PDA

View Full Version : The French Open

rick_932
05-27-2007, 06:26 PM
the french open starts today and i got my money on nadal winning again this year on the men's side. anyone else feeling the french open, or tennis in general?

partlycloudy
05-27-2007, 11:36 PM
i used to follow tennis, but haven't kept up with it in a while so i don't know what's what. nadal is the guy who's been able to beat federer right?

rick_932
05-28-2007, 10:40 PM
yep, hes pretty much owned federer on the clay courts except for his first lose to him a couple weeks ago on a clay court. i think they'll meet each other in this year's finals and it'll be another good match

LG
05-30-2007, 01:13 PM
yep, hes pretty much owned federer on the clay courts except for his first lose to him a couple weeks ago on a clay court. i think they'll meet each other in this year's finals and it'll be another good match

Those two (and especially Federer) are so ahead of the competition that between them they can rule the courts for the next 5 years. Federer, especially, is tennis' Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan- an athlete who- when at his peak- is so far ahead of the competition, they need binoculars to see him.

rick_932
05-31-2007, 04:55 AM
i would love to see a federer vs sampras (in his prime) match. hes the only american i could think of that could own federer on any court. the media hypes roddick each and every fucking year and all he does is tank each tournament hes in. roddick is an average player at best

LG
05-31-2007, 03:59 PM
i would love to see a federer vs sampras (in his prime) match. hes the only american i could think of that could own federer on any court. the media hypes roddick each and every fucking year and all he does is tank each tournament hes in. roddick is an average player at best

Roddick is good but not great. As for Sampras vs Federer, we'll never know. Federer is still some way from achieving what Sampras could, but many contemporary and former tennis stars have suggested he might be even better than Sampras. Certainly, Federer is the best by far at the moment, with Nadal- a distant second- still being way ahead of the rest of the pack.

It's like trying to work out which of Brazil's World Cup winning sides was best, or whether Michael Schumacher is the best there ever was. Who knows? You can't compare generations.

The Truth
06-03-2007, 02:52 AM
I think Federer will be able to beat Nadal this year. Federer beat him in Germany a few weeks back. But it's going to be a great match anyway.

qeuqheeg222
06-04-2007, 07:22 AM
i luv my baby serena williams but she aint all that on the clay courts..some of them power girls-sharapova,serena,etc cant pull that shit on the clay...hey,by the way are you from lafayette?

The Truth
06-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Who ever wins between Serena and Justine Henin tomorrow will win the French open.

qeuqheeg222
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
henin will probably win but i'm still for my baby serena...

The Truth
06-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Henin is still my favorite, but the two Serbian girls are playing really good. And I doubt Sharapova can pull it off on this surface.
Federer should be really happy Canas lost today. Now it's all set up for a rematch between Federer and Nadal. Perhaps, the third time will be a charm for Federer.

trannybanger
06-08-2007, 12:51 AM
i am totally thinking Nadal will take it... this kid is amazing, when he first won the open he was like what 15? He is the the Tiger Woods of tennis.

The Truth
06-08-2007, 02:15 AM
i am totally thinking Nadal will take it... this kid is amazing, when he first won the open he was like what 15? He is the the Tiger Woods of tennis.He was actually 19 when he won his first French Open. And yes, he is quite amazing on clay, and he's getting better on other surfaces. I like the Nadal-Federer rivalry a lot. It's good for tennis.

trannybanger
06-08-2007, 02:25 AM
i am totally thinking Nadal will take it... this kid is amazing, when he first won the open he was like what 15? He is the the Tiger Woods of tennis.He was actually 19 when he won his first French Open. And yes, he is quite amazing on clay, and he's getting better on other surfaces. I like the Nadal-Federer rivalry a lot. It's good for tennis.

What was it he won when he was 15? I remember seeing him play for the first time back then... isn't he like 20 now?

The Truth
06-08-2007, 02:48 AM
As far as I know, he won his first ATP match at 15. I think only eight players have do that before. He just turned 21 on June 3.

trannybanger
06-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Ahh, that must have been the first time I had seen him. But anyway, he is awesome and great for the sport.

The Truth
06-08-2007, 11:24 PM
The finals are all set. I think Henin and Federer will win this year.

rick_932
06-10-2007, 06:47 PM
i got my money on nadal winning again this year

NADAL WINS!!!!

he's so much better than federer on clay. federer got 1 out of 17 break points, cant win playing like that. federer looked tired after the second set and just couldnt handle many of nadal's serves. great match

nadal/federer in the wimbledon finals, you heard it here first!

rick_932
06-10-2007, 06:49 PM
i luv my baby serena williams but she aint all that on the clay courts..some of them power girls-sharapova,serena,etc cant pull that shit on the clay...hey,by the way are you from lafayette?

yea i agree, the power hitters usually arent that great on clay courts. im from new orleans, born and raised

trannybanger
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
i am totally thinking Nadal will take it... this kid is amazing, when he first won the open he was like what 15? He is the the Tiger Woods of tennis.

Yeah, I knew I should have bet on it.

The Truth
06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I thought this was going to be Federer's year on clay. But I should've known better betting against Nadal on clay. Maybe next year.