PDA

View Full Version : I love England

AllanahStarrNYC
05-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I really do! One of my favortie places in the word.

A big hug to all the English members on the board.

deadclan69
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Allanah is coming to England, get your wallets and your cocks out...

ian
05-29-2007, 12:59 PM
I really do! One of my favortie places in the word.

A big hug to all the English members on the board.

Thanks Allanah. It's very much appreciated :)

I think you're great.

AllanahStarrNYC
05-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Hehe

Nothing to do with $.

I really enjoy the people, and the country. London ities with Paris and NYC
for my fave cities. Would live here if I could.

Everyone is always very hospitable- seriously.

Thanks folks

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
05-29-2007, 01:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/lou_cypher/arnold.jpg

LG
05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh, to be in England
Now that Allanah's there,
And whoever lives in England
Can meet Allanah fair.

In the disco clubs and the city streets
If you're lucky she's the girl you'll meet
Oh I wish I could be there somehow-
In England - now!

(with apologies to Robert Browning, whose worst poems were infinitely better than any of my best ones)

LMAO with JWBL, by the way.

Daddy99uk
05-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Well..... England loves you Allanah :D

London Guy
05-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Well..... England loves you Allanah :D

Doh! Beaten to it :)

rvince
05-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Brits are great people indeed.
Actually, brits are just nice people who happen to live on the wrong side of the english channel :-)

skipumpkin
05-29-2007, 02:09 PM
so you're coming to London Allanah???

When? Will you be seeing any of your admirers? I'd love to spend time with you............

/A
xxx

Kriss
05-29-2007, 03:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/lou_cypher/arnold.jpg

For the last time, NO I WON'T PULL YOUR FINGER
I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN 'THE SHINING'!

taniatv
05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Brits are great people indeed.
Actually, brits are just nice people who happen to live on the wrong side of the english channel :-)

Ha, I'm English but currently living in the US, I personally find the American people very friendly too. I always thought it was just an Elvis gimmick calling everyone 'Sir' and being really polite but it's the way here.

Just wish American's would drop this 'Soccer' thing and start calling it by its real name 'Football' :)

Kriss
05-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Just wish American's would drop this 'Soccer' thing and start calling it by its real name 'Football' :)

Surely there are more annoying things. people who pronounce 'leisure' as "LEEE-SHURR" . What about the tendancy to remark on anything everyday and ordinary as "AWESOME"

flabbybody
05-29-2007, 06:03 PM
UK's a great place. I'll never forget the first time I was hanging with some blokes in a pub down in the finacial district and they said they were going outside for a few minutes to blow a fag. I didn't care to join them till I found out what they meant.

Jennifer_English
05-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Come to England. It's Great !

Honest.

taniatv
05-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Surely there are more annoying things. people who pronounce 'leisure' as "LEEE-SHURR" . What about the tendancy to remark on anything everyday and ordinary as "AWESOME"

Yep like the time I spent 5 full min's trying to order a tuna salad sandwich. It wasn't till my girl friend who was at the edge of cracking up says "Just give her a toona salad" ....so the guy goes uh! and looks at me as if to say why didn't you say so.

Oh yeh and butter is budder over here :)

I think they have us on 'route' though, we pronounce it root.

Azanti
05-30-2007, 01:08 AM
THANKS Allanah,

Will be nice to see you again when you come over though I maybe working full whack, depending on when it is.

If you have a party a The Way Out Club I will be there for sure.

Az xxxx

Realgirls4me
05-30-2007, 03:20 AM
What I liked about London:

It's rich history and charm.

The Tube

The frankness and openness of its people

Picadilly Circus (Jaysus, does this place come to life on Saturday nights). This place is great!

How safe I felt.

What I didn't care for in London:

The food (this really isn't fair given how few places I actually patronized)

Smoking -- everywhere! This is tied the aforementioned eateries.

The prices

The depressing overcast.

I've only been there twice, and they were short sojourns at that, so my takes are obviously fraught with weak, limited examples. I wished I had gotten a chance to see the England countryside, as I heard and read that it can be very picturesque and beautiful. ...I concur with Allanah on Paris in that it is also one of my favorite places on this planet.

LG
05-30-2007, 11:13 AM
What I liked about London:

It's rich history and charm.

The Tube

The frankness and openness of its people

Picadilly Circus (Jaysus, does this place come to life on Saturday nights). This place is great!

How safe I felt.

What I didn't care for in London:

The food (this really isn't fair given how few places I actually patronized)

Smoking -- everywhere! This is tied the aforementioned eateries.

The prices

The depressing overcast.

I've only been there twice, and they were short sojourns at that, so my takes are obviously fraught with weak, limited examples. I wished I had gotten a chance to see the England countryside, as I heard and read that it can be very picturesque and beautiful. ...I concur with Allanah on Paris in that it is also one of my favorite places on this planet.

I'll agree, but the food has improved a great deal lately. There are some great places to go to and you can get absolutely anything from Italian, Greek or Hungarian to Vietnamese, Thai and Turkish food. The restaurants in Chinatown are almost all worth visiting and quite cheap and even the pubs have good food now and at decent prices. When did you visit?

As for the smoking thing, a new law prohibits smoking in enclosed public spaces, with- I think- only some smoking sections being available. So things have gotten better for non-smokers.

And you should try and see the countryside next time you are there or visit one of the smaller towns like Cheltenham or the villages in the Cotswolds. Very pretty places.

GroobySteven
05-30-2007, 11:30 AM
London's calling from a faraway land ...

Mama, I'm coming home.

See you there Alannah.
S

iloveshemales77
05-30-2007, 11:00 PM
"England, the country of warm beer and cold houses" as a Swedish friend of mine once remarked one bleak mid-winter evening in Dunstable.

iloveshemales77
05-30-2007, 11:10 PM
I think I'm gonna check out the way out club again after many years of abstinence

kocconutz
05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
:D Glad to see you having fun in England Allanah. Us here in NY and NJ already miss you. When will you come back to New York :?:

Realgirls4me
05-31-2007, 12:33 AM
I'll agree, but the food has improved a great deal lately. There are some great places to go to and you can get absolutely anything from Italian, Greek or Hungarian to Vietnamese, Thai and Turkish food. The restaurants in Chinatown are almost all worth visiting and quite cheap and even the pubs have good food now and at decent prices. When did you visit?

As for the smoking thing, a new law prohibits smoking in enclosed public spaces, with- I think- only some smoking sections being available. So things have gotten better for non-smokers.

And you should try and see the countryside next time you are there or visit one of the smaller towns like Cheltenham or the villages in the Cotswolds. Very pretty places.

I was there about 10 years ago to answer your question. It's great to read about the new smoking ordinance. I wish it had been in effect when I was there. ...When the smoking ordinance first took effect here in California, many thought it would permanently harm businesses such as restaurants and bars, but it was actually a boon for business, as it brought out many who were avoiding bars and restaurants due to having to breath secondhand smoke. It was also a boon to remodeling firms as many were hired to affix partitions and/or outdoor patios to accomodate those who smoked. Okay, enough of my smoke rant. :)

I also read that they got rid of the ubiquitous red double-deck buses in London. True?

Jennifer_English
05-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Whoops - missed that... a big hug to you too Allanah.. xx

When are you over here....?

Hoping to meet you at the Way Out Club..

x

General Disarray
05-31-2007, 01:34 AM
Funny
I'm from Birmingham.
But I left at age five and lost my accent.
:(

LG
05-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Funny
I'm from Birmingham.

You're lucky, I've heard how they speak up there. :lol:

Joking

General Disarray
05-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Funny
I'm from Birmingham.

You're lucky, I've heard how they speak up there. :lol:

Joking
I could have sounded like Ozzy Y_Y
then ladies would have loved me!