosed with cancer two years ago (luckily she is in remission) reading this article about Tammy Faye Baker-Messener today made me realize this could have been her.

Tammy Faye is now terminally ill with cancer and the doctors have stopped treating it as there is no more that they can do. In other words, she is slowly dying.

Tammy Faye became a big inspiration to me after I watched 'The Eyes Of Tammy Faye' because of her amazing ability for forgiveness and her empathy. And even though Tammy is a very religious Christian, I think she is an example of what a true Christian should be- she believes that God & Jesus love everyone and she does not judge anyone. I really respect her and was just really amazed by her attitude and out look on life.

This is what she looks like now just over 60 pounds. So very sad.
She is in my prayeer-God bless Tammy Faye.

If you wish to leave a well wish www.TammyFaye.com

ottorocket
06-02-2007, 02:05 AM
God bless her. My mom is also in remission from BC...hits home.

MrsKellyPierce
06-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Poor darling, she used to have an official Myspace and talk on it a lot. Her words were always very clear, concise, sweet, and loving. I think the best time she made a speech on Celebrity Fit Club, telling parents that it was a sin to hate their children or disown their children for who they love. God bless her, and hopefully he can bring her through with a miracle.

Caleigh
06-02-2007, 04:24 PM
we all die eventually, tammie faye made wonderful
use of her time she had with us.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-22-2007, 07:13 AM
R.I.P. Tammy Faye

Legend
07-22-2007, 07:31 AM
R.I.P

Felicia Katt
07-22-2007, 08:33 AM
I'd have a lot more trust and faith that there is a God if it had been Jim instead of Tammie.

RIP

FK

Buzz
07-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Tammy Faye's heart was surely bigger than her ex-husband Jim Bakker's . I hope that she will be remembered for who she was and what she stood for on her own, rather than the years of scandal with him.

In her interview with Larry King just before her death, a viewer asked her this question:

"Unlike many of your Christian contemporaries, you have been a very positive influence in the gay community. Why do you think you found it in your heart to love and accept us?"

This was her answer, and remarks from her son:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ycqb4AOe6Uw

If there is a heaven, they're fitting her with angel wings now.

tsntx
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Tammy Faye's heart was surely bigger than her ex-husband Jim Bakker's . I hope that she will be remembered for who she was and what she stood for on her own, rather than the years of scandal with him.

In her interview with Larry King just before her death, a viewer asked her this question:

"Unlike many of your Christian contemporaries, you have been a very positive influence in the gay community. Why do you think you found it in your heart to love and accept us?"

This was her answer, and remarks from her son:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ycqb4AOe6Uw

If there is a heaven, they're fitting her with angel wings now.

co-sign

growing up i always found her to be such a great personality and very loveable even through her troubled business w/ her husband... every time she was on TV *esp sally jesse* she was so hard not to love... when i watched her on the celebrity version of real world.... i fell in love all over again and was SHOCKED to hear she went downhill so fast w/ the cancer... very very sad :cry:

ILuvGurls
07-22-2007, 02:09 PM
saw a clip on tv the other day and if they had not had her name under the picture would have never know it was Tammy Faye.

peggygee
07-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I will always have fond memories
and thoughts of her.

May she rest in peace.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/flying-dove.gif

Ecstatic
07-22-2007, 06:09 PM
RIP Tammy Faye.

LG
07-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Cosign the above, especially what Buzz said.

I was never a fan of her music and certainly was never a fan of her ex-husband, but she seemed like a good woman, a true Christian who cared about people and was willing to see the humour in things. If nothing else, she deserves to be remembered for the quote below alone, which she said in a documentary when asked about gay rights:

"I refuse to label people. We're all just people made out of the same old dirt, and God didn't make any junk."

Amen to that. May she rest in peace.