PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a house?

Vala_TS
05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Just a question. How many people on here (Both guys and TG's/GG's) actually own a house of their own?

Vala,

Ecstatic
05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, I own about half of it, and the bank the other half, lol. It'll be paid off in a little over 9 years.

tskisser
05-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I own a house in Orange County Ca.

TomSelis
05-31-2007, 11:34 PM
Condo....similar, but not quite the same.

BeardedOne
05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
"Own" is relative, as Ecstatic pointed out.

Where is this leading, pray tell? :)

LG
05-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Just a question. How many people on here (Both guys and TG's/GG's) actually own a house of their own?

Vala,
I have two questions too:

First question: Why?
Second question: Do apartments count?

BeardedOne
05-31-2007, 11:42 PM

Would that be a condo/co-op, LG? I get the impression this is an ownership query vs. rental/lease.

LG
05-31-2007, 11:50 PM

Would that be a condo/co-op, LG? I get the impression this is an ownership query vs. rental/lease.

Uh no, it's family owned, but the loan is still being paid. And I have a little place that's completely my own that I'm letting out to someone.

But nothing like a house in Orange County, sadly.

tonkatoy
06-01-2007, 12:15 AM
I own my house, in fact I built it from ground up, I call it the ultimate bachelor pad, its a 1400 sq ft apt/living are over a 4000 sq ft garage. I used to own it free and clear but had to take a loan out to cover some business things , it should be paid off again in 4 or 5 years. I still have some small things to finish up inside, but i like it, i put in hard wood floors and ceramic tile, and did all the woodwork, its a lot cheaper if you do it all yourself. I put in a huge kitchen, it measures about 15 x 18 with a bar and bar sink, hoping that it would be good bait, but alas. Plan B is to put in a hot tub. I might also build a natural swimming pool, I just built one for soem people here, and it turned out pretty well.

Oli
06-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Own houses in Ct. and RI. My brother's wife and 5 kids are going to spend the summer in RI., so I don't think we will be spending much time there this year.

General Disarray
06-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Yes,
I am a home owner

Vala_TS
06-01-2007, 04:23 AM

Vala,
I have two questions too:

First question: Why?

1. Just general interest as it seems just about everyone I've met these days rents a house or lives in an appartment and only old people have houses.

2. No, not unless you own the appartment.

And I have another question, do any of the girls on here own their own house? Because it seems (I hate to sound stereotypical but here goes) that guys always own houses and girls/tgirls never do.

Vala,

TomSelis
06-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Do condos count?

MonsieurValentine
06-01-2007, 04:35 AM
1 in Dallas. 1 in Los Angeles.

Vala_TS
06-01-2007, 04:38 AM
Do condos count?

If you own it, I guess it counts.

Vala,

marissaazts
06-01-2007, 04:50 AM
have my own home and have been looking for a summer home

TheOne1
06-01-2007, 05:00 AM
i own my house ..approx 3%...the rest to a bank. but can't afford the mortgage....so i rent it out and live in the abandoned subway tunnels

TJT
06-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Right now two houses in different towns and one on a farm. It ain't like I'm loaded,I inherited one of the houses and the farm.

I think I've got one of the houses sold? I'm tired of paying taxes on the damned thing and hate being a landlord.

Vala_TS
06-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Interesting points. Sorry to hear about the mortgages though.

So, I would like to ask again. Do any GIRLS own a house? This may sound silly but I want to own my own house but not if owning a house is a "masculine" thing to do as I already have enough trouble in that department.

Vala,

qeuqheeg222
06-02-2007, 06:02 AM
i own one in new orleans...paid for and i now i want to sell it.nice large victorian job uptown,lower garden district...used to be real nice...

PatrickFromNYC
06-02-2007, 06:03 AM
Right now two houses in different towns and one on a farm. It ain't like I'm loaded,I inherited one of the houses and the farm.

I think I've got one of the houses sold? I'm tired of paying taxes on the damned thing and hate being a landlord.

I own a condo in Manhattan (the home I live in) and two co-op apartments in Queens which I rent out......I HATE being a landlord also. Its amazing how many tenants are dead beats...I`ve had to evict four different tenants in the past 5 years....

Quinn
06-02-2007, 06:11 AM
So far as US properties are concerned right now, I own a pre-war co-op in NYC – which I just put on the market the other day – and some houses down in Georgia (I've sold most of my other domestic holdings over the last year or so). In fact, I closed on another house yesterday, which is why I'm in Georgia right now, instead of NYC.

I usually keep my primary residence paid off and maintain varying mortgages on my investment/vacation properties. I also own some small apt. buildings, etc. that are held in title by a real estate investment company that I run/own with my partners. Any mortgages tied to those buildings are in the name of the investment co., which offers numerous advantages.

-Quinn

PatrickFromNYC
06-02-2007, 06:19 AM
So far as US properties are concerned right now, I own a pre-war co-op in NYC – which I just put on the market the other day – and some houses down in Georgia (I've sold most of my other domestic holdings over the last year or so). In fact, I closed on another house yesterday, which is why I'm in Georgia right now, instead of NYC.

I usually keep my primary residence paid off and maintain varying mortgages on my investment/vacation properties. I also own some small apt. buildings, etc. that are held in title by a real estate investment company that I run/own with my partners. Any mortgages tied to those buildings are in the name of the investment co., which offers numerous advantages.

-Quinn

I`m going to sell off my investment properties also. I bought them in 2000 and they are worth 2 and 1/2 times what I paid for them. I`m tired of being a landlord and will take the tax hit just to have piece of mind ! Bes tof luck Quinn

Quinn
06-02-2007, 06:31 AM
I`m going to sell off my investment properties also. I bought them in 2000 and they are worth 2 and 1/2 times what I paid for them. I`m tired of being a landlord and will take the tax hit just to have piece of mind ! Bes tof luck Quinn

Best of luck to you to, Patrick. It sounds like you’ve made some great purchases.

I couldn't agree more about the whole "piece of mind" – or distinct lack thereof – that comes with being a landlord. What an endless headache, no matter how efficient your operation. More than once, I've wanted to walk away from real estate altogether because of it.

-Quinn

Guy4U
06-02-2007, 06:54 AM

-Quinn

How f-ing arrogant. There are people that are renting and reading this and you just come across as pompous. To the renters out there....you WILL own property(not that it matters) but if you do don't be an A-HOLE like our friend here. It's all just stuff...it's not life and you can't take it with you.

marissaazts
06-02-2007, 06:59 AM
So, I would like to ask again. Do any GIRLS own a house?

i said before i own a home and i am looking to buy a summer home

blckhaze
06-02-2007, 07:08 AM
own brownstone in the BX. owned another on the same block, but when my grandfathere passed, we sold it because both me and my borther we away at college and noone else could take care of the maintanance

Vala_TS
06-02-2007, 07:11 AM

Ok, sorry, I didn't realize that you were a female. The username and rank are confusing.

Vala,

PatrickFromNYC
06-02-2007, 07:31 AM

Someone in Arizona looking for a summer home... I`m assuming to get away from the heat ?? Interesting..Kind of the opposite of the snowbirds in NYC

justatransgirl
06-02-2007, 07:49 AM
OK - so the tally so far seems to be ONE t-girl owns a house??

I used to own one, but it got lost in "transition..."

Now I pay 4 times in rent what I paid for a house payment...

Sigh,
TS Jamie

Jennifer_English
06-02-2007, 08:11 AM
I own a house!!!

Its called 'Park Lane'... I won it tonight... apparantly I own hotels there and I can charge 200 quid a night....!

Fookin water rates are a bugger though - and I keep going to Jail..... I swear those housing people have summit against TS....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr xx

ottorocket
06-02-2007, 08:23 AM
I own 2 homes in the Bay Area...ouch...but i still manage along thanks to fixed rates.

Quinn
06-02-2007, 02:50 PM

-Quinn

How f-ing arrogant. There are people that are renting and reading this and you just come across as pompous. To the renters out there....you WILL own property(not that it matters) but if you do don't be an A-HOLE like our friend here. It's all just stuff...it's not life and you can't take it with you.

What are you going on about, stupid? Vala asked a question, and it was answered. If that's too difficult for you to comprehend, or you don't like my answer, that's too bad for you.

-Quinn

TomSelis
06-02-2007, 02:56 PM

What's wrong with what he said? Real Estate is a good game to get into and a nice source of income if you buy rental properties.

marissaazts
06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
yes someplace cooler for the summer, the 105-110 of june july aug. have become unbearable

and realestate prices are down now also

TJT
06-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Shoot,try up near Flagstaff or over towards Winslow or Holbrook. Elevation makes a lot of difference in that part of the country. Phoenix is like a frying pan in the summer.

marissaazts
06-02-2007, 10:11 PM
im aware of how phx is i have lived here 27yrs
im looking out of arizona ... in colorado or idaho and the such

Vala_TS
06-03-2007, 05:41 AM
I have a new spin on this question. Do any of the TG's out there want to own a house if they don't or is that seen as a man's thing and everyone stays away from it for the most part?

Vala,

OEMEnemyNum1
06-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Own a small ranch, with a home on it

Vala_TS
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I have a new spin on this question. Do any of the TG's out there want to own a house if they don't or is that seen as a man's thing and everyone stays away from it for the most part?

Vala,

Yeah......... its fair to say if you see a house thats pink all over, externally and has the occupant of a women you would stereotypically assume its a females house not just based upon the women but also the colors society deems as gender related.

as for houses......... houses are tedious in upkeep, they require continuous maintenance, insurance and allot of other bullshit that comes along with it. personally id go with a condo, but the best option in my opinion would be to just rent a really nice apartment and buy some home owners insurance and "call it quits". It all boils down to the amount of responsibility your willing to take.

Yeah, except, everywhere we've ever rented, the landlord ALWAYS gets greedy, puhes for more money and off we go. We have a lot of stuff so moving is a huge pain in the ass.

Vala,

CORVETTEDUDE
06-03-2007, 11:53 PM
None of you own shit!!!!!! How many times have you seen a Moving Van at a funeral! Your ownership is an illusion.

BeardedOne
06-04-2007, 12:11 AM
None of you own shit!!!!!! How many times have you seen a Moving Van at a funeral! Your ownership is an illusion.

I used to have a hearse in the driveway (Two at one point), does that count?

Jericho
06-04-2007, 12:17 AM

One's forward planning, two's a tad uptight! :lol:

BeardedOne
06-04-2007, 12:28 AM

One's forward planning, two's a tad uptight! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Maybe I had the illusion of an LTR. :lol:

Vala_TS
06-04-2007, 02:38 AM

Vala,

Yeah......... its fair to say if you see a house thats pink all over, externally and has the occupant of a women you would stereotypically assume its a females house not just based upon the women but also the colors society deems as gender related.

as for houses......... houses are tedious in upkeep, they require continuous maintenance, insurance and allot of other bullshit that comes along with it. personally id go with a condo, but the best option in my opinion would be to just rent a really nice apartment and buy some home owners insurance and "call it quits". It all boils down to the amount of responsibility your willing to take.

Yeah, except, everywhere we've ever rented, the landlord ALWAYS gets greedy, puhes for more money and off we go. We have a lot of stuff so moving is a huge pain in the ass.

Vala,

LOL well push back, when things dont go your way or some business is pushing you around for instance in your case the landlord of the apartment, then thats when you go around and do some research on whatever standards and guidelines the apartments are regulated by, then find some of the "rules" or "ordinances" that the landlord is breaking and then use a little blackmail to stop him from being so "greedy". In the case that doesn't work, then leave and continuously report the apartment to the BBB until its "act" is cleaned up along with the broken rules.

But thats just an example, the blackmail may not work every time, but continuously filling out reports to the BBB will work. You just have to keep at it.

Yeah, I would have done that but unfortunately, that was when my mom was renting and we all were living with her, I am just 18 this year so I'm speaking of the past, she's a "turn the other cheek" kind of person which honestly doesn't work in the real world. The last place we rented was a tiny ass house that the landlord wanted $425 a month, it had bad water, (we just bought bottled water), bad/dangerous/half-assed elecric wiring (that shocked me a few times), no outlet covers and had old rotten wood in many places, he NEVER came to fix any of this even though he promised too many times then at the end, he wanted more money for no reason! Can you believe this?

Vala,